Advice?

Nobody teaches Thai educators how to hire farang. It is not completely the admins' fault that they are clueless. We have had topics here on how to hire good farang teachers, but it appears that Thai educators do not read EFL websites. They have their own ways, which are not methods, more like hit or miss. As somebody said recently, be sure to say in the interview that you love Thailand, you love Thai food, and Thai ladies are so beautiful...and the job is yours. :o

I think it's very different when a teacher is doing things to undermine or back stab the administration--this goes with the territory. A lot of people don't like their bosses, for many, many reasons. The point is that the administator has to be above this and still has to give some presentation of professionalism. I certainly have teachers who don't like me and that's OK--provided that they are a good teacher. And criticism is to be expected, it's part of my job to field their complaints and sometimes take the brunt of it, even if I am unable to do something about it.

I'd agree with a great deal of this post. I've certainly had bosses I've not liked in the past, but some of those have gained my respect by the simple fact that they did the job well, and concentrated on quality of work rather than popularity. It's the same with my kids, they may not like me much because I work them hard (well they didn't at first), but they grudgingly respect me! Liking and respecting a boss/teacher/anyone are two separate things, but a lot of people confuse the two. They don't always go together.

Nobody teaches Thai educators how to hire farang. It is not completely the admins' fault that they are clueless. We have had topics here on how to hire good farang teachers, but it appears that Thai educators do not read EFL websites. They have their own ways, which are not methods, more like hit or miss. As somebody said recently, be sure to say in the interview that you love Thailand, you love Thai food, and Thai ladies are so beautiful...and the job is yours. :o

Strangely my hiring was handled exclusively by falangs (**** and her drinking buddy at the time, now departed), so it's not just Thai admin that can balls things up!

Strangely my hiring was handled exclusively by falangs (**** and her drinking buddy at the time, now departed), so it's not just Thai admin that can balls things up!
But apparently Thais hired the headmistress (and promoted her), and hired her drinking buddy.