Phuket Favourites- Food & Drink Edition!

TheLorax

What are your favourite places to eat and drink?

What bar makes the best mojito? What's your favourite take-away pizza? Who makes the best falafel? Where can I get a good burger (and don't say McDonalds!)? What's your favourite seafood BBQ restaurant? What restaurant do you take visitors to? Where can I get a good Issaan meal? Which buffets do you recommend? Who makes the best Western breakfast? Vegetarians - where do you like to eat?

A rough idea of prices and location would also be appreciated.

Let's hear them!

What are your favourite places to eat and drink?

What bar makes the best mojito? What's your favourite take-away pizza? Who makes the best falafel? Where can I get a good burger (and don't say McDonalds!)? What's your favourite seafood BBQ restaurant? What restaurant do you take visitors to? Where can I get a good Issaan meal? Which buffets do you recommend? Who makes the best Western breakfast? Vegetarians - where do you like to eat?

A rough idea of prices and location would also be appreciated.

Let's hear them!

For burgers I would recommend Joe's Downstairs.

Seafood: We like to go to "Patong Seafood".

For buffets on Sundays: "Twinpalms"

Japanese: "Naoki" in Amanpuri.

Gerd

Ah... the Metropole buffer lunch. A well kept secret. What a feast (5 course) I have for just 175 baht (++). And a glass of wine 95 baht (++). Check it out you all, you will be surprised .... :o

Where is that located?..is it every day, I am in town with some fussy farang eaters and this might be an answer for me

Metropole is the high rise city hotel next to the clock tower roundabout in Phuket Town, not far from Robinson. The buffer lunch starts at 11.00 until 14.00. Excellent value for money.

Vast variety of foods from Thai, Korean, Japanese, & Western. The western selection is limited to about 6 main dishes, plus starter soup, salad, breads, and deserts to die for.

Edited by LivinginKata

Seafood - Leam Hin seafood - between Phuket Town and Boat Lagoon

Buffet -Oishi- the one at Index.

DimSum - opposite Lotus Tesco on teh corner of road to the Coca Cola factory

BBQ - on the corner between Central and theback of Big C

Muslim food - place next but 1 to 7/11opposite boat lagoon

general Thai Food - Lemongrass restaurant in Phuket Town

Sefood BBQ- any of the roadside places on Rawai Beach

I'm Hungry now!

i have put together a list of restaurants and pinned it at the top of the phuket sub forum. the list is made up of recommendations taken from years of thai visa posts. some of them may not be in business any more. if anyone has any additions, please send me a PM and i will add them to the list.

Hi

In Nai Harn there is a small restaurant called Kallots,(not sure if its mean carrots in German) not far from 7/11 on the same side, only tried for breakfast, but that was very good, very good baguettes as well, and they have real coffee

nok seafood at surin, their burger patties are heavenly ! always take a load of uncooked ones home to throw on the bbq !

Mr. GraemeF,

not to be negative and not to bash, but I had the burger at Nok Seafood today on your advice...........and it was barely one step above a MacDonalds burger. The bun was about the same, burger small. The French Fries were really good though.

Don's California Burger puts that Nok Seafood burger to shame. The California Burger is a bacon-guacamole-cheeseburger, ever so tasty and sure to harden up the healthiest of arteries.