100 Rai Wanted In Korat, Buriram Or Surin

fruity

You'll have to accept failure as an acceptable outcome.

And that is easier if you are dealing with aid money and not money out of your own pocket.

A quite long time ago the brittish forces (through SAS) invented the "hearts and minds" concept in order to win wars, not easilly winnable by force.

Something the yanks could have employed in "that" war – zippo raids did them no favours.

Force is a factor...invest in peoples potential.

I don't really have much comment on that part of your reply. Your ideals are noble.

Hope that answers most of your questions, because I'm about to leave for Thailand and will be out of contact for some time now :-)

Not really, you were explaining your outlook in life as opposed to the practicalities of implementing those ideals. For me, I look at risk management and legalities and so I view things from that perspective. So for me, is the potential benefit worthy of the risk? Now I know you could argue that when you are talking about benefiting an individual etc, but you have to be realistic about it just like a bank would and you would risk assess a situation (in fact I know you would). So you aren't going to fork out money for anyone who requests it and that comes through by your statement of being empathetic as opposed to sympathetic.

Anyway, good luck with your trip and maybe sometime down the road we will hear more from you.

Not really, you were explaining your outlook in life as opposed to the practicalities of implementing those ideals. For me, I look at risk management and legalities and so I view things from that perspective.

And you are correct that I do to. Been in business to long not to think exactly like that myself. And as you note, I can always "hide" (my own words) behind "the potential of people" and potentially blaim (for myself) failure based on that. As you might guess, I don't.

What drives me is Rather the sheer joy of seeing _this_ development, and it is really rewarding:

1'st: Can you borrow me money (for some very unspecified reason). Failure. Been there, done that.

2'nd: I have this "scam" I'm inventing now, so that you can borrow me money (and then I use it to buy something completely different) that I can borrow more money from a "shark" with... Failure. Been there, done that ( a lot of times I'm afraid ).

3'rd: I have an idea. What do you think. I have this money myself (most of the time they actually do). My family can work really hard to get this done. Can you help out? I have this plan, can you look at it? Success. Been there, and it's very rewarding. AND, that is business.

Anyway, good luck with your trip...

Thanks. I will be extremely nice.

... and maybe sometime down the road we will hear more from you.

We will see. I normally don't speak about these things. Wrong people can get the wrong ideas. And as most of you already know, this is not for everyone.