Phetchabun Moo Bahns

Mahseer

Contemplating moving to Phetchabun town or near vicinity and would like to hear from those that live in moo bahns regarding cost/quality/satisfaction/choice. Wife was brought up there but family since moved to Dong Kwui to the south so not looking at any specific side of town but certainly open to suggestions as to where to start the search.

Here in Chiang Mai there are simply hundreds of moo bahns to chose from and the internet is awash with details but of course same does not apply for Phetchabun and google isn't giving anything away. I would prefer to stay below the 3 million barrier if possible and for the record not interested in buying land and building at this stage as still working outside of Thailand and away 8 months of the year but may tackle that one at a later date.

Thanks a lot

• 1 month later...

contact MacB he now lives in Phetchabun just near the city and seems very happy in his place he could give you a lot of details whereas I live about 10km south of the city and built my own place

Good things for me are Lotus/Tesco BigC just opened my side of town and Bangkok is only two and a half hours away by good roads all the way and Pattaya is only another hour and a half away from there

Contemplating moving to Phetchabun town or near vicinity and would like to hear from those that live in moo bahns regarding cost/quality/satisfaction/choice. Wife was brought up there but family since moved to Dong Kwui to the south so not looking at any specific side of town but certainly open to suggestions as to where to start the search.

Here in Chiang Mai there are simply hundreds of moo bahns to chose from and the internet is awash with details but of course same does not apply for Phetchabun and google isn't giving anything away. I would prefer to stay below the 3 million barrier if possible and for the record not interested in buying land and building at this stage as still working outside of Thailand and away 8 months of the year but may tackle that one at a later date.

Thanks a lot

If I can be of any assistance I will do my best: Have a look at the below link which I started there is some info there, i will expand information as time goes on

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Petchabun-t197238.html

mgc/macb, I had just about given up on getting a reply but thanks for posting.

I am due back in Chiang Mai end of next week (presently working off the Faeroes of all places) and expect to get some swift orders 'from above' to head down to Phetchabun and will indeed make contact before heading out.

Thanks again lads

• 3 weeks later...
contact MacB he now lives in Phetchabun just near the city and seems very happy in his place he could give you a lot of details whereas I live about 10km south of the city and built my own place

Good things for me are Lotus/Tesco BigC just opened my side of town and Bangkok is only two and a half hours away by good roads all the way and Pattaya is only another hour and a half away from there

Hi Mervyn

Still in Malaysia at the moment, but due back in Phetchabun about 10th Aug. So you can get to bangkok in 2 1/2 hours! ever been stopped by the police on the Phetchabun/Lop Buri border just before Chai Badan? :o You must be doing a fair old lick if you can get to Bangers in that time - takes me 3 hours :D

Anyway, for the previous poster, houses in Phetchabun. We've just bought a new place in a Moo Baan called Phetchompu. Right close to the town and walking distance from Big C and Tesco Lotus. The house is 3 bedroom, 3 bathroom and a car port. 5 A/C units included - all for 1.7 million. The wife was getting pissed off with me taking 4 years to build our house and only 25% complete, so we bought one.

Phetchompu is 1km south of Phetchabun city on the left side if approaching from Bangkok. If you want something bigger with more garden you can spend up t 4 million and get a huge place there. Building going on all the time. Walking distance from Kosit Hill Hotel.

Rgds

Kevin

Hi Mervyn

Still in Malaysia at the moment, but due back in Phetchabun about 10th Aug. So you can get to bangkok in 2 1/2 hours! ever been stopped by the police on the Phetchabun/Lop Buri border just before Chai Badan? :o You must be doing a fair old lick if you can get to Bangers in that time - takes me 3 hours :DI collect get there quick ticket regularly but never a problem came back today from Buriram Huirat to be exact in 4 hours not bad going me thinks as was dark for most of the way 400km.

Anyway, for the previous poster, houses in Phetchabun. We've just bought a new place in a Moo Baan called Phetchompu. Right close to the town and walking distance from Big C and Tesco Lotus. The house is 3 bedroom, 3 bathroom and a car port. 5 A/C units included - all for 1.7 million. The wife was getting pissed off with me taking 4 years to build our house and only 25% complete, so we bought one.

Phetchompu is 1km south of Phetchabun city on the left side if approaching from Bangkok. If you want something bigger with more garden you can spend up t 4 million and get a huge place there. Building going on all the time. Walking distance from Kosit Hill Hotel.

MLB is now a resident with his latest love on this estate he likes the place very good prices too :D

Rgds

Kevin

Look forward to seeing you soon sir

Frotting, thanks for the tip on Phetchompu and if you don't mind can a fire a couple of questions of?

How much land did 1.7 million buy you / Are there options for say 200sq wah of land / How many houses in the moo bahn / Security a concern?

I should be down around the 10th for 3-4 days research and will offer to buy you lads a couple at that local of yours.

All the best

Frotting, thanks for the tip on Phetchompu and if you don't mind can a fire a couple of questions of?

How much land did 1.7 million buy you / Are there options for say 200sq wah of land / How many houses in the moo bahn / Security a concern?

I should be down around the 10th for 3-4 days research and will offer to buy you lads a couple at that local of yours.

All the best

Hi....Just back on line after a break due to the Malaysian comms system - makes Thailand look positively high-tech.

I would say the land with our place is 20 x 20 metres, maybe more, but it isn't big. Having said that, there's enough room for a couple of big cars to the side and a smallish front garden. To be honest we don't want any more as we have a lot of land we're building on - when I get my act together!

There are a total of 280 homes on the estate and I think the owner of the land will stop at 300 from what he's saying. There's only one way in and out of the estate, through an archway that opens onto the main saraburi-lomsak road. This is good for security. Also the road passes the estate owner's house and everybody is seen going in and out. Actually, only people living on the estate enter (as a rule) so security is pretty good - though there aren't any armed guards.

Some homes have more land around them than ours but can't think how big 200 sq wah looks. You can rent a place there for around 5000 baht per month, if you want to get the feel of the place. Not many homes free right now though.

We'll be back around the 7th August, so maybe we'll catch up at that local of Mervyn's. I found it by the way......it's actually nearer 2.5 kilos after the junction :o

Rgds

• 3 weeks later...

I've been dragged off to work a week early and presently off Tanzania of all places but will be in Phetchabun towards the end of September so as previous would love to hear of any other moo bahns either built/in progress or scheduled.

Cheers

I've been dragged off to work a week early and presently off Tanzania of all places but will be in Phetchabun towards the end of September so as previous would love to hear of any other moo bahns either built/in progress or scheduled.

Cheers

I have a Thai friend going to put a house on the mkt not sure of the price though: How much you want to spend, also on 'Petchompu' where I live there are house built and being built around million bht: Let me know by Pm if you wish with expenditure info

• 4 months later...

Just heard from the wife that she does now finally want to move back to Phetchabun way. She is there now and has started looking around Chong Daen but as per original post we are not tied to any particular side of town so just looking for pointers on decent areas to explore. Would especially like to hear if any new moo bahns going up or scheduled.

Budget? Well wife reckons 2 mil will get something decent so prefer to stay in this sort of price range at least until we know more although I did quote 3 mil in my original post.

Thanks a lot for any additional information given.

Just heard from the wife that she does now finally want to move back to Phetchabun way. She is there now and has started looking around Chong Daen but as per original post we are not tied to any particular side of town so just looking for pointers on decent areas to explore. Would especially like to hear if any new moo bahns going up or scheduled.

Going with Chon Daen means several things to consider:

- To get to Phetchabun, you have to traverse the mountains, which can be slow and even dangerous in heavy rains.

- Chon Daen is close to Tap Khlo which is about the same size as Chon Daen but has a very good street market.

- On the west side of Tap Khlo is Taphan Hin, which is larger and has the railway station.

- To the north of Chon Daen is Wang Pong which is about the same size and has about the same stuff.

- Phichit which is much larger, is only a little farther than going to Phetchabun.

- Phitsanulok is a little further beyond Phichit and has the airport which is serviced by Thai Airways.

That may be information that you already know, but for me, the main decision with an area like Chon Daen is whether you want to live on the Phetchabun side of the mountains or the Chon Daen/Wang Pong side of the mountains. As I suggested earlier, the mountain road passage is slow and winding, can have mud and rock slide problems during rainy periods, as well as getting stuck behind a slow truck or getting head on with one cutting into your lane on a turn. The long and short of it is that you are making a decision to do much of your activities on one side of the mountains or the other.

As far as residences go, my suggestion would be to get your wife looking at some property (1-2 rai or so) and then plan on building your own place on your own land. Most new homes in the area are on separate land. There are quite a few between Chon Daen and Wang Pong, as well as some to the north of Wang Pong where my partner and I are at. You should be able to do something pretty decent for 2-3M. Just research all the threads about home building, workmanship, getting ripped off, etc.

Good luck.

- To get to Phetchabun, you have to traverse the mountains, which can be slow and even dangerous in heavy rains.

- Chon Daen is close to Tap Khlo which is about the same size as Chon Daen but has a very good street market.

- On the west side of Tap Khlo is Taphan Hin, which is larger and has the railway station.

- To the north of Chon Daen is Wang Pong which is about the same size and has about the same stuff.

- Phichit which is much larger, is only a little farther than going to Phetchabun.

- Phitsanulok is a little further beyond Phichit and has the airport which is serviced by Thai Airways.

That may be information that you already know, but for me, the main decision with an area like Chon Daen is whether you want to live on the Phetchabun side of the mountains or the Chon Daen/Wang Pong side of the mountains. As I suggested earlier, the mountain road passage is slow and winding, can have mud and rock slide problems during rainy periods, as well as getting stuck behind a slow truck or getting head on with one cutting into your lane on a turn. The long and short of it is that you are making a decision to do much of your activities on one side of the mountains or the other.

As far as residences go, my suggestion would be to get your wife looking at some property (1-2 rai or so) and then plan on building your own place on your own land. Most new homes in the area are on separate land. There are quite a few between Chon Daen and Wang Pong, as well as some to the north of Wang Pong where my partner and I are at. You should be able to do something pretty decent for 2-3M. Just research all the threads about home building, workmanship, getting ripped off, etc.

Good luck.

Spee, :wai:

From reading many of your useful threads, I get to know you've been living in Wang Pong for years. I'm hoping that you can tell me about the weather temperature in the areas around Petchabun. Currenlty I'm residing in Florida, USA :D but thinking of spending 6 months a year here in LOS.

Weather is on top of my lists. Whenever I'm visiting my relatives and friends (I'm a BKK born), naturally I spend most my time in this city. Each year I find my health is getting worst and worst from all kind of pollutions. :D

It is time for me to get out of living in the city.

What I'm looking for: A cool nice clean air ( am I asking too much ? :o ) WHERE there are cool days longer than summer days ( can't stand hot and muggy and hate air conditioned ). I alway welcome cold. Heard that some Isaan villages getting very cold around mid 50's F, I was tempted to move there then again the cold is only last for a few weeks.

For an outdoors lover, spending times 24/7 in air conditioned room (that what I did every time while in LOS) is not my kind of living. :D:D

If you can share your knowledge about the weather, I would appreciate very much.

Tink

Spee, :D

From reading many of your useful threads, I get to know you've been living in Wang Pong for years. I'm hoping that you can tell me about the weather temperature in the areas around Petchabun. Currenlty I'm residing in Florida, USA :o but thinking of spending 6 months a year here in LOS.

Thanks for the nice compliment. I don't actually live in Wang Pong but it is our amphur. My place is several clicks up the road, although I spend most of my time working overseas and only get to see my honey and my house during the all too infrequent and short breaks.

The weather in the area pretty much follows the typical Thailand weather pattern, hot season, rainy season and cool season.

During the hotter months (Mar-Oct), it gets pretty hot during the day (usually 90-100 degF or higher) and stays pretty warm in the evenings depending upon whether or not there are any cooling rain showers or breezes.

During the cooler months (Nov-Feb), the weather is absolutely perfect for me, although my honey thinks it gets too cold at night. It will still be around 90 degF during the day with the occasional thunderstorm. Then it gets down to a delightful (for me) 65-75 degF at night, and occasionally it will run 5-10 degF cooler. I will still wear my summer clothes, but my honey and everyone in her family will be bundling up with long sleeve shirts and jackets and then blankets at night.

There is really only about one thing that I can say is different possibly from other areas in Thailand. With the mountain range that runs north-south through the center of Phetchabun province, it often creates a significant temperature gradient which can result in afternoon and evening thunderstorms when there is moisture in the air. That said, the rains can be very spotty. There were some areas this year which got a ton of rain and other areas which got hardly any at all.

On the overall, I really like it there. The summers are a bit too hot for me, but when I retire, I'm hoping we will spend part of our summers in cooler northern locales in the US. It's usually nice and peaceful out in the country though, and very relaxing when I am home on break. The bigger towns are close enough that they are easy to get to when necessary.

Hope this helps.

Cheers.

Freezing here, we have an English Quilt/Duvet, and we fight for it during the night.

We have not had a fan on day or night for nearly 3 months, I really feel the cold here, and I too get wrapped up in woolies some nights, I even brought a small electric fan heater from the UK, and I need it.

The air here is very clean, the mountains are stunning, I live 30kms east of Phetchabun, I love it, for me it's fantastic here, as other posters have said, you can get most of the things you need from the recently opened Big C and Tesco stores here.

And as other posters have said the hot season is hot, I need the fans and aircon at that time of year.

There is many things to do here if you like visiting mountains and national parks, plenty of great waterfalls, one of which is about 10 kms from me (tat mok) The cost of living is very very cheap compared to say BKK.

http://www.thaifly.com/EN/guide/Phetchabun-Tour.php

Freezing here, we have an English Quilt/Duvet, and we fight for it during the night.

We have not had a fan on day or night for nearly 3 months, I really feel the cold here, and I too get wrapped up in woolies some nights, I even brought a small electric fan heater from the UK, and I need it.

The air here is very clean, the mountains are stunning, I live 30kms east of Phetchabun, I love it, for me it's fantastic here, as other posters have said, you can get most of the things you need from the recently opened Big C and Tesco stores here.

And as other posters have said the hot season is hot, I need the fans and aircon at that time of year.

There is many things to do here if you like visiting mountains and national parks, plenty of great waterfalls, one of which is about 10 kms from me (tat mok) The cost of living is very very cheap compared to say BKK.

http://www.thaifly.com/EN/guide/Phetchabun-Tour.php

Thats because you are a wimp and you let Mot win now come on its not that bad where you live at least you are not sleeping in the tent still. Apart from that you know as well as I do that you get used to the heat fairly quick and when it gets to 20 degrees C you get cold

below are the hills of Phetchabun that surround Muang Phetchabun area on three sides

post-21154-1231561100_thumb.jpg

he loves his tent really even got a pool table

post-21154-1231561111_thumb.jpg

Edited by mgc

Good luck.

Thanks Spee for your excellent reply. I'm stuck on the other side of the world working so while the wife clocks up the miles searching my part at least until I get home is purely to hit you lads up for ideas on where the prime areas of Phetchabuhn are and to narrow the search the family live near Khao Sai (10kms east of Taphin Hin if it hasn't made the map yet) so ideally anywhere within 60km or so radius suits but obviously being north of Khao Sai and closer to Phetchabun town has it's rewards. In fact ideal location would be just far enough away from the multitude of brother in laws I have inherited so it wouldn't be worth their while riding up to raid the beer fridge on a daily basis.

I do like the idea of building but it's another 12-18 months before I retire and as I work outside of Country the idea of renting and building later makes sense but I'll see what the wife has found and go from there but if anyone has any areas / moo bahns to recommend I would appreciate a heads up.

mgc: Thanks for the update on Petchompu and we'll certainly check this out.

Cheers lads

In a Ferrari driven by Michael Schumaker maybe :o

and when was the last time you drove it ?? all the road works have gone now apart from one small section on the BKK ring road and all the rest is a minimum of dual carriageways (even through the road works)

Oh by the way I drive it at least once every two weeks

Edited by mgc

and when was the last time you drove it ?? all the road works have gone now apart from one small section on the BKK ring road and all the rest is a minimum of dual carriageways (even through the road works)

Well, my gf comes from Wichien Buri, which is about 250 k from Bangkok. It always seems to take about 3 hrs to make the trip, but I generally don't go much over 100kph. The roads have always been pretty good although it has been 3 months since I made the trip. According to my A-Z Highway map, it is 350 k from Bangkok to Petchabun. I'm not saying it is impossible to do this distance in 2 and a half hours only that you will need to drive at an adverage of 140 kph, be pretty lucky with traffic lights at the several junctions on the way and meet no slow traffic on the last 25k before you reach Bangkok, something I have never yet witnessed in all the trips I have made to other parts of the Northern provinces

Edited by Bangyai

In a Ferrari driven by Michael Schumaker maybe :D

Well, my gf comes from Wichien Buri, which is about 250 k from Bangkok. It always seems to take about 3 hrs to make the trip, but I generally don't go much over 100kph. The roads have always been pretty good although it has been 3 months since I made the trip. According to my A-Z Highway map, it is 350 k from Bangkok to Petchabun. I'm not saying it is impossible to do this distance in 2 and a half hours only that you will need to drive at an adverage of 140 kph, be pretty lucky with traffic lights at the several junctions on the way and meet no slow traffic on the last 25k before you reach Bangkok, something I have never yet witnessed in all the trips I have made to other parts of the Northern provinces

Must admit I do pick up the occasional get there quick ticket (up to 160kmph at times depends on road and traffic) but as you can pay only once a day (if you keep the ticket) its not too bad at 200thb, but seriously a couple of tips for the road is dont travel on a Friday midday to 3pm avoid Saraburi town centre use the bypass Sunday morning is the best time to travel daylight hours, but night time after 10pm is brilliant as the traffic lights after 11pm just go onto orange blinking so no stopping just take care. Oh and use the ring road for Bangkok if going to Pattaya, or if going through BKK go on the second elevated road that goes past old DonMeaung but watch the turns near Rama IX (I do use sat nav and that helps a lot) at night through BKK Is quicker for Pattaya and only costs 55thb extra in tolls (175 instead of 120)

but yes the times are my usual timings but having said that if you do get caught in a jam on the motorways they can be an hour or so but the Thais have a good knack of getting past them what everit seems grass verge central reservations are all fair game with an acident detour.

One final thing I do find it quicker in a truck than a car by the way as you can see past stuff easier when passing and I have both a car and a truck, passing on dual carridgeways you say, yes to see if there is any thing that the one in front is going to pull out for, to overtake without signals

Oh and do you remember when the road had makings on it like I always imagined the guy painting them dodging the traffic :o

post-21154-1231581153_thumb.jpg

Edited by mgc

In a Ferrari driven by Michael Schumaker maybe :D

Must admit I do pick up the occasional get there quick ticket (up to 160kmph at times depends on road and traffic) but as you can pay only once a day (if you keep the ticket) its not too bad at 200thb, but seriously a couple of tips for the road is dont travel on a Friday midday to 3pm avoid Saraburi town centre use the bypass Sunday morning is the best time to travel daylight hours, but night time after 10pm is brilliant as the traffic lights after 11pm just go onto orange blinking so no stopping just take care. Oh and use the ring road for Bangkok if going to Pattaya, or if going through BKK go on the second elevated road that goes past old DonMeaung but watch the turns near Rama IX (I do use sat nav and that helps a lot) at night through BKK Is quicker for Pattaya and only costs 55thb extra in tolls (175 instead of 120)

but yes the times are my usual timings but having said that if you do get caught in a jam on the motorways they can be an hour or so but the Thais have a good knack of getting past them what everit seems grass verge central reservations are all fair game with an acident detour.

One final thing I do find it quicker in a truck than a car by the way as you can see past stuff easier when passing and I have both a car and a truck, passing on dual carridgeways you say, yes to see if there is any thing that the one in front is going to pull out for, to overtake without signals

Oh and do you remember when the road had makings on it like I always imagined the guy painting them dodging the traffic :o

post-21154-1231581153_thumb.jpg

Yes...I'd want danger money for being a white line painter in Thailand !! :D

I remember driving up in our car on one occasion in the hot season when the tarmac had almost turned to liquid and at several of the traffic lights between Saraburi and Chai Bedan lorries had made deep grooved ruts in the road surface in the last 30 metres up to the cross roads. I made the mistake of driving into one of these ruts and hearing the bottom of the car scrape along the bottom of the road. I've been more careful since.

Anyway....safe driving to you.....I hope your good luck continues :D

Spee, :D

From reading many of your useful threads, I get to know you've been living in Wang Pong for years. I'm hoping that you can tell me about the weather temperature in the areas around Petchabun. Currenlty I'm residing in Florida, USA :D but thinking of spending 6 months a year here in LOS.

Thanks for the nice compliment. I don't actually live in Wang Pong but it is our amphur. My place is several clicks up the road, although I spend most of my time working overseas and only get to see my honey and my house during the all too infrequent and short breaks.

The weather in the area pretty much follows the typical Thailand weather pattern, hot season, rainy season and cool season.

During the hotter months (Mar-Oct), it gets pretty hot during the day (usually 90-100 degF or higher) and stays pretty warm in the evenings depending upon whether or not there are any cooling rain showers or breezes.

During the cooler months (Nov-Feb), the weather is absolutely perfect for me, although my honey thinks it gets too cold at night. It will still be around 90 degF during the day with the occasional thunderstorm. Then it gets down to a delightful (for me) 65-75 degF at night, and occasionally it will run 5-10 degF cooler. I will still wear my summer clothes, but my honey and everyone in her family will be bundling up with long sleeve shirts and jackets and then blankets at night.

There is really only about one thing that I can say is different possibly from other areas in Thailand. With the mountain range that runs north-south through the center of Phetchabun province, it often creates a significant temperature gradient which can result in afternoon and evening thunderstorms when there is moisture in the air. That said, the rains can be very spotty. There were some areas this year which got a ton of rain and other areas which got hardly any at all.

On the overall, I really like it there. The summers are a bit too hot for me, but when I retire, I'm hoping we will spend part of our summers in cooler northern locales in the US. It's usually nice and peaceful out in the country though, and very relaxing when I am home on break. The bigger towns are close enough that they are easy to get to when necessary.

Hope this helps.

Cheers.

Spee, thanks so much for giving a clear picture of the weather that Petchabun has to offer.

I'm sure going to put this fact in my consideration. One thing I notice what you said ...." I like it here.." So I reckon it's quite nice living in Petch after all. :o

Plan to come to Petch and have a trial living for few months to get the feel of it.

Appreciate for your input.

Tink

quoted.........."There is many things to do here if you like visiting mountains and national parks, plenty of great waterfalls, one of which is about 10 kms from me (tat mok) The cost of living is very very cheap compared to say BKK..."

Monkeypants, thanks for pointing me a way to enjoy my outdoors life. :D

Petchabun sounds like my kind of town :D

Going to waterfalls... natural springs....fishing...bird watching etc. are my utmost experience. :D Unfortunately I didn't get to do it often. No body in my family likes to do any outdoor activity. :o

mgc, thankfully I am safely tucked up in bed when you are 'trucking it up' to Petchabun at 160 kph, considering the speed limit is 90 kph for cars/pickups on Route 21. I may be wrong (often am!) but the only vehicles that seem to be exempt these speed limits are the Black Fortuners/Vigo 4x4s & saloon cars -usually Beemers/Mercs etc... This weekend in our town- Phu Toei- which you will speed through, everyone does!, we have had two adult Thai motorcyclists killed in collisions with cars. Yes no lights on the bikes!, but who obeys the laws out here!!, as long as I can make it home in 3 hours+ from Bangers.

mgc, thankfully I am safely tucked up in bed when you are 'trucking it up' to Petchabun at 160 kph, considering the speed limit is 90 kph for cars/pickups on Route 21. I may be wrong (often am!) but the only vehicles that seem to be exempt these speed limits are the Black Fortuners/Vigo 4x4s & saloon cars -usually Beemers/Mercs etc... This weekend in our town- Phu Toei- which you will speed through, everyone does!, we have had two adult Thai motorcyclists killed in collisions with cars. Yes no lights on the bikes!, but who obeys the laws out here!!, as long as I can make it home in 3 hours+ from Bangers.

Must admit I do truck on, but going through any town the speed comes down ~ drive within limits and self preservation is my moto

Brakes and head lights are uprated by the way

Hi Tink

The weather here at the moment is really nice, I ride my motorbike to Phetchaun City a few times a week (55Kms), on Sunday it was just like a bracing Spring morning in the UK. Despite being well wrapped up :o I was absolutely freezing by the time I arrived. It is cold enough here to light a fire in the evenings if we are sat outside, the humidity is low and the air is cool and tastes so fresh and unpolluted.

I took my wife for her driving test yesterday (she passed wahay!). As I was waiting around for 4.5 hours, strolling around the test centre was an absolute pleasure, clean surroundings, nice countryside and gardens, and a cool, brilliantly sunlit day with a strong breeze, very stimulating. The light quality was so good the colours of the flowers and many varieties of birds were really vibrant, a good day for an artist if thats your bag.

This morning at 0730 I would estimate the temperature at about 15C, it is probably 18-20C right now. Really enjoying this cool, dry season and will enjoy it immensely, dreading the hot season but, even then it is not as bad up here compared to the Eastern seaboard, and if you stay in the shade it is bearable.

Regards to all

Chris :D

Hi Mgc

no offense mate but whats the rush, I used to be a pretty quick driver but have grown out of it, a blow out at 160KPH, dread to think. To quote a sailing saying when you run out of wind, you are out here where you want to be, whats the point of getting there any quicker if you don't absolutely have to. I aim to average 80KPH on a journey so that means doing 100-110 when you can, much more relaxing and the fuel and wear and tear saving is astronomical. Not preaching just putting in a point of view, as the man said keep on trucking!

Regards

Chris