Hotel Chiang Rai

Pitu277

Sounds like you're still unsure.

Old the old airport road, there's a group of hotels close together, one of which should be ok. Might be easier to take a pick from there if you can't decide beforehand.

Check out the map below.

304062174_JDmuN-S.jpg

The hotels are marked in Red.

La Luna, Phiman Inn are up market. Sport Inn starts at 350 baht. Amorn Inn & Sabai Inn should be 1 or 2 hundred more.

The Red Rose "is the Red Rose" a theme hotel, rooms from 500 or 600 baht from memory.

Good luck & enjoy the drive.

I stayed at the Phiman over a year ago, has a pool, good for family and could smoke out on the deck (very clean, good breakfast). Also the Amorn which was cheaper, clean/comfortable but no pool/breakfast. All an easy 15 - 20 minute walk into town center for night market, clock and such. Can take a tuktuk back if legs get tired. I enjoyed the walk as there are food/coffee available all along the way. Just walk from Phiman past Red Rose, take the left.

Sounds like you're still unsure.

Old the old airport road, there's a group of hotels close together, one of which should be ok. Might be easier to take a pick from there if you can't decide beforehand.

Check out the map below.

304062174_JDmuN-S.jpg

The hotels are marked in Red.

La Luna, Phiman Inn are up market. Sport Inn starts at 350 baht. Amorn Inn & Sabai Inn should be 1 or 2 hundred more.

The Red Rose "is the Red Rose" a theme hotel, rooms from 500 or 600 baht from memory.

Good luck & enjoy the drive.

I would still agree with this, and I think it is a much better place to hang out and the old airport is a great place to take a stroll.