List Of Favourite Restaurants In Phuket

donna

A few of my new favorites:

Dubai Restaurant Kata on Soi Malisa 50m north of Kata Beach Resort. Best Indian food I have ever had. Definitely better then the it's sister Dubai Restaurants in Patong. Ask for Shiva.

New Italian Restaurant (Can't remember the name) at the entrance to Patak Villa ~300m west of Chalong Circle on Patak Road. Great food, reasonable price.

Toto's, right hand side before you enter Laguna. Expensive but unbelievable Italian Cuisine. I never thought I would find food this good in Thailand.

Wine Connection has opened a new outlet in Jungceylon that is more like their Singapore operations then the Phuket operations.

I was there last night, super cool, not expensive.

Pizza-199

Fresh Pasta dishes-199

Australian grain fed beef tenderloin-399

bottles of wine 399-500 (plus many more)

Lounge in the couch area and watch people go by with a glass of wine and a starter.

It's great !!!

• 1 month later...
Da Zio Vanni

In on the main way from Kata to chalong, before the circle on the Right side.

Fantastic italian food & Pizza a very reasonable price.

Since I know this place I start to save about 3-4000 thb/month

:)

anyone know this place i can't find it

Da Zio Vanni

In on the main way from Kata to chalong, before the circle on the Right side.

Fantastic italian food & Pizza a very reasonable price.

Since I know this place I start to save about 3-4000 thb/month

:)

anyone know this place i can't find it

It must be the Italian restaurant just by the entrance to Patak Villa, in the 2nd row of shophouses.

• 2 weeks later...

Visited a new place the other evening (at least new for me, though think it only opened sometime late last year also). Called 'Bonsai', and if coming from Chalong Circle on the Chaofa East road, about 50 metres on the left before the Phuket Zoo traffic light turnoff. Interesting place, with a vintage Triumph TR3 on display, and I believe they had a collection of 5 million postage stamps (though they didn't interest me!), and some very rare ceramics. Very well laid out place, with good quality toilets. Food was good and reasonably priced, and staff attentive. They had live music (singer/guitarist) also, but it wasn't intrusive. Would go there again.

What was on the menu?

Didn't really look at the menu, as there were a few of us (9), so the consensus was for a mixture of fish and meat. Also get the impression that it's very much Thai food only. Certainly a leg of pork (whole), was very well cooked and tender (albeit without the crackling type skin which I prefer), and a couple of (large) whole fish which were also excellent. I think the bill came to just over 4000 baht for the 9 of us, which included some drinks (though not an excessive amount). I would like to try it again, just the g/f and I, and make our own menu selections.

A couple of recent discoveries for me.

New Italian place at the entrance to Patak Villa on Patak road in Chalong. Same guy that owns one in Kata. Smells great, decent service, and reasonable prices.

Sabai Sabai Indian food next to Calypso Divers on Thaina Rd. in Kata has a new owner. No more thuggish mobster types huffing on hookahs out front. Some of the best Tikamasala, Vindaloo and Naan bread I have ever had. Very reasonable prices.

New Italian place at the entrance to Patak Villa on Patak road in Chalong. Same guy that owns one in Kata. Smells great, decent service, and reasonable prices.

I went there tonight and will have to agree with you. I had a pizza and it was really good. Not the watery wet cloth like texture in the center like a lot of pizzarias in Phuket. The owner was really friendly too. He told me he is closing shop in Kata and expanding this new restaurant in Patak Villa.

I went there tonight and will have to agree with you. I had a pizza and it was really good. Not the watery wet cloth like texture in the center like a lot of pizzarias in Phuket. The owner was really friendly too. He told me he is closing shop in Kata and expanding this new restaurant in Patak Villa.

Hi

Yes not bad at all, we was 5 people 2 Farang 3 Thai everybody liked it and good price as well, and free sambuca

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi

Yes not bad at all, we was 5 people 2 Farang 3 Thai everybody liked it and good price as well, and free sambuca

Not bad, but distinctly average i'm afraid. Dough made from cardboard and extremely thin toppings. B220 is reasonable though. Like i said, 'not bad'.

If pizza is your thing, then i'm qualified. The Phuket Gazette said so, so it must be true.

Try, Capanine in Kata, Salvatore in Phuket Town and Il Capricio in Kata. Yes, they are 50 baht or so more expensive, but they are significantly better than La cosa nostra da zio Vanni. Trust me, i'm an expert.

Not bad, but distinctly average i'm afraid. Dough made from cardboard and extremely thin toppings. B220 is reasonable though. Like i said, 'not bad'.

If pizza is your thing, then i'm qualified. The Phuket Gazette said so, so it must be true.

Try, Capanine in Kata, Salvatore in Phuket Town and Il Capricio in Kata. Yes, they are 50 baht or so more expensive, but they are significantly better than La cosa nostra da zio Vanni. Trust me, i'm an expert.

You must be part of the pizza club on facebook. If I buy pizza it is from Patak being close to home but would prefer something better in the Chalong/Rawai/Nai Harn area if you know of any as I don't fancy going to Kata or Phuket Town unless it is for a night out.

Does anyone remember the little place on the way to Chalong pier, run by an Amercian couple, which sold really good burritos & has been closed for quite a while now. Would like to find something of the same standard.

You must be part of the pizza club on facebook. If I buy pizza it is from Patak being close to home but would prefer something better in the Chalong/Rawai/Nai Harn area if you know of any as I don't fancy going to Kata or Phuket Town unless it is for a night out.

Does anyone remember the little place on the way to Chalong pier, run by an Amercian couple, which sold really good burritos & has been closed for quite a while now. Would like to find something of the same standard.

Well in my opinion, M&M's in Rawai (but soon moving to rawai/naiharn area) is better.

re. the American burrito place. That shut down years ago - and yes, it's still sorely missed! Best burritos are in Los Amigos in Naiharn i feel.

Ok, the new Indian/Tandoori house on Rawai beach road, between the 7/11 and Candy bar.

It's by far the best Indian meal i've had in Thailand.

The restaurant has two floors. Ground floor has some tables outside and some inside. The next floor has lots of tables upstairs. Clean, airy and comfortable.

They also have hookah water pipes available, though i've no idea how much they cost.

Couple of Thai chicks were in there smoking apple tobacco. Make your own hooker/hookah/smoking gag here.

I had Paneer Kofta. One big bowl with 4 kofta thingies in it, surrounded by curry sauce.

1 x naan bread

2 x popadoms with dips

1 x large plate of rice

2 x Tiger beers

It was far too much for one person to eat, but i did my best and was stuffed.

Grand total = 320 baht which in my view is not too expensive. Not something i m going to do every day, but quite a reasonable cost.

Highly recommended and will be visiting again.

I re visited one of my favourite Thai eateries last night & is still great. It is on Chao Fa East just south of Thanong Kwang traffic lights & almost next door to Master Butcher. I think it is only open at night but excellent Thai food at reasonable prices. Menu is now in Thai & English after many years just being in Thai. Expect to wait a little while for food when there is a crowd which there usually is including those waiting for takeaways. Last night we got there just before 7pm & so not many diners but when we left it was almost full.

Another place that I've visited quite a few times over the last few months is 'The Winch', in Boat Lagoon Marina. Consistently good and reasonably priced bistro style food and friendly service. I recommend the chicken and mushroom vol-au-vent, and the salads. They also do a menu of the day, which changes daily, and again is excellent value for the quality of food. Not the kind of place you're likely to stumble across, being in a marina, but worth a detour and very pleasant looking at the activities of the marina whilst having lunch.

Didn't really look at the menu, as there were a few of us (9), so the consensus was for a mixture of fish and meat. Also get the impression that it's very much Thai food only. Certainly a leg of pork (whole), was very well cooked and tender (albeit without the crackling type skin which I prefer), and a couple of (large) whole fish which were also excellent. I think the bill came to just over 4000 baht for the 9 of us, which included some drinks (though not an excessive amount). I would like to try it again, just the g/f and I, and make our own menu selections.

Finally got around to visiting again last night (Bonsai, Chaofa Road East). 6 adults and 3 children, so quite a selection of dishes. Of particular note are the pork legs, very succulent (we had 2), and the steamed fish. Many different dishes to try, including some unusual ones (crocodile, ostrich etc) which I haven't seen in any other Phuket restaurant. Also had more of a chance to look around at some of their collections (postage stamps, ceramics), and a Rolls Royce Silver Shadow Mark 1 has been added to the Triumph TR3 on display. Good to wander around whilst waiting for the food.

Service, as before, was excellent, and the live music (singer/guitarist) pleasant without being obtrusive. Their toilets are probably the best of any non-hotel restaurant that I've visited in Phuket. The bill was also reasonable, a total of 2600 baht, which included a few litre pitchers of draught beer, and a half bottle of Regency to go with the coffees.

Foccacia Pizzeria on the Chalong pier road. It's by far the best pizza I've had in all of S.E. Asia. He also makes fresh buccotini and other types of pastas My friends and I call it grumpy pizza, because the owner is an angry Italian man. However, he does make sure to check up on you every so often to make sure you're enjoying your meal, even if he is a bit harsh. However, he warms up at the end of the meal and gives a smile which looks like it might hurt, but still makes me feel warm inside!

Hi, Where is it exactly, i have to go to the chalong circle and then turn to the way of chalong pear right?

• 2 weeks later...

A new restaurant has opened a kilometre or two down the road east from Heroines Monument. The last new shophouse on the right, and it’s called GITANO.

They’ve been working on it for months and it looks like something you’d expect to find in a proper city like New York or London – so I expected the food to be “modern/fusion Thai” i.e. overpriced rubbish. But I was wrong! Based on six meals so far, the food is not only real Thai, but the very best I’ve ever had in four and a half years of living here. And at normal (80 baht, main course) prices… there must be a catch!

Closed on Wednesday and, no, I have no connection with this business.

If you love quality French food then Le Celtique in Samakea 4 Rawai is an absolute must , we moved into the area earlier in the year and spotted the Restaurant tucked away amongst the houses , thinking it was unusual to have it away from the main strip if you like .... we had been reluctant to try French food because we had been lucky enough to eat at the Loose Box in Australia owned by famous French Chef Alain Fabregues from Bordeaux..(google him) very very good chef for fear of being dissapointed . Anyway we decided shortly after moving in to try out LeCeltique , it is run by husband and wife team Bertrand and Lek Plumer , Bertrand the master Chef and Lek the Dynamo Master Host , we were blown away from the start the food is exceptional , we have worked our way thru (over many visits)a host of dishes both French and Thai and everyone is top class , the wine list , the staff and the decor it is a credit to both Lek and Bertrands hard work over the years ... these guys have worked and worked first in Kata and then the move to Rawai to establish a class act and this is the result. It is hard to believe that in walking distance we have this little gem , if you want to have a great evening , with fine food in a relaxed atmosphere away from the crowds then i urge you to try Le Celtique you will not be dissapointed .... by the way Bertrands cooking is right up there with Alain .....

Cheers Enjoy

Coming from Kata: in the corner to rawai, just before Icon, go straight. First road to the left, after about 300 meters on your right hand side.

They have yellow lightboards on the main road and where to turn left.

cdmtdm, I totally agree with you, which is why I mentioned them already some pages back in this thread.

I have been visiting them since 2001, and always had good experiences.

glad you enjoyed it steven , great place indeed !!

cheers

Dear Donna. You forget restaurant number 6, restaurant number 9 in Patong, and the best restaurant in Chalong - "Fattys".

Phuket Town restaurant "Natural".

A lot of what you have listed in the list - this is mediocrity.

Sorry, this thread has been going for a very long time, and you will find mention at some time of the restaurants you mention (particularly Fatty's). Don't think this is a definitive list, more an ongoing update of people's experiences for sometimes old, sometimes new. Many people also judge restaurants not only by their menu, but by the total experience (location, ambience, service, quality, price etc). For most expat regulars, maybe consistency is the most important attribute. Anywhere can make a good (or sometimes bad) meal occasionally, but it's the one's who perform equally well on a quiet Tuesday, or a busy Saturday that should get the plaudits.

What really astonishes me, is the prices asked in the resort areas, usually for average/mediocre food. Could name names, but too many to mention.

Need to add "Dan's Restaurant" (not Don's but Dan's with an "A"). Just opened October. Formerly "Dave's" who suddenly and tragically passed away just this September after opening. Next door to the "Best Mansion" on Chafa Road East". An American restaurant with great "Western and Thai" cuisine.