Patong Hill Underpass Suffers Major Setback

alanmorison

PLANS FOR a two-billion baht underpass through Patong Hill have suffered a major setback with Patong Tessaban opting on May 14 to reject the budget for a feasability study.

The head of the Tessaban board, Raksak Nuset, said the 39 million baht underpass study was too expensive to undertake now and there was a danger that the underpass itself could damage the environment.

-- full report on www.phuketwan.com

PLANS FOR a two-billion baht underpass through Patong Hill have suffered a major setback with Patong Tessaban opting on May 14 to reject the budget for a feasability study.

The head of the Tessaban board, Raksak Nuset, said the 39 million baht underpass study was too expensive to undertake now and there was a danger that the underpass itself could damage the environment.

-- full report on www.phuketwan.com

A feasibility study was conducted several years back...and the plans rejected on cost grounds. I guess it's putting a few baht in someone's back pocket by bringing the project back into the limelight again anyway :o

geoffphuket

I believe this was the third feasibility study in many years but off-course it only told that it was to expensive to build an tunnel.

What a surprise :o

I think that a few people made a lot of money again with proposing an feasibility study, and the tunnel ( or something similar ) will never be build. :D