Web Love-link Britain Ripped Off

libya 115

SOURCE: Pattaya Daily News: May 16th 2008

WEB LOVE-LINK BRIT RIPPED OFF BY PATTAYA CON GIRLS

A Brit man met a Pattaya girl through a Thai love-link website. The young woman arranged to meet the Brit at his Na-Jomtien Condotel, bringing a female friend along. While the first girl was in the bedroom having sex with the victim, her friend ransacked the living room. Using the excuse of taking her friend to catch a bus, the first broke off the sex session, falsely promising to return. The pair had ripped-off valuables and money to the tune of Bt100, 000.

This hard-luck story came to light at 9am, on May 15, 2008, when Pol.Sub.Lt. Pitichon Terdkiet-korakul, Sattahip Investigator was notified by Mr. Roger Stephenson (56), a British citizen, the ex-owner of Chatnet Tour Company from the UK, that he had been robbed by Miss J. and a friend at Beach Villa Vipawadee Condotel, Na-Jomtien. Mr. Stephenson maintains he lost money in 15 currencies, a cell phone, and a notebook computer; all worth more than Bt100,000 baht. The two thieves had escaped by motorbike.

The police duly visited Mr. Stephenson and examined both the bedroom and living room, which had been completely ransacked. Conveniently, the condo has CCTV, which actually picked up the pictures of the two thieves, (as may be seen in accompanying pictures) who Mr. Stephenson will later be asked to identify in order that they may be arrested.

Mr. Stephenson told police that he used to run a tour company bringing tourists to Thailand. However, he is now retired and living in Thailand. He related that while he was using an Internet chat line, he had come across a female he only knows by the name of Nong J. Although he maintains it was for the first time, Nong J. said that she had known him from before and asked to come for a visit.

Shortly after, two girls arrived by motorbike. He came down to greet them and took them to his room. The two girls acted as though they were acquainted with him. While Nong J's friend volunteered to cook, Nong J. had offered to have sex with him and had accompanied him to the bedroom. Mid-way through the sex session, Nong J. had made the excuse that she had to take her friend out to catch the bus to Rayong, but that she would return later.

Nong J. had then put her clothes back on and left the bedroom. Mr. Stephenson said that he came out of the bedroom soon after the two girls had gone, only to find his living room completely ransacked. He immediately called security to try and catch them, but it was too late. He said he deplored losing his mobile phone, which contained all the important numbers of relatives and friends from around the world. He described one of the girls as quite tall and the other short. He begged the police to search for the two girls to punish them and attempt to retrieve his mobile phone .

Are we supposed to feel any sympathy for this fool?

Is not this the oldest trick in the book...I can't believe anyone still falls for it! Everyone knows you NEVER leave an unknown unmonitored service worker alone in a room in your residence!

Edited by jonniebkk

Is not this the oldest trick in the book...I can't believe anyone still falls for it! Everyone knows you NEVER leave an unknown unmonitored service worker alone in a room in your residence!

I totally agree.. Can you say 'S-T-U-P-I-D' ?????

..and even more stupid if you don't back-up your phone and PC somewhere like on DVDs or an extrenal hard drive...duhhhhh

I totally agree.. Can you say 'S-T-U-P-I-D' ?????

..and even more stupid if you don't back-up your phone and PC somewhere like on DVDs or an extrenal hard drive...duhhhhh

Yes, now that sure reminded me. Thanks. :o

Mr. Stephenson maintains he lost money in 15 currencies...

So...he was planning on opening his own bank branch in Pattaya????? :o

Mr. Stephenson maintains he lost money in 15 currencies...

So...he was planning on opening his own bank branch in Pattaya????? :o

:D , Wouldn't fancy depositing any money with him. Not exactly the sharpest tool in the box, but maybe one of the biggest.

maintains he lost money in 15 currencies, a cell phone, and a notebook computer; all worth more than Bt100,000 baht

Lets see.

A few pounds.

A few euros.

A few US.

A few Thai bhat.

Some Lao Kip.

A little Korean Won.

A couple of Zimbabwean 500 million dollar bills (worth about $2 US each).

A few loose Dirham coins picked up while passing through Dubai.

A Canadian "twoonie" ($2 coin) that he mistook for a 10 baht coin.

I can just see poor Lek and Pim (not that I know any tall and a short Thai girls, with black hair and tanned skin :o ) racing from exchange booth to exchange booth trying to cash in these tiny amounts of currencies, cursing the farang for not having already had it all converted to baht.

Makes me wonder at times though. Never had a girl (or two, or 4) try to swipe anything from me, even after leaving them in my apartment for hours on end.

I have had them go out buy and prepare food, wash the dishes, sweep the floors and take out the garbage (and play solitaire on the computer).

Then again, I haven't tried hooking up with any from a dating website. Guess I'll just stick to meeting them in the usual way, face to face. Seems like it might be safer than the internet ! :D

Unless they continually clap their hands.

I'm not sure I even believe his story. Maybe they were ladyboys?

At the start of the article I assumed he was overseas then came to meet them. Why does someone who lives here go on internet sex sites?

Anyway I hope this makes the UK press so all his friends and family can see what a fine upstanding member of the community he is.

I've just tried, and can't name 15 currencies, let alone carry them :o

I just reread the article a little closer. He used to run a tour company, then retired to live in Pattaya.

I expect that the 15 currencies may be stuff that he collected during his previous career and had with him in his condo. I've got small amounts of currency from different places I've been as well (I guess 9 or 10 different types, but in piddling small amounts). I recall a couple of years ago, the shop I normally got my hair cut in was closed, so I went to a salon on the same block. The girl running the shop had a mirror plastered in different currencies from around the world. Probably had close to 30 different types taped to the mirror.

I guess this girl scooped what ever she could find, hoping some of it may have value. I would have been really suspicious if I was right in the middle of doing the dirty and suddenly she had to get up and go. Just to take her friend to the bus station ? BS radar on full alert.

If her friend really had to go that quickly, throw her a 100 baht and say good bye. I mean really, unless he was pumped on magic blue pills, her friend would have only had to wait for a few minutes more at any rate.

The other part that sticks out in my mind. This guy made a living at arranging tours to Thailand. Did he never read anything about the place ? Surely if he had done any kind of research, he would have come across stories/anecdotes/news articles/etc about the "seedier" side of life. No doubt a large number of his clients were single males. And he chose to live in Pattaya ?

This isn't some rube from the hinterlands that just got off the bus in the big city for the first time.

Sorry buddy, but you play with fire and you are going to get burned !

At the start of the article I assumed he was overseas then came to meet them. Why does someone who lives here go on internet sex sites?

Anyway I hope this makes the UK press so all his friends and family can see what a fine upstanding member of the community he is.

Roger Stephenson really ought to know better. To my knowledge he has been in the travel industry in Thailand since at least March 1992 when I first met him in his role as our hotel based tour company representative.

He has got what he deserved. Some folk never learn. If it takes something like this to be a wake up call then so be it.