Farang Population In Nakhon Sawan

madyakka

If thats the place with the small garden and pond outside and a large Steak House sign painted on the side of a building which is peeling off, then when I looked over Song Kran it looked vey closed to me. :o Pity, I was hoping you had discovered somewhere I had missed.

Chris

My wife thinks the place I am talking about is called the Ruen Thai Steak House. I have now noticed you mention your steak house is in Sawanvittee road so maybe it is not the one I am thinking about. I am not sure if I have been down Sawanvittee road. Anyone have a decent map of Nakhon Sawan city?

Chris

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Dave

I've lived in Nakhon Sawan for 12 years but I'm 100km from Big C. As you may recall, we've already met at Big C. Glad to see you're opening a book shop – I'll be sure to stop by.

Knowing Bill, as I do, I'm sure he'll keep you in business as he is an avid reader.

Wishing you my best for your new venture

Khonwan

Whereabouts in Mae Wong? What is your nearest town? We maybe quite close by when we are in Thailand.

Regards,

Chris

Hi Dave

I've lived in Nakhon Sawan for 12 years but I'm 100km from Big C. As you may recall, we've already met at Big C. Glad to see you're opening a book shop – I'll be sure to stop by.

Knowing Bill, as I do, I'm sure he'll keep you in business as he is an avid reader.

Wishing you my best for your new venture

Khonwan

Whereabouts in Mae Wong? What is your nearest town? We maybe quite close by when we are in Thailand.

Regards,

Chris

Hi Chris

Sorry, just spotted your post. Will PM you.

Rgds

Khonwan

Hey guys would also like to get to know foreigners who are living here in Nakhon Sawan have recently moved to this place from Nakhon sri thammarat where i was working.Anyone in here would be nice to meet you guys.

Cheers

Later this year hoping to visit Thailand and Nakon Sawan again. Any hotel suggestions for books who'd rather spend money on books than beds with business centres?

oops, meant bookworms, sorry about the typo

Hi rosmci,

as I have never stayed at a local hotel I can't compare quality,price etc.there is however a hotel 300 metres from the book house on the corner of Daowadung and Matuli rd, its called The Wissanu hotel "the sign is in Thai" which makes it difficult but it looks pleasant from the outside, as for price,Im guessing 5-600 Baht per night as the Pimarn hotel which is well known Ive heard is about 800 Baht,

regards

Madyakka:)

http://www.lelawadeehome.com/

Just come home my miniholiday in Nakhon Sawan. 450baht queen size bed in lelawadee. (still pay 300 b more for each dog I have with me).

But nice place, nothing spezial, just aircon room with beer in minibar. Yet best bed I ever slept in Thailand. Matulee 13 is the road by sign.

Big Steak restaurant is open and steak is ok.

If You have dog and You think about grooming, don't go shop near big-C. Today saw how they treat dog in shower. My wife almost went through glasswindow when she saw what was going on.

Bookshop I will check up in july, tuesday go back to europe.

There is name "sawan park" printed in map. Big Steak is like where the letter "k" is printed, just other side of the road.

There is nice place near sawan park entrance, called Amazon Garden. Food I did not try but leo was 50 baht :o Went there for kill some time while waiting our dogs grooming. And yes, if You saw farang walking with poodle and shitzu, it was me

Edited by hullupullo

Hi all

That's great, I hope the bookshop is a real success!

No doubt I'll be a customer!

I will be moving to the area in 2010 when I retire.

I'll be there for a months holiday each December- January.

Hope to see some of you then.

Cheers

John

Hi all

That's great, I hope the bookshop is a real success!

No doubt I'll be a customer!

I will be moving to the area in 2010 when I retire.

I'll be there for a months holiday each December- January.

Hope to see some of you then.

Cheers

John

Cheers John, pop in for a coffee if your in town over the xmas period,

regards

Madyakka :o

Hello Nakhon Sawan

I am coming down to NS next month.Probably around the 17th.I will be thyere only 3 days but I would like to meet any of you guys I can while I am there if possible.Maybe at the bookdstore or Big C or wherever.

Also,I am coming to look at property also,and I have a related question.I once saw an ad for a company which helps farangs get housing loand,but I cannot remember name of company.Also,I thought farangs could not borrow money in Thailand,so I was wondering about this.

Anyway I hope to see you next month

Paul

Just to let all you guys know the Book House is now open, we currently have a small selection of 2nd hand books, the new books will be arriving in a couple of weeks as the distributer is doing a stock take at the moment and if you are looking for a book in particular I will be happy to order it for you,

regards

Madyakka

Just to let all you guys know the Book House is now open, we currently have a small selection of 2nd hand books, the new books will be arriving in a couple of weeks as the distributer is doing a stock take at the moment and if you are looking for a book in particular I will be happy to order it for you,

regards

Madyakka

Sorry but I wont be able to make it this year as I have just heard the mating cry of the Kiwi bird.

It says there is money here if you want to work for it.

Well I am game for that.

I am off to Auckland on Wednesday for 3,y6 or 12 months and if it is 12 months I will be back in January for a while to rrenew my visa (and see the family too).

I will still be in contact on TV and through Khonwan.

Cheers all

Bill

Good luck Bill,

Auckland has been my home for close to 13 years before Thailand,what an awesome city,hope to see you when your back in Nakhon Sawan ,

regards

Madyakka :o

I didnt know that.

I have just sent you a pm.

Cheers

Bill

• 3 weeks later...
I have been coming to Nakhon Sawan for 8 years now and on my first trip here I spoke to a guy in town who said there were 6 farangs who lived here permantly.8 years on I now live here and see more and more farangs around town and big c etc.

Could anyone hazard a guess at how many of us live here?

regards

Madyakka :D

G'day to you all who live in Nakhon Sawan. I will eventually move here once I've stopped working. Wife and I are slipping up for a few months at the end of the year to start on the house. I've been coming to NS for the past 20 odd yrs. We're contemplating to build behind the Army Brks and not far from BigC (just across the bridge) I think it might be a good idea if the farangs got together and formed a club of sorts. Any more ideas or suggestions, it would be something to keep ones' mind occupied. I don't plan to work in thailand. There are a number of exchange male and female school teaches I have seen and spoken to very occasionlly, from the usa. A meeting place could be set up at the book shop if that's a start.

Hi huahin,I had thought of that Idea and I'm sure it has some potential as the shop will have free space on the 2nd floor,I dont mind setting up tables and chairs coffee facilities and a fridge full of beer but it would be on an honesty box system and would hopefully not be abused.I see many farangs meeting at Big C and

apart from the beer girls I cant see the attraction in meeting there,so If you guys are at all interested let me know,the more people that show interest the more of an effort I will put in to provide a comfortable meeting place with cheap beer,coffee etc for our fellow farang,

regards

Madyakka

:D

Sounds a good idea.

I know 1 Dutch guy who is here regularly, 1 American and I guy from the UK. There are quite a few Germans here too.

Maybe a good place to meet apart from those in BigC. Just make sure you have enough beer on hand..... those guys look like they drink a lot :o

Later this year hoping to visit Thailand and Nakon Sawan again. Any hotel suggestions for books who'd rather spend money on books than beds with business centres?

Mai Homme

450 Baht a night. Air con. Dble bed. Very clean too. Local for the park. Local also for clubs. maybe the best hotel in NS.

If you want the number I'll get it for you.

Alternatively for a longer stay of 1 month or more the Teuk Thai Hotel / Apartments is 4 - 5000 Baht month for a large room + small balcony with air con + elec + water. Keycard access, security guards and car parking. Also very central.

I have been in Auckland for about 10 days now and whilst it is a nice place I find it is COLD. Last night it was + 9deg. I want to come home where it is nice and warm and where KFC doesnt cost 250 baht for the cheapest menu.

Still with a bit of luck I should be home at Xmas or early January.

I will be opening a bookshop in Nakhonsawan with a modest selection of english books to begin with but will be expanding all the time so stop by for a coffee and a chat,the coffee will be free and dont feel obliged to buy anything.Its in Daowadung rd next to the new ECC building,across the rd and down from

Tsutaya video shop.

It should be open in 3 weeks hopefully so come in and say hello

Cheers

Dave :o

Hi Dave

I live south of Khampaeng Phet and go to big C once a month for bulk shopping.

I have about 200 books that I am reading for the second time so if you are interested in doing a swap that would be good.

Cheers

Bill

Hi everybody...I live South of KPPT too..near Tamakluah, Klong Klung..Although I am working away at the moment..I have been here for 4 years but before that lived in Issan for 8 years ..with a previous wife..The farangs seem different here..much less willing to strike up a friendly conversation ....but that could just be my opening inane comments!!

So if you see a farang in a black Vios stop and say hello!!!

Will definately try the bookshop at Xmas!!

I have been in Auckland for about 10 days now and whilst it is a nice place I find it is COLD. Last night it was + 9deg. I want to come home where it is nice and warm and where KFC doesnt cost 250 baht for the cheapest menu.

Hi Bill,

which area of Auckland are you in?Try Mad dogs and Englishman for a Sunday roast at $6, it sells out quick so be there before 6pm(Link drive, Glenfield).They also have a good selection of English beers on tap

and a lot of expats drink there including myself when I'm back,

best of luck,

regards

Madyakka

Hi Bill,

which area of Auckland are you in?Try Mad dogs and Englishman for a Sunday roast at $6, it sells out quick so be there before 6pm(Link drive, Glenfield).They also have a good selection of English beers on tap

and a lot of expats drink there including myself when I'm back,

best of luck,

regards

Madyakka

Hi Madyakka

I am staying in Mt Wellington which is south of Auckland just off the route1 and about 15 minutes from the office in Eden Terrace so I probably wont be getting over there much.

However I should be home for a couple of weeks over Xmas and new year depending on the flights.

Edited by billd766

Which immigration office You are using while staying in Nakhon Sawan? Which is nearest?

I have heard that there is one in Ayutthaya now but I have not been there personaly as yet,

regards

Madyakka

Hi everybody...I live South of KPPT too..near Tamakluah, Klong Klung..Although I am working away at the moment..I have been here for 4 years but before that lived in Issan for 8 years ..with a previous wife..The farangs seem different here..much less willing to strike up a friendly conversation ....but that could just be my opening inane comments!!

Hi Bullfrog

I’ve lived in Nakhon Sawan province for 12 years. I have also found the majority of farangs here in this province to be somewhat shy. It’s weird! I’m sure it is not the case, but I’ve often wondered if the chap I’ve just said “Hi” to is on Interpol’s list…such is their reaction.

Rgds

Khonwan

Hi Bullfrog

I've lived in Nakhon Sawan province for 12 years. I have also found the majority of farangs here in this province to be somewhat shy. It's weird! I'm sure it is not the case, but I've often wondered if the chap I've just said "Hi" to is on Interpol's list…such is their reaction.

Rgds

Khonwan

Well, if it wasn't for the free beer last time, I probably wouldn't have talked to you either. :o

Oh well, it's approximately 18 days till I'm back home to Nakhon Sawan.....will be my turn to have to cold ones ready to be consumed. Get the welcoming crew together for a meet-up; just not in town.

Hi Bullfrog

I've lived in Nakhon Sawan province for 12 years. I have also found the majority of farangs here in this province to be somewhat shy. It's weird! I'm sure it is not the case, but I've often wondered if the chap I've just said "Hi" to is on Interpol's list…such is their reaction.

Rgds

Khonwan

Well, if it wasn't for the free beer last time, I probably wouldn't have talked to you either. :D

Oh well, it's approximately 18 days till I'm back home to Nakhon Sawan.....will be my turn to have to cold ones ready to be consumed. Get the welcoming crew together for a meet-up; just not in town.

Hi Dave

Sorry mate, I wont be there as I am working in New Zealand but coming home for Xmas and New Year then back again for a while.

I am just watch in NZ news on tv and in the south island they have snowploughs out. Down in Christchurch the temperature dropped from 7 down to 1 degree in an hour.

I want to go home, its toooooooooooo coooooooooooold here. :D:o:D