BANGKOK 25 March 2019 02:51
Sign in to follow this  
madyakka

Farang Population In Nakhon Sawan

If thats the place with the small garden and pond outside and a large Steak House sign painted on the side of a building which is peeling off, then when I looked over Song Kran it looked vey closed to me. :o Pity, I was hoping you had discovered somewhere I had missed.

Chris

My wife thinks the place I am talking about is called the Ruen Thai Steak House. I have now noticed you mention your steak house is in Sawanvittee road so maybe it is not the one I am thinking about. I am not sure if I have been down Sawanvittee road. Anyone have a decent map of Nakhon Sawan city?

Chris

Hi Dave

I've lived in Nakhon Sawan for 12 years but I'm 100km from Big C. As you may recall, we've already met at Big C. Glad to see you're opening a book shop – I'll be sure to stop by.

Knowing Bill, as I do, I'm sure he'll keep you in business as he is an avid reader.

Wishing you my best for your new venture

Khonwan

Whereabouts in Mae Wong? What is your nearest town? We maybe quite close by when we are in Thailand.

Regards,

Chris

Hi Dave

I've lived in Nakhon Sawan for 12 years but I'm 100km from Big C. As you may recall, we've already met at Big C. Glad to see you're opening a book shop – I'll be sure to stop by.

Knowing Bill, as I do, I'm sure he'll keep you in business as he is an avid reader.

Wishing you my best for your new venture

Khonwan

Whereabouts in Mae Wong? What is your nearest town? We maybe quite close by when we are in Thailand.

Regards,

Chris

Hi Chris

Sorry, just spotted your post. Will PM you.

Rgds

Khonwan

Hey guys would also like to get to know foreigners who are living here in Nakhon Sawan have recently moved to this place from Nakhon sri thammarat where i was working.Anyone in here would be nice to meet you guys.

Cheers

Later this year hoping to visit Thailand and Nakon Sawan again. Any hotel suggestions for books who'd rather spend money on books than beds with business centres?

Later this year hoping to visit Thailand and Nakon Sawan again. Any hotel suggestions for books who'd rather spend money on books than beds with business centres?

oops, meant bookworms, sorry about the typo

Hi rosmci,

as I have never stayed at a local hotel I can't compare quality,price etc.there is however a hotel 300 metres from the book house on the corner of Daowadung and Matuli rd, its called The Wissanu hotel "the sign is in Thai" which makes it difficult but it looks pleasant from the outside, as for price,Im guessing 5-600 Baht per night as the Pimarn hotel which is well known Ive heard is about 800 Baht,

regards

Madyakka:)

http://www.lelawadeehome.com/

Just come home my miniholiday in Nakhon Sawan. 450baht queen size bed in lelawadee. (still pay 300 b more for each dog I have with me).

But nice place, nothing spezial, just aircon room with beer in minibar. Yet best bed I ever slept in Thailand. Matulee 13 is the road by sign.

Big Steak restaurant is open and steak is ok.

If You have dog and You think about grooming, don't go shop near big-C. Today saw how they treat dog in shower. My wife almost went through glasswindow when she saw what was going on.

Bookshop I will check up in july, tuesday go back to europe.

Big Steak restaurant is open and steak is ok.

Can someone mark on this map where the Big Steak house is please?

BTW there are hotels marked on this map as well.

post-35772-1212252330_thumb.png

There is name "sawan park" printed in map. Big Steak is like where the letter "k" is printed, just other side of the road.

There is nice place near sawan park entrance, called Amazon Garden. Food I did not try but leo was 50 baht :o Went there for kill some time while waiting our dogs grooming. And yes, if You saw farang walking with poodle and shitzu, it was me

Edited by hullupullo

Hi all

That's great, I hope the bookshop is a real success!

No doubt I'll be a customer!

I will be moving to the area in 2010 when I retire.

I'll be there for a months holiday each December- January.

Hope to see some of you then.

Cheers

John

Hi all

That's great, I hope the bookshop is a real success!

No doubt I'll be a customer!

I will be moving to the area in 2010 when I retire.

I'll be there for a months holiday each December- January.

Hope to see some of you then.

Cheers

John

Cheers John, pop in for a coffee if your in town over the xmas period,

regards

Madyakka :o

Hello Nakhon Sawan

I am coming down to NS next month.Probably around the 17th.I will be thyere only 3 days but I would like to meet any of you guys I can while I am there if possible.Maybe at the bookdstore or Big C or wherever.

Also,I am coming to look at property also,and I have a related question.I once saw an ad for a company which helps farangs get housing loand,but I cannot remember name of company.Also,I thought farangs could not borrow money in Thailand,so I was wondering about this.

Anyway I hope to see you next month

Paul

Just to let all you guys know the Book House is now open, we currently have a small selection of 2nd hand books, the new books will be arriving in a couple of weeks as the distributer is doing a stock take at the moment and if you are looking for a book in particular I will be happy to order it for you,

regards

Madyakka

Just to let all you guys know the Book House is now open, we currently have a small selection of 2nd hand books, the new books will be arriving in a couple of weeks as the distributer is doing a stock take at the moment and if you are looking for a book in particular I will be happy to order it for you,

regards

Madyakka

Sorry but I wont be able to make it this year as I have just heard the mating cry of the Kiwi bird.

It says there is money here if you want to work for it.

Well I am game for that.

I am off to Auckland on Wednesday for 3,y6 or 12 months and if it is 12 months I will be back in January for a while to rrenew my visa (and see the family too).

I will still be in contact on TV and through Khonwan.

Cheers all

Bill