Farang Population In Nakhon Sawan

madyakka

Hello Nakhon Sawan citizens,

My wife is from Nakhon Sawan, we will be returning with our newborn daughter sometime next year.

I was wondering how does one find property/land in Nakhon Sawan, is there an estate agent or website where property/land for sale is listed?

I've looked a little bit but not found anything so far.

Thanks

Regards

Arran.

I found the following website with some homes for sale and land. The land seems a little pricey to me.

http://www.nakhonsawanproperty.com/

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello Nakhon Sawan citizens,

My wife is from Nakhon Sawan, we will be returning with our newborn daughter sometime next year.

I was wondering how does one find property/land in Nakhon Sawan, is there an estate agent or website where property/land for sale is listed?

I've looked a little bit but not found anything so far.

Thanks

Regards

Arran.

I found the following website with some homes for sale and land. The land seems a little pricey to me.

http://www.nakhonsawanproperty.com/

My house is for sale. 3 Kms out of Nakhon sawan. 2 story house, 2 bedrooms, farang style kitchen inside, thai kitchen outside. carport etc.

If you want more info please PM me. I'm selling my house because my wife works somewhere else, and I'm changing jobs as well, leaving us with a brand new 2 month old house with no one to live in. Renting is also a possibility. I'm not trying to make a profit here, just the price we bought it for plus the extra money we invested in it.

edit: just had a look at the prices on the website, they are rip off prices but unfortunately reality around here.

Edited by frtiz

• 2 months later...

Calling city-farangs in Nakhon Sawan! :o

Hiya gang, I'm in Nakhon Sawan. I like the city itself really, the rural areas aren't my thing but neither is the inner city groove for living in.

I'm in a skanky apartment in the center of the city. Actually, it's not too bad in the apartment, but the surrounding area is like Kings Cross after 9 so really am going to be looking for decent apartments, hopefully with fast internet.

Anybody know more in this area? I'm getting the vibe that it's farang pensioners out in farmsville.

Calling city-farangs in Nakhon Sawan! :o

Hiya gang, I'm in Nakhon Sawan. I like the city itself really, the rural areas aren't my thing but neither is the inner city groove for living in.

I'm in a skanky apartment in the center of the city. Actually, it's not too bad in the apartment, but the surrounding area is like Kings Cross after 9 so really am going to be looking for decent apartments, hopefully with fast internet.

Anybody know more in this area? I'm getting the vibe that it's farang pensioners out in farmsville.

Well, I'm not a pensioner, but I do live out in farmland....wish I could be more help (even though as an American I don't understand that reference to King's Cross-is it dangerous or just nothing going on?) but I can tell you that all of the Central Provinces seem to be exactly like that. Early to bed and early to rise stuff.

Also, have you considered renting a house? Prices won't be that much more than a decent apartment, but you'll have to pound the pavement to find them.

I miss Nakon Sawan. I miss Cutters for watching the football on Saturday and Sunday nights with the misses. I miss the big place opposite the lake for a midweek early evening beer and meal. I miss the Baan Isaan for an occasional trip, it's the other side of town and I am lazy. I miss the irregular visit to the Pimarn. I believe the Terminus has now closed, pity. I misss the soi and the food and the people (well most of them). When I am back I must re-visit the "nightclubs" on the road by the hospitals. Perhaps I'll introduce myself to the regular daytime beer corner squad at Big C, best wishes lads. I don't really miss the chinese-ish place whose name escapes me (it's in Big C and pretty well everywhere else in Thailand ) but the family think it's wonderful so what do i know. I probably even miss the evening dinner "cruise" on the river. And there's still other places yet to try. And I miss my dogs. And I've had a few pints, and Everton lost at home to Man. Sitteh, how embarrassing. And I miss.... but I won't get maudlin. But it's NOT for much longer.

I am coming back home to my family near Klong Lan Pattana next month to retire (unless somebody makes me an offer).

I have just spent the last 10 months in NZ mostly Auckland but Taupo for a month.

Nice country but as winter is coming along it is too dam-n cold for me. :D

:o:D

I miss Nakon Sawan. I miss Cutters for watching the football on Saturday and Sunday nights with the misses. I miss the big place opposite the lake for a midweek early evening beer and meal. I miss the Baan Isaan for an occasional trip, it's the other side of town and I am lazy. I miss the irregular visit to the Pimarn. I believe the Terminus has now closed, pity. I misss the soi and the food and the people (well most of them). When I am back I must re-visit the "nightclubs" on the road by the hospitals. Perhaps I'll introduce myself to the regular daytime beer corner squad at Big C, best wishes lads. I don't really miss the chinese-ish place whose name escapes me (it's in Big C and pretty well everywhere else in Thailand ) but the family think it's wonderful so what do i know. I probably even miss the evening dinner "cruise" on the river. And there's still other places yet to try. And I miss my dogs. And I've had a few pints, and Everton lost at home to Man. Sitteh, how embarrassing. And I miss.... but I won't get maudlin. But it's NOT for much longer.
I am coming back home to my family near Klong Lan Pattana next month to retire (unless somebody makes me an offer).

I have just spent the last 10 months in NZ mostly Auckland but Taupo for a month.

:):D

Nice posts :D

Personally, though Nakhonsawan is a small place, I do like it myself. Miss it when I am away. Miss the friendly people too.

Nice posts :D

Personally, though Nakhonsawan is a small place, I do like it myself. Miss it when I am away. Miss the friendly people too.

Too big for me to live in and too many people.

This month I will become a retired county squire gazing out over my (wifes) land from the verandah of my (her) house and laughing quietly to myself about all the poor buggers having to work for a living. I don't need to do that any more.

Stress factor 0.

I have done my 50 years working. It is somebody elses turn.

I now have 10 rai to turn into a garden/market garden and no timeline to do it by.

:D :D :D :D

Edited by billd766

Welcome back Bill. I was in NS recently and visited Khonwan's home. It is beautiful and I also plan to do what you and he are doing but on a very small scale as my g/f only has 4 rai of land. There is already a house on property but it is not in such good shape and when it is affordable for me I will build new house there.

I have been coming to Nakhon Sawan for 8 years now and on my first trip here I spoke to a guy in town who said there were 6 farangs who lived here permantly.8 years on I now live here and see more and more farangs around town and big c etc.

Could anyone hazard a guess at how many of us live here?

regards

Madyakka :)

I lived there for a short time and knew that it was doomed. A week after I arrived I learned the the local McDonalds had shut down. I got excited and everything as I saw the advertisements in the local newspaper and cable guide...about tore my heart out. I was told that it did not have enough business....where else in the freakin' world could a McDonalds fail except for Thailand?

As Mae West once said

Why don't you come up and see me sometime

Steve Harley and Cockney Rebel did it one better with :- :D

Come up and see me, make me smile :D

Now that is a great song :)

Kan Win :D

P.S. Weclome Home to the Land of Smiles :D

I'll have some farming that needs to be done; but since you're a foreigner I'll have to offer the same I would to a Burmese :D!

And good luck with your retirement; I'll be watching to see how long it lasts. I should be home mid-June, I suppose a meet up with all the guys is in order. Pick a venue and we'll make it happen.

I lived there for a short time and knew that it was doomed. A week after I arrived I learned the the local McDonalds had shut down. I got excited and everything as I saw the advertisements in the local newspaper and cable guide...about tore my heart out. I was told that it did not have enough business....where else in the freakin' world could a McDonalds fail except for Thailand?

Don't laugh, but that's a huge problem for me. Sometimes I just need to gorge myself on junk food and having to travel all the way down past Suphanburi is NO fun. I even tried looking up in Kamphaeng Phet, but they're even further behind the times than Nakhon Sawan.

As Mae West once said

Why don't you come up and see me sometime

Steve Harley and Cockney Rebel did it one better with :- :D

Come up and see me, make me smile :D

Now that is a great song :)

Kan Win :D

P.S. Weclome Home to the Land of Smiles :D

Soon, veeery soon

PS you are welcome also

Don't laugh, but that's a huge problem for me. Sometimes I just need to gorge myself on junk food and having to travel all the way down past Suphanburi is NO fun. I even tried looking up in Kamphaeng Phet, but they're even further behind the times than Nakhon Sawan.

My wife even cut-out the cupons...I think she was more hurt for me than I was...an empty abandoned McDonalds...Oh, the humanity!

Sometimes I just need to gorge myself on junk food and having to travel all the way down past Suphanburi is NO fun.

This will do it, http://www.chestersgrill.co.th/ , in Fairy Plaza

Not the same as McDee's. There's something about being served a lukewarm, consistently shaped, pressed beef(?) patty that can always meet your expectations as far as what is going to be served. Plus I can get chicken sandwhiches at KFC.

• 3 months later...
Just to let all you guys know the Book House is now open, we currently have a small selection of 2nd hand books, the new books will be arriving in a couple of weeks as the distributer is doing a stock take at the moment and if you are looking for a book in particular I will be happy to order it for you,

regards

Madyakka

Hi there please can you tell me where your Bookshop is in regards to Sawan Park? My Lady lives opposite the park near the Castrol GTX sign. Though I always stay in Pimarn 2, it is cheaper and quieter. I live in Leeds in the uk and my lass is now pregnant and I just wonder if you have any advice on a hospital for the birth? Sorry but thats 3 questions in one.

Just to let all you guys know the Book House is now open, we currently have a small selection of 2nd hand books, the new books will be arriving in a couple of weeks as the distributer is doing a stock take at the moment and if you are looking for a book in particular I will be happy to order it for you,

regards

Madyakka

Hi there please can you tell me where your Bookshop is in regards to Sawan Park? My Lady lives opposite the park near the Castrol GTX sign. Though I always stay in Pimarn 2, it is cheaper and quieter. I live in Leeds in the uk and my lass is now pregnant and I just wonder if you have any advice on a hospital for the birth? Sorry but thats 3 questions in one.

From the Castrol GTX sign .....

Travel down the road with the park on your right hand side until you come to the fork in the road near the hospital. Keep left.

At the T junction 100 metres on, turn left.

Past the Teuk Thai apartments on your left there is a left turn (ignore it) and keep on the main road.

250 metres on the right is the bookshop. Small so keep your eyes peeled :)

If you reach the traffic lights you have gone past the bookshop.

Several ex g/f's have had their babies in NS, so I'll ask a couple of them 2morrow where they had theirs :D

[ Hi there please can you tell me where your Bookshop is in regards to Sawan Park? My Lady lives opposite the park near the Castrol GTX sign. Though I always stay in Pimarn 2, it is cheaper and quieter. I live in Leeds in the uk and my lass is now pregnant and I just wonder if you have any advice on a hospital for the birth? Sorry but thats 3 questions in one.

Seems Srisawan Hospital (Bottom end of Sawan Park) is OK but not the best and Thai people deem it too expensive for what it is.

2 recommendations for a small hospital :-

Ruamphat Hospital

Sawanvitee, Pak Nam Pho, Nakhon Sawan

Thailand

Heading from BigC to Tesco Lotus along Sawanvitee, this small hospital on the left hand side is easy to miss if you are not careful. There is a small sign and a narrow street to turn into.

On this map:-

B is Ruamphat Hospital

G is Srisawan Hospital

The green arrow is BigC

post-63280-1251102802_thumb.jpg

Edited by G54

My son was born 5 years ago this month at the army run hospital literally just after the traffic lights where you turn left to go to Makro.

It is OK there and not too expensive though I cannot remember the prices now and the staff were very friendly and helpful.

Just don't eat the food there as like most hospital food is is made to a price rather than to order.

However Big C food court is not far away with KFC and the Pizza company plus McDonalds and Pizza Hut also available.

For some reason my son was not into farang food at that time and he doesn't get much of a chance now either. :)

My son was born 5 years ago this month at the army run hospital literally just after the traffic lights where you turn left to go to Makro.

It is OK there and not too expensive though I cannot remember the prices now and the staff were very friendly and helpful.

Just don't eat the food there as like most hospital food is is made to a price rather than to order.

However Big C food court is not far away with KFC and the Pizza company plus McDonalds and Pizza Hut also available.

For some reason my son was not into farang food at that time and he doesn't get much of a chance now either. :D

Has it been that long since you've been to Nakhon Sawan? No more McDonalds!

BTW, how are you liking retirement?

Also on a side note; my daughter was born at Sri Sawan; I didn't have any complaints about the service and the price was ok for me. I also took a tumble off a motorcycle and somehow caught the brake pedal on my ribs (I'm talented); felt like I cracked something. A chest x-ray, some care for road rash, and medicine was some 30 USD through the emergency room. I probably got ripped off....:)

For some reason my son was not into farang food at that time and he doesn't get much of a chance now either. :D

Also on a side note; my daughter was born at Sri Sawan; I didn't have any complaints about the service and the price was ok for me. I also took a tumble off a motorcycle and somehow caught the brake pedal on my ribs (I'm talented); felt like I cracked something. A chest x-ray, some care for road rash, and medicine was some 30 USD through the emergency room. I probably got ripped off.... :)

The g/f was in Sri recently. 1000 for the room for 1 night ( 1 person room ) the meds were expensive and the total bill was almost 6k and that was for an infection she did not have according to a Doctor at Chula University in BKK who the family tend to go see.

There are plenty of hospitals about but the general consensus amongst the thai people seems to be that the doctors are not that good and many prefer to go to BKK - not that that helps in an emergency.

The g/f was in Sri recently. 1000 for the room for 1 night ( 1 person room ) the meds were expensive and the total bill was almost 6k and that was for an infection she did not have according to a Doctor at Chula University in BKK who the family tend to go see.

There are plenty of hospitals about but the general consensus amongst the thai people seems to be that the doctors are not that good and many prefer to go to BKK - not that that helps in an emergency.

I must be married to dumb country bumpkin (and have them as neighbours) because they all would want to go to that hospital. Way ahead of Uthai Thani.

I guess coming from where I do, that 1000 THB for a private room seems like a good deal. I'm not sure how much we paid for the wife's private room when she was there for the delivery, but as I stated earlier I have not witnessed any time when there was an appearance of impropriety on the billing nor have I been dissatisified with treatment.

However something as important as health care is a very serious decision and I will not belabour the point that I recommend Sri Sawan based on my experiences there. Others may have had different experiences and may not recommend it; I'll leave it to any person who wants to go there to consider the merits of our recommendations.

I must be married to dumb country bumpkin (and have them as neighbours) because they all would want to go to that hospital. Way ahead of Uthai Thani.

I guess coming from where I do, that 1000 THB for a private room seems like a good deal. I'm not sure how much we paid for the wife's private room when she was there for the delivery, but as I stated earlier I have not witnessed any time when there was an appearance of impropriety on the billing nor have I been dissatisified with treatment.

However something as important as health care is a very serious decision and I will not belabour the point that I recommend Sri Sawan based on my experiences there. Others may have had different experiences and may not recommend it; I'll leave it to any person who wants to go there to consider the merits of our recommendations.

Agreed that to us 1,000 Baht is not a lot for a private room but to a Thai it can be a lot of money especially for several days stay.

I hear that the other hospitals are cheaper for rooms and for meds too and for a Thai family that can make a big difference.

The bill itself was not altered or bumped up at all in this case but the meds were expensive and not needed.

And, as you say, everyone's experience is different and for people to make their own judgement. I'll agree with that entirely. Different people will have favourite hospitals and doctors too as your family an neighbours do, that does not demean them in any way.

This time I have learned to make sure to get a medical insurance policy out for the g/f. 3,300 Baht for a full years cover. Amazingly cheap in my opinion. Her son has the same policy and they needed it recently when he was hospitalised for a week. He had the benefit of a private room and his mother and g/parents were able to sleep over and be with him in private whenever they wished.

The Nakhonsawan hospital on the list is Sri too :)

Also on a side note; my daughter was born at Sri Sawan; I didn't have any complaints about the service and the price was ok for me. I also took a tumble off a motorcycle and somehow caught the brake pedal on my ribs (I'm talented); felt like I cracked something. A chest x-ray, some care for road rash, and medicine was some 30 USD through the emergency room. I probably got ripped off....:)

Hi Dave

Retirement is not all it is cracked up to be.

I certainly didn't work this hard when I was paid to work but I have been clearing scrub and undergrowth on about 10 rai which hasn't been touched for nearly 2 years and it is hard work at my age.

As a reward for my hard work over the years for my family my wife said I could have a choice of a mia noi or a motorbike. As her choice of a mia noi for me was a 53 year old fat former katoey I now have a second hand Honda Phantom 4 years old and 5,500 km on the clock when I bought it.

Yeah right.

I am the 4th owner (all farangs) and though it vibrates a bit :D it is fun to ride. :D:D

Cheers

Hi Dave

I certainly didn't work this hard when I was paid to work but I have been clearing scrub and undergrowth on about 10 rai which hasn't been touched for nearly 2 years and it is hard work at my age.

As a reward for my hard work over the years for my family my wife said I could have a choice of a mia noi or a motorbike. As her choice of a mia noi for me was a 53 year old fat former katoey I now have a second hand Honda Phantom 4 years old and 5,500 km on the clock when I bought it.

Yeah right.

I am the 4th owner (all farangs) and though it vibrates a bit :D it is fun to ride. :D:)

Cheers

What, no sitting on the front porch in your rocking chair yelling at the young whippersnappers to stay off the lawn?

Well, depending on the looks of the mia noi and how clapped out the Phantom was it may be a hard choice..:D I am wondering though, you stated former katoey; does that mean that that person had their nome taken off and reverted back to being a dude or what? Inquiring minds want to know.

• 3 months later...

Was at Big C yesterday, have lived outside of Lat Yao for 4 years and had never seen, as many falangs as yesterday, I stopped counting at 15, must have seen about 20.

I do not drink beer, mostly Tequila and whiskey on special occassions mostly at home, As I am Mexican, I look like a 6"2' 260 lb Thai

Must have been the beer day get together.

Cheers :

Edited by kikoman

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah right.

I am the 4th owner (all farangs) and though it vibrates a bit :D it is fun to ride. :D:)

Cheers

Well, K. billd, there's no reason to bust your butt clearing that 10 rai when it seems like Central Thailand is over run with illegal Burmese these days willing to work for scraps. I'm in northern Suphanburi and the wife has 5 rai of 'jungle' that needed clearing so I hired a Makro (like a big Bobcat / Skidsteer) for 1K Baht per hour and a crew of 4 hands (the Burmese) to clear the rest and burn the piles. Got them digging the post holes for the perimiter wall under construction now.

Good luck with that Phantom - sounds like the better choice! :D