BANGKOK 21 April 2019 09:09
Sign in to follow this  
madyakka

Farang Population In Nakhon Sawan

I just discovered this site, I have been living in the Nakohn Sawan area for about two years now, Ban Phot Pisai, to be exact. I have just browsed the thread and am wondering if anything has been set up for a farang gathering in N.S. I would like to get to know a few english speaking people in this area, also9 would be interested in some golf.

Where to go and What to do

Eating, drinking and dancing on an evening.

Not a definitive guide.

I will state here and now that the opinions given here are personal opinions of myself and friends who frequent these places regularly. They are meant as a guide for those who might wish to visit and not to be taken as fact.

Moon Beautiful - Restaurant near Sawan Park.

English / Thai music with 2 bands playing. Not too loud & in your face. Food good. Open until 4 a.m. Usually piped music after 1 a.m. Big screen + 2 smaller tv's for sports etc. Has 1 air con room with large screen tv. Staff has large turnover but service is usually good. Sometimes food not quite what ordered. Beer reasonable prices. Same for mixers.

Brod Aird - Near Sawan Park

Seating at tables with an inside balcony upstairs. 2 bands playing. Music mainly Thai with the odd English song. Rock / Heavy / Medium. Loud!! Food Good. Beer / mixer prices fair. Some staff talk English. Efficient and friendly service. Thais more Farang friendly here too. Tables usually have enough free before 10 p.m. Can book tables for up to 8 / 10 people if you can speak Thai. (They usually remove reservation at 10 p.m. or so). Has 1 large screen visible from balcony or right side (as you enter). Good age range here. Very busy after 10-15 p.m. or so.

Clubhouse - Near Sawan Park

A nightclub. More a place for the younger ones say under 35. 1 band (sometimes 2) playing. Thai music. Loud!! Staff not so efficient. Entry fee 100 Baht. Use ticket for 1st drinks. Usually empty mid-week. Weekend can be very busy. Prices good. Food OK but not the best by far in our experience.

Pimarn Hotel :-

Collection Pub

A quieter place. Usually 2 bands play. Often 1/3 Farang Music. Somewhere comfortable for the older minded people. Music medium volume. Now Expensive compared to other places. Friendly staff. Menu in English / Thai. Some staff speak Thai. Clean and tidy. Large screen tv + smaller tv. Very good service. Can book table.

D&D

For younger people. More a nightclub. Good Thai music. Staff friendly. Expensive. Need I.D. (No I.D. = no entry). The only place so far that I have experienced any violence (that was Thai on Thai).

Ban Konwan

Generally under 35's. Good live music. Very busy - especially after 10 p.m. Often no tables available after 10-30 'ish. Service good to indifferent. (indifferent for Farang when busy in our experience). Expensive. Food often warm, not hot. Staff friendly. Thai people here also seem friendly to Farang.

Ban Suan Hotel

Food reasonable. Staff often slow. Few speak English. Prices OK. Music more Thai Folk / Country. has 2 tv's. Not a place to spend a full evening. Has 1 large air con room with large screen tv.

Bandisan - Near Soi Taitong

A Fish based restaurant. No music. A few staff speak English. Very popular with Thai people.

Mai Son (Coffee Shop) - Near Bansuan Hotel (on the corner opp new 7/11)

Small. Very cheap. Not so tidy. But friendly. Has 4 piece playing country / folk type Thai music. Not loud. Mainly Thais. We find a good place to start before moving on. Little English spoken.

Paradise Club - Near Sawan Park

Not an obvious place. Plenty of Ladies singing - often in short skirts etc. (you get the drift). Ladies will come sit at the table for a small renumeration. Very quiet midweek. have rarely been on a weekend so do not feel I can comment. Staff very friendly & efficient. Food good. Prices OK..

There are plenty of other restaurants on the river. One travels up and down the river while you eat.

Numerous other places to eat and drink that I am not familiar with or have visited once or twice so do not feel I can make a personal comment on.

I have omitted the several other places where you can drink, listen to ladies singing and have ladies entertain you. One where they dance on the tables. Another where 'further down the hall' you can go and book a lady for a short time.

Madyakka needs an update :o

Edited by intumult

I just discovered this site, I have been living in the Nakohn Sawan area for about two years now, Ban Phot Pisai, to be exact. I have just browsed the thread and am wondering if anything has been set up for a farang gathering in N.S. I would like to get to know a few english speaking people in this area, also9 would be interested in some golf.

Last week of November I'll be there. Won't go golfing though; don't have clubs and don't care for the sport. However, I'm up to meeting a few fellows that live in the same area.

Last week of November I'll be there. Won't go golfing though; don't have clubs and don't care for the sport. However, I'm up to meeting a few fellows that live in the same area.

Let me know when you get here and how to get in touch, maybe we can put something together.

Let me know when you get here and how to get in touch, maybe we can put something together.

I am over in New Zealand but back end of December and early January. I live 125km from NS near Klong Lan

Most of the farang I know here tend to drink at Yellow bar which is on Daowadung rd about 4-500m from fairyland heading towards my shop on the left hand side,accross the road from the shop with large motorcycles outside.There is normaly farang there on a daily basis in the evening.The food is very good as is the live music.Also every day there will be farang at "Kup Kups" which is just a little hole in the wall place but is something of an institution in the teaching circle here.Its in a small soi directly opposite vittitaep,not the entrance that is close to fairyland but the otherside.Teachers have been drinking there for over 20 years.

regards

Madyakka

Most of the farang I know here tend to drink at Yellow bar which is on Daowadung rd about 4-500m from fairyland heading towards my shop on the left hand side,accross the road from the shop with large motorcycles outside.There is normaly farang there on a daily basis in the evening.The food is very good as is the live music.Also every day there will be farang at "Kup Kups" which is just a little hole in the wall place but is something of an institution in the teaching circle here.Its in a small soi directly opposite vittitaep,not the entrance that is close to fairyland but the otherside.Teachers have been drinking there for over 20 years.

regards

Madyakka

Been visiting NS for the last 18 years. If you want to meet native English speakers to share a beer or three with Kup Kups wins hands down every time. :o

Madyakka... came to Nakhon Sawan yesterday to visit the bookshop. As i have said before i don't know it that well yet. Spent hours walking around but just could not find your place. Managed to open the google earth map [eventually] but to be honest it could be a plate of spaghetti... where for example is Big C? which is the only place i know!

any chance you can post or email me directions from big c? i asked a few taxi drivers for the ECC building but i might as well have been talking chinese.... HELP! i need books!

Madyakka... came to Nakhon Sawan yesterday to visit the bookshop. As i have said before i don't know it that well yet. Spent hours walking around but just could not find your place. Managed to open the google earth map [eventually] but to be honest it could be a plate of spaghetti... where for example is Big C? which is the only place i know!

any chance you can post or email me directions from big c? i asked a few taxi drivers for the ECC building but i might as well have been talking chinese.... HELP! i need books!

Hi John,

It can be a bit of a headache finding your way around town in the begining, not to mention trying to find a paticular place or shop.

When you want to come to the shop give me a call and I can either give you directions or pick you up if you're not too far away,

look forward to your visit,

regards

Dave 083212 7123

Which immigration office You are using while staying in Nakhon Sawan? Which is nearest?

Was just wondering when somebody will respond to this question... :D:o

I am on a retirement visa and presumed the only choice for 90 day reporting was Maesot?? :D

Which immigration office You are using while staying in Nakhon Sawan? Which is nearest?

I am on a retirement visa and presumed the only choice for 90 day reporting was Maesot?? :D

There is one in Ayutaya although I haven't been there personaly,

regards

Madyakka

There is one in Ayutaya although I haven't been there personally,

regards

Madyakka

I live in Klong Lan Pattana about 125km southwest of Khampaeng Phet and I have always gone to Suan Phlu in Bangkok.

Opening bank account in Nakhon Sawan

In November I wish to open a savings account in NS (with ATM card & Internet access) in preparation for retirement at a latter date.

I will be on a 60 day tourist visa with letters of introduction from my Australian bank & government employer. Obviously I will not have a residence certificate, work permit etc. I would prefer a branch in the Pak Nam Pho Kosi Rd/Sawanwithi area.

My research suggests doing so can be abit hit and miss. Any advice as to which bank to try and how to do so would be much appreciated. I have heard Kasikorn or Siam Commercial may be easier than say Bangkok Bank? Are banks in NS bureaucratic or not?

Opening bank account in Nakhon Sawan

In November I wish to open a savings account in NS (with ATM card & Internet access) in preparation for retirement at a latter date.

I will be on a 60 day tourist visa with letters of introduction from my Australian bank & government employer. Obviously I will not have a residence certificate, work permit etc. I would prefer a branch in the Pak Nam Pho Kosi Rd/Sawanwithi area.

My research suggests doing so can be abit hit and miss. Any advice as to which bank to try and how to do so would be much appreciated. I have heard Kasikorn or Siam Commercial may be easier than say Bangkok Bank? Are banks in NS bureaucratic or not?

I personally use Kasikorn. Having said that, I opened my account down in Samut Prakarn. However, last time I was home, I visited the branch near Big C in Nakhon Sawan and even though my account wasn't opened with them, and I didn't even have my bank book with me they went out of their way (like the bank manager making all the calls!) to help me increase the daily limit on withdrawls using my debit card.