Farang Population In Nakhon Sawan

madyakka

Retirement is not all it is cracked up to be.

I certainly didn't work this hard when I was paid to work but I have been clearing scrub and undergrowth on about 10 rai which hasn't been touched for nearly 2 years and it is hard work at my age.

As a reward for my hard work over the years for my family my wife said I could have a choice of a mia noi or a motorbike. As her choice of a mia noi for me was a 53 year old fat former katoey I now have a second hand Honda Phantom 4 years old and 5,500 km on the clock when I bought it.

Yeah right.

I am the 4th owner (all farangs) and though it vibrates a bit :D it is fun to ride. :D:)

Cheers

Well, K. billd, there's no reason to bust your butt clearing that 10 rai when it seems like Central Thailand is over run with illegal Burmese these days willing to work for scraps. I'm in northern Suphanburi and the wife has 5 rai of 'jungle' that needed clearing so I hired a Makro (like a big Bobcat / Skidsteer) for 1K Baht per hour and a crew of 4 hands (the Burmese) to clear the rest and burn the piles. Got them digging the post holes for the perimiter wall under construction now.

Good luck with that Phantom - sounds like the better choice! :D

It has all been done now, a lot with my own fair hands and now I can get a couple of guys in for 2 days a month to keep it all down.

I t was hard work but now I can spend more time relaxing and building up some money for my next project after the cassava is cleared from the top land.

I am probably going to plant bamboo for shoots and poles but that will need irrigation and the klong is 350 metres away across my neighbours land, under the road through an existing drainpipe and across someone elses land.

That will get me water to my fishpond and storage pond. I then have to go another 250 metres up the land to some concrete ring storage tanks that I have not yet built and then natural flow back down the land for irrigation of the bamboo.

It will probably set me back about 60k baht but it is a one off investment and then hopefully I will have as much water as I need on tap as it were.

However I will need a few workers to trench and lay the pipes and cover it back up afterwards.

The Phantom is good but I feel the desire for something bigger now, like a Honda Steed

Edited by billd766

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FC Nakhon Sawan, anyone been in stadium this year? Is it worth to go? Next saturday 17.00 vs FC Tak

I walk my dog up the 'hill' next to the stadium when there's no football on. The gym's OK tho'.

Billd sounds as though you're doing well. Want to do similar soon.

Mainly live in Muang NS but have a village house in Mae Pern where I want to do 'rural things'.

Cheers

• 4 weeks later...
FC Nakhon Sawan, anyone been in stadium this year? Is it worth to go? Next saturday 17.00 vs FC Tak

I walk my dog up the 'hill' next to the stadium when there's no football on. The gym's OK tho'.

Mainly live in Muang NS but have a village house in Mae Pern where I want to do 'rural things'.

Cheers

Twas a grand plan but it has not survived this summer.

My fish pond takes almost 475 cu/m when it is full.

These was taken a few days ago.

post-5614-1273044136_thumb.jpg

post-5614-1273044225_thumb.jpg

post-5614-1273044330_thumb.jpg

I have never seen it so dry apart from the time it was dug out and as for the klong across the road it is virtually dried out. The only way I can keep water in the pond is by trucking it on the back of my pickup at 1,200 litres a trip and each trip costs about 20 baht in diesel.

I figure that I need to dump about 10 x 1,200 litres a day and I will loose about 3 cu/m a day in evaporation and leakage.

That will cost me about 250 baht in diesel and gasoline for the pump per day and will take about 2 months and cost me about 15,000 baht.

We have a friend in the Tessaban who got the fire truck to put 15,000 litres of water into the ongs out the back for normal consumption.

It is klong water and not the cleanest but as we have had no government water for about 6 weeks now, needs must when the devil drives as my Mum used to say.

This years new plan is to get a 6.6 x 4.5 x 3.5 hole dug and turn it into an underground water storage tank.

I have never seen it so dry apart from the time it was dug out and as for the klong across the road it is virtually dried out. The only way I can keep water in the pond is by trucking it on the back of my pickup at 1,200 litres a trip and each trip costs about 20 baht in diesel.

I figure that I need to dump about 10 x 1,200 litres a day and I will loose about 3 cu/m a day in evaporation and leakage.

That will cost me about 250 baht in diesel and gasoline for the pump per day and will take about 2 months and cost me about 15,000 baht.

We have a friend in the Tessaban who got the fire truck to put 15,000 litres of water into the ongs out the back for normal consumption.

It is klong water and not the cleanest but as we have had no government water for about 6 weeks now, needs must when the devil drives as my Mum used to say.

This years new plan is to get a 6.6 x 4.5 x 3.5 hole dug and turn it into an underground water storage tank.

Tough luck old chap; perhaps you could do like our friend up in the mountains and get a really big cistern going?

BTW, I'll be up for a ride or two the first week and a half or so of June.

Tough luck old chap; perhaps you could do like our friend up in the mountains and get a really big cistern going?

BTW, I'll be up for a ride or two the first week and a half or so of June.

Our friend up in the mountains is running a bit low on water as well.

We need some heavy rain soon.

Thats plan B.

It is nearly 2pm and the thermometer near the kitchen is reading 42.

It may read a bit high but I wondering how to get my bike air conditioned as it is very hot on the road at this time of year.

Edited by billd766

Was at Big C yesterday, have lived outside of Lat Yao for 4 years and had never seen, as many falangs as yesterday, I stopped counting at 15, must have seen about 20.

I do not drink beer, mostly Tequila and whiskey on special occassions mostly at home, As I am Mexican, I look like a 6"2' 260 lb Thai

Must have been the beer day get together.

Cheers :

My Mother in law, She came from Tung Mae nam Noi, Lad Yao :)

Cheers

It seems really hot over there. :)

Our friend up in the mountains is running a bit low on water as well.

We need some heavy rain soon.

Thats plan B.

It is nearly 2pm and the thermometer near the kitchen is reading 42.

It may read a bit high but I wondering how to get my bike air conditioned as it is very hot on the road at this time of year.

Wifey hasn't mentioned anything about our supply running low; but than again I've never seen it too depleted.

That temperature isn't too bad; get going along and you'll be just right....

It seems really hot over there. :)

Still not as hot as sunny Baghdad...there's something very wrong in that I plan to come to Thailand during the hottest months to 'cool off'!

• 3 months later...