You Ain't Seen Nothin Yet.

spellboundXY

greetings hello :o

taken at Muang Thong Thani "ghost buildings" during a photo shoot. it was a normal ordinary portrait photoshot. everything was done in a respectable manner.

the topic title is just my imaginary photo story of her thoughts and has really nothing to do with her real thoughts coz i didn't ask her and she didn't tell me. The topic title does not represent her real thoughts.

though the setting is real.

she's one of the two models and while she's resting some photographers were swarming the other lady model taking photos with pleasure. while she was watching them.

maybe she thought, "wait 'till it's my turn. you ain't seen nothin yet."

:D

just a figment of my imagination. but the setting is real.

Actually,

i guess she was just a bit tired. i think she was practicing some emotions she might have wanted to portray during the shoot.

she was posing for me.

In reality both models were very happy during and after the shoot.

thanks.

peace.

post-42285-1211202470_thumb.jpg

Edited by spellboundXY

Yes very good - might be better if you throw the background out of focus a bit more - attached is quick and rough but an idea. I just tidied up the stomach area as well.

I like the angle, the tonal range, the pose and the colouring is good.

Well done

p.s. maybe you could submit as something a little smaller - suggest 800x600 pixels - sRGB profile (better for web viewing) and 72dpi

Yes very good - might be better if you throw the background out of focus a bit more - attached is quick and rough but an idea. I just tidied up the stomach area as well.

I like the angle, the tonal range, the pose and the colouring is good.

Well done

p.s. maybe you could submit as something a little smaller - suggest 800x600 pixels - sRGB profile (better for web viewing) and 72dpi

greetings hello The Vulcan,

thanks for the ideas.

i will study it.

:o

yeah the background out of focus is a great technique.

thanks.

:D

• 2 weeks later...
Yes very good - might be better if you throw the background out of focus a bit more - attached is quick and rough but an idea.

How did you do that, Vulcan? I mean, how did you unfocus just the background like that? And what program did you use? Thanks.

Yes very good - might be better if you throw the background out of focus a bit more - attached is quick and rough but an idea.

How did you do that, Vulcan? I mean, how did you unfocus just the background like that? And what program did you use? Thanks.

I use Adobe Photoshop CS2/3.

Use the "magic wand" or "magnetic lasso" tool to select and mask the girl.

Go into "quick mask" and fine tune the selection with the paint brush tool

Stay in quick mask and invert the image - out of quick mask - then use "blur" - "lens blur" to send the background out of focus.

Hope you understand

I don't like the diagonal approach.

Am I too conventional?

Sorry, wrong comment. It is 7pm here and I have been working since morning, so my mind goes out of focus! :o

Edited by ajarnmark

I use Adobe Photoshop CS2/3.

Use the "magic wand" or "magnetic lasso" tool to select and mask the girl.

Go into "quick mask" and fine tune the selection with the paint brush tool

Stay in quick mask and invert the image - out of quick mask - then use "blur" - "lens blur" to send the background out of focus.

Hope you understand

I understand. Brilliant. You saved me from having to buy an expensive SLR camera and lens, as I think I will be able to make such masterpieces with my little cheapo camera. Thanks!

I don't like the diagonal approach.

Am I too conventional?

Maybe, maybe not. It works best when there's something else in the frame to counter-balance the image (Singha bottle)

Ah yes.

The bottle provides a counterpoise,

and an explanation for model and photographer. :o