Rude Farang Waitress/owner

JonnyF

Johnny F if you want to seat in a larger table you can rent the restaurant for the night & sit yourself down with your feet on the table ,sippin Bolly with a nice cigar looking at the beautiful sunset.

For a first post, that is kind of bizzarre....????? Maybe your future posts will be helpful in some way or another?

Overall the restaurant business is really tough, can't please everybody all the time, so lets get off Maggie's back (the "rude" falang waitress) as she and Mario are doing something right considering how long they have been open. Tons of restaurants here in Phuket are only open a few months and have to quit.

Ok I'll try to be helpful : If you go to a restaurant at 8 o clock or at any time that is consider dinner time & you are alone or together with another human being you are suppose to sit in a single table.I'm sure that if you go there at 10 pm & tables are empty,you can sit at a bigger one without bother the owner.the guy was not even a regoular customer,he was there for the first(& the last?)time so I think that if he wanted more space he should have take 2 pizzas take away , lay down on the beach in front & eat'em all.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Johnny F if you want to seat in a larger table you can rent the restaurant for the night & sit yourself down with your feet on the table ,sippin Bolly with a nice cigar looking at the beautiful sunset.

For a first post, that is kind of bizzarre....????? Maybe your future posts will be helpful in some way or another?

Overall the restaurant business is really tough, can't please everybody all the time, so lets get off Maggie's back (the "rude" falang waitress) as she and Mario are doing something right considering how long they have been open. Tons of restaurants here in Phuket are only open a few months and have to quit.

Ok I'll try to be helpful : If you go to a restaurant at 8 o clock or at any time that is consider dinner time & you are alone or together with another human being you are suppose to sit in a single table.I'm sure that if you go there at 10 pm & tables are empty,you can sit at a bigger one without bother the owner.the guy was not even a regoular customer,he was there for the first(& the last?)time so I think that if he wanted more space he should have take 2 pizzas take away , lay down on the beach in front & eat'em all.

That definitely beats the renting the whole restaurant idea.

Went into M&M pizza in Rawai with my girlfriend and was just about to sit down when the young Thai waitress stops me and tells me I can't

sit there, I have to sit on one of the tiny "2 people" tables right in the middle of the restaurant. The place was

empty, only 2 other people in there so I politely asked the waitress if I could sit on on one of the tables nearest the road

(not worried about the size, just wanted to get some breeze, people watch etc). At which point the person I presume is the owner (middle aged

farang lady with short bleached blond hair) comes out and grunts towards a table near where I asked to sit,

and as we sit down she proceeds to pull the table apart as noisily as possible so that there

are now two of these tiny "2 people" tables (which are a bit like the tables you sit at when you take an exam) about 12 inches apart

instead of a normal sized table, before slapping a couple of menus onto the table.

She then walks off looking very pleased with herself as if to say "that will show them!!"

My girlfriend and I just sort of smiled at each other in a confused/amused way and got up and left before we'd

even read the menu that the "lady" had given us. The Thai waitress looked very embarrassed, I felt quite sorry for her!

Maybe she was having a bad day, but it seems a strange way to treat customers in an empty restaurant during low

season.

Always had great food there, Pizza and home made pasta. Nearly full all year round. We had similar experiance and were moved to a table for two when place empty ( early evening) but was done politly. It was full by the time we left. Give it another go the food is worth it.

wouldn't care if she served the best damm Pizza in the whole country......I wouldn't give her 1 cent of my money. I don't go to eat and spend hard earned money to give it a narky old bag who should know better if she is in the restaurant business. Eccentric, day off or whatever.....tell her to leave her problems at the front door and get on with being a professional restraunteur.

But seems she has buckets of customers....some of whom have said she can be odd. very strange!! Is there something in the Pizza to make the customers happy!!!???? :o:D:D

wouldn't care if she served the best damm Pizza in the whole country......I wouldn't give her 1 cent of my money. I don't go to eat and spend hard earned money to give it a narky old bag who should know better if she is in the restaurant business. Eccentric, day off or whatever.....tell her to leave her problems at the front door and get on with being a professional restraunteur.

But seems she has buckets of customers....some of whom have said she can be odd. very strange!! Is there something in the Pizza to make the customers happy!!!???? :o:D:D

Maybe something in your Beer has maked you unhappy last night... :D

You are right, you can go spend your "hard earned money wherever you like.

Those of us who know Maggie, know she is not a "narky old bag".

She is a restranteur, the whole start of the topic was where the guy was upset that she broke a table of four into two..........gee, she might be maximizing the space she has so as to create better turnover.......

Yes, they have buckets of customers so really if youare overly sensitive, maybe a bit of a wanke_r, you probably want to go somewhere else.

She is a restranteur, the whole start of the topic was where the guy was upset that she broke a table of four into two..........gee, she might be maximizing the space she has so as to create better turnover.......

Yes, they have buckets of customers so really if youare overly sensitive, maybe a bit of a wanke_r, you probably want to go somewhere else.

If you read on through the tread....then you will have noticed the topic moved on to being about her and her manners...or more to the point the complete lack of. You go spend your money where you like and cosy up top the old bag . Looks like from your reply you are very well suited....give her one of your stupid bear hugs???

Me unhappy?? No I avoid obnoxious people like your and ...what's her name??.....Maggie.

Yes one thing ..and the only thing you are right about....is that she is SUPPOSED to be a restraunteur and so she MUST treat her customers, not as she sees fit but, as to what THEY want. If she can't oblige then do so as as professional restraunteur with humour and charm. Good job you are not in that business (or are you)....you'd probably have sat the 2 unfortunates with a bar stool betweeen them as a table.

Me a wan*er?? Tut tut Huggy....being looking through windows again???

Went into M&M pizza in Rawai with my girlfriend and was just about to sit down when the young Thai waitress stops me and tells me I can't

sit there, I have to sit on one of the tiny "2 people" tables right in the middle of the restaurant. The place was

empty, only 2 other people in there so I politely asked the waitress if I could sit on on one of the tables nearest the road

(not worried about the size, just wanted to get some breeze, people watch etc). At which point the person I presume is the owner (middle aged

farang lady with short bleached blond hair) comes out and grunts towards a table near where I asked to sit,

and as we sit down she proceeds to pull the table apart as noisily as possible so that there

are now two of these tiny "2 people" tables (which are a bit like the tables you sit at when you take an exam) about 12 inches apart

instead of a normal sized table, before slapping a couple of menus onto the table.

She then walks off looking very pleased with herself as if to say "that will show them!!"

My girlfriend and I just sort of smiled at each other in a confused/amused way and got up and left before we'd

even read the menu that the "lady" had given us. The Thai waitress looked very embarrassed, I felt quite sorry for her!

Maybe she was having a bad day, but it seems a strange way to treat customers in an empty restaurant during low

season.

People like this really pizz me off, they sometimes forget they are there to serve no one want's to go into a place and get attitude from someone who should just hold their tongue and do their job, to serve. The customer comes first.

Yes one thing ..and the only thing you are right about....is that she is SUPPOSED to be a restraunteur and so she MUST treat her customers, not as she sees fit but, as to what THEY want. If she can't oblige then do so as as professional restraunteur with humour and charm. Good job you are not in that business (or are you)....you'd probably have sat the 2 unfortunates with a bar stool betweeen them as a table.

Ha! Funny, my statement was "if you are overly sensitive, and if you are a bit of a wanke_r".........so I guess I touched a nerve their clarkeymalarkey, yes?

Also, everybody-it's HER dam_n RESTAURANT! She can do whatever she likes including telling you to p**s off. If she goes under because she has no customers, so then be it, such is life, but for you to say "oh, my school of business says the customers come first", well, remember, you're in Thailand.

I used to own a restaurant in the UK (some 15 years ago). There was many a time a customer p!ssed me off and there was many a time I was having a bad day, but you have to bite your tongue and put on a face, be polite (though maybe still stern) and get on with it. I can truely understand that she was having a bad day and maybe some farang couples do the same thing day in and day out and the Op was just unfortunate to walk into the same situation at an inopportunistic moment, but this public thread just goes to show how bad it is to show such feelings to your customers. She may be lucky and be positioned well enough and have enough passing trade, to make little difference, but it still will have put off some from going there now - and worse may have encourage some of our more 'fun' forum-hounds to see if they too can wind her up (just see the Grumpiest expat in BKK' thread for examples of this).

I used to own a restaurant in the UK (some 15 years ago). There was many a time a customer p!ssed me off and there was many a time I was having a bad day, but you have to bite your tongue and put on a face, be polite (though maybe still stern) and get on with it. I can truely understand that she was having a bad day and maybe some farang couples do the same thing day in and day out and the Op was just unfortunate to walk into the same situation at an inopportunistic moment, but this public thread just goes to show how bad it is to show such feelings to your customers. She may be lucky and be positioned well enough and have enough passing trade, to make little difference, but it still will have put off some from going there now - and worse may have encourage some of our more 'fun' forum-hounds to see if they too can wind her up (just see the Grumpiest expat in BKK' thread for examples of this).

(just see the Grumpiest expat in BKK' thread for examples of this)

I love that thread, hilarious !

Ha! Funny, my statement was "if you are overly sensitive, and if you are a bit of a wanke_r".........so I guess I touched a nerve their clarkeymalarkey, yes?

Also, everybody-it's HER dam_n RESTAURANT! She can do whatever she likes including telling you to p**s off. If she goes under because she has no customers, so then be it, such is life, but for you to say "oh, my school of business says the customers come first", well, remember, you're in Thailand.

Me nerves are on edge HuggyBuggy (does this loving name calling mean anything?? I'm worried!)....but not from this!

Yes...it is hers to do with as she likes. I feel she is in the wrong business. If you can't handle people then don't be at the front of the house. Stay in the kitchen or office and run the background. It's her profit she is playing with and good luck to her..seems she is doing ok.

But to disrespect her paying customers, in any country, is NOT on. Nobody goes to any restaurant anywhere to be treated badly. There are other comments about her attitude...not all good. But as I already said ..I wouldn't eat anywhere that didn't treat me well. Walk away....problem solved.

I must say that it's been several years since I ate at M&M's - because of the same complaints in this thread! The attitude was not great and the last time I ever ate there the pizza was terrible, pastry not cooked and the staff didn't care, neither did the owner. My guest was disgusted and since it's not cheap, unlike the decor - I decided enough was enough.

Amalfi at Nai Harn serves good pizza too, ambience is great and so is the Italian owner and his staff! :o

I must say that it's been several years since I ate at M&M's - because of the same complaints in this thread! The attitude was not great and the last time I ever ate there the pizza was terrible, pastry not cooked and the staff didn't care, neither did the owner. My guest was disgusted and since it's not cheap, unlike the decor - I decided enough was enough.

Amalfi at Nai Harn serves good pizza too, ambience is great and so is the Italian owner and his staff! :D

But to many mosquitoes in Amalfi :o:D

Amalfi at Nai Harn serves good pizza too, ambience is great and so is the Italian owner and his staff! :o

Which owner are you talking about as it changes season to season......???

Well I'm sorry but Amalfi has bad days too. We had a couple of meals in there and they were OK then one time it was just like Fawlty Towers - waiters dropping food and rushing around, then drinks went flying, someone's cola splashed over me (in a practically empty restaurant) - we were laughing at first until our food came up. Well mine did not come up until way after my husband had finished his meal and ready to go home and took a lot of moaning to actually get my meal on the table. Bald headed poofy git (is that the owner?) not in the least bit apologetic so we have not darkened their doors since. And we go to M n Ms now and occasionally Da Vinci - so there you go, all the same same I guess.

If I had a bad experience at any restaurant, it would discourage me from visiting again! :D

Different people may have different experiences at same restaurants, however I guess most would not revisit places they did'nt like! :o

Well I'm sorry but Amalfi has bad days too. We had a couple of meals in there and they were OK then one time it was just like Fawlty Towers - waiters dropping food and rushing around, then drinks went flying, someone's cola splashed over me (in a practically empty restaurant) - we were laughing at first until our food came up. Well mine did not come up until way after my husband had finished his meal and ready to go home and took a lot of moaning to actually get my meal on the table. Bald headed poofy git (is that the owner?) not in the least bit apologetic so we have not darkened their doors since. And we go to M n Ms now and occasionally Da Vinci - so there you go, all the same same I guess.

"Bald headed poofy git (is that the owner?) "

Ha, ha, ha, I love it. Yes, that is the current numbscull that thought he could succeed in the restaurant business in Phuket.

There is a dummy off the plane everyday......

Campanina Kata, although a bit expensive, fantastic Italian food.

Ha, ha, ha, I love it. Yes, that is the current numbscull that thought he could succeed in the restaurant business in Phuket.

True Story; there was once a guy who while at his friends house in Rawaii noticed his friend's, maid's daughter swimming with difficulty. On asking the reason he was told that she had suffered badly in a home fire and that her skin had fused together thus inhibiting her arm's natural movement. To cut a long story short he is the reason that the little girl, Mod I believe her name is, has had the beneficial skin and remedial treatment and is now well on the road to recovery. The benevolent guy here was Roberto, the "bald headed poofy git" who has been in Rawaii for years.

Amalfi at Nai Harn serves good pizza too, ambience is great and so is the Italian owner and his staff! :D

True Story; there was once a guy who while at his friends house in Rawaii noticed his friend's, maid's daughter swimming with difficulty. On asking the reason he was told that she had suffered badly in a home fire and that her skin had fused together thus inhibiting her arm's natural movement. To cut a long story short he is the reason that the little girl, Mod I believe her name is, has had the beneficial skin and remedial treatment and is now well on the road to recovery. The benevolent guy here was Roberto, the "bald headed poofy git" who has been in Rawaii for years.

O.K., that may be so, and it's a touching story, but he has not owned Amalfi for years. That is where his description came up.

Without giving away what I do, (as I would like to be somewhat anonymous until the TV Barbecue party :o ) each year I have had the new owners approach me to do business, each year I let them know they will need to pay up front.

O.K., that may be so, and it's a touching story, but he has not owned Amalfi for years. That is where his description came up.

Without giving away what I do, (as I would like to be somewhat anonymous until the TV Barbecue party :o ) each year I have had the new owners approach me to do business, each year I let them know they will need to pay up front.

Hi Huggy. Amalfi (formerly named Bavaria) has only been in existence for 3 years at most (before that it was Neros) and yes; Roberto and Gino have been in Rawaii for years.

Hi Huggy. Amalfi (formerly named Bavaria) has only been in existence for 3 years at most (before that it was Neros) and yes; Roberto and Gino have been in Rawaii for years.

O.K., but we are off topic now, lets get back to bashing Maggie :D

O.K., but we are off topic now, lets get back to bashing Maggie :o

Yeah lets; when I used to see her in the morning and she'd nod, smile or say good morning I used to think "what a dog"; when she was up to her knees in it slopping out after the tsunami I thought "what a trout"; when she gave her staff leave to visit home after the tsunami, I thought "what an insensitive cow; when she gave me and my mate two shots of jaegermeister after a small complaint of ours I thought "what a kee neow bitch"; when I or my missus saw her in the market first thing selecting the best veges I thought "what a cheap-skate". When I saw her partner/boyfirend/ex-boyfriend sweating his gonads off by the pizza oven I thought "what an unprofessional set-up"

Yeah lets give her a bashing, Huggy.

>>Yeah lets; when I used to see her in the morning and she'd nod, smile or say good morning I used to think "what a dog"; when she was up to her knees in it slopping out after the tsunami I thought "what a trout"; when she gave her staff leave to visit home after the tsunami, I thought "what an insensitive cow; when she gave me and my mate two shots of jaegermeister after a small complaint of ours I thought "what a kee neow bitch"; when I or my missus saw her in the market first thing selecting the best veges I thought "what a cheap-skate". When I saw her partner/boyfirend/ex-boyfriend sweating his gonads off by the pizza oven I thought "what an unprofessional set-up"

Alai wah?

O.K., but we are off topic now, lets get back to bashing Maggie :D

Yeah lets; when I used to see her in the morning and she'd nod, smile or say good morning I used to think "what a dog"; when she was up to her knees in it slopping out after the tsunami I thought "what a trout"; when she gave her staff leave to visit home after the tsunami, I thought "what an insensitive cow; when she gave me and my mate two shots of jaegermeister after a small complaint of ours I thought "what a kee neow bitch"; when I or my missus saw her in the market first thing selecting the best veges I thought "what a cheap-skate". When I saw her partner/boyfirend/ex-boyfriend sweating his gonads off by the pizza oven I thought "what an unprofessional set-up"

Sorry pal, but "bald headed poofy git" is funnier.

It wasn't supposed to be funny; I can't understand why a basically decent human being who does a reasonably good job of purveying pizzas in a normally packed restaurant has to be the subject of so much "bashing"