The Grumpiest Ex-pat In Bangkok

CarlBkk

Don't you mean, "throw my fish out of the net"? :D

Lol :D I think I should try that, take this sardine to the forehead fishing spot invader...

I like it. :D A Monty Python style fish slapping should put him in his place. I recommend a kipper for the job. :)

• 3 months later...
--bump--

I can't find him.

Last time I was in The Emporium (about two months ago) I was in that cafe and think I spotted him. Have also seen people there who looked like they were looking for him, if you get my drift.

--bump--

I can't find him.

Last time I was in The Emporium (about two months ago) I was in that cafe and think I spotted him. Have also seen people there who looked like they were looking for him, if you get my drift.

Think I'll have to have another go. I might reserve the whole cafe for a meetup.

• 1 month later...

Not possible to read that in one time, I want to find that thread more easy, I hope its allowes to push him a little forward.

Maybe some more people who missed that thread, read him now and get amused by him.

I also a little surprised how grown man find it sooo funny to make a small incident to such a big story.

35 pages? Thats a lot.

But first I have to read more.

Thanks, Alfred

Brilliant, absolutely brilliant! the whole thing, from the obnoxious OCD guy who it was all about in the first place right through to the guy who is really angry about everyone picking on the original obnoxious OCD guy...how long has this been going on? a year? just great :)

top top stuff. :D

thank you all so much

I have to say that I was raised to be extremely polite but when I'm faced with extreme rudeness or moronic behavior all that goes out of the window. I just can't be bothered with social niceties with those sorts. Unfortunately there seem to be a large number of expats in LOS who meet the criteria of both being rude and a moron.

I was in the lobby of a Bangkok hotel once reading the paper enjoying a cup of tea. In a similar situation to the OP this elderly westerner came up to me and said "You'll have to move. I always sit there."

Now some people might have moved. Some people might have explained that they were there first. Some people might have pointed out the gentleman's brusqueness.

I just told him to "F#ck off." The sheer audacity of the man.

I was in another hotel's restaurant and the waiter presented these 2 westerners with the menu and wine list. One of these pricks loudly said " Did I ask for the wine list boy? Did I? Did I? If I want it I'll bloody ask for it" Poor waiter's only doing his frigging job.

"Shut up you rude <deleted> you're disturbing my meal" I called across.

Can't abide situations like the 2 above. Who the f#ck do these people think they are? Pr#cks. They undoubtedly thought I was some sort of uneducated uncouth foul mouthed yob. Though I could undoubtedly have given them a few lessons in common courtesy.

I have only just discovered this thread and as of yet not read all the posts.

Has anyone managed to video or photograph the original posters guy yet?

Yes. Months ago when this was going on, a picture surfaced. The copy that was posted here on TV was removed to protect the a$$hole's privacy.

I was in the lobby of a Bangkok hotel once reading the paper enjoying a cup of tea. In a similar situation to the OP this elderly westerner came up to me and said "You'll have to move. I always sit there."

Now some people might have moved. Some people might have explained that they were there first. Some people might have pointed out the gentleman's brusqueness.

I just told him to "F#ck off." The sheer audacity of the man.

:)

Probably the best way to deal with gits like that. If you'd have tried to be polite, he'd most likely have given you some stick and bad karma to boot. I expect he's gone through his life talking down to people.

Started reading from the end once I'd read the OP. Wonderful stuff jackr and mca. Normally I'm a polite, affable and sensitive-ro-the-needs-of-others kind of bloke (guy). Sad to say though, I 'revert to type' when presented with oafish boorish ill-bred morons. Often, dark thoughts occur. Shocking but true.

I'm sorry to say he's still around and doing his worst. I happened to pass him on a BTS bridge adjoining Exchange Tower three days ago. He physically pushed down an officeworker's arm to get passed. The Thai officeworker was giving directions to a group and pointing. Said GOM was walking up behind him and instead of going round or saying excuse me, carried on walked and forcefully pushed down the guy's arm and carried on. Nothing said. Guy was shocked to say the least and stopped giving the directions to the Asian tourists. I was also pretty shocked to see such needless attitude. If the officeguy hadn't been quite so well-mannered himself I'm sure it wouldn't have ended there.

Hmm, what to do?

Maybe print out this entire thread and throw all 36 pages in his face?

You never know, seeing the entire might of TV against his ways may knock some normality into the man?

Well, don't worry, one of these days he will get his comeuppance. They always do.

We had a "kid" like that in our neighborhood. On the day he was 18 (then the legal drinking age in NYS) he went out to a bar, pulled his usual big mouth I'm tough Scott routine, and promptly got his jaw broken to the point it had to be wired shut. It was a definite and permanent attitude changer.

To those who were suggesting OCD or something of that nature, at least 97% of the population is not OCD, so I'll go with the odds that he's just a jerk. In fact, any serious OCD case is probably less likely to be an international traveler/resident.

I'm sorry to say he's still around and doing his worst. I happened to pass him on a BTS bridge adjoining Exchange Tower three days ago. He physically pushed down an officeworker's arm to get passed. The Thai officeworker was giving directions to a group and pointing. Said GOM was walking up behind him and instead of going round or saying excuse me, carried on walked and forcefully pushed down the guy's arm and carried on. Nothing said. Guy was shocked to say the least and stopped giving the directions to the Asian tourists. I was also pretty shocked to see such needless attitude. If the officeguy hadn't been quite so well-mannered himself I'm sure it wouldn't have ended there.

Hi Carl,

I couldn't get past the 1st 3 pages for tears of laughter....

Do you still go to the Oriental at 10:00

One of the funniest topics I've read on TV.

Thanks... :)

Hi Carl,

I couldn't get past the 1st 3 pages for tears of laughter....

Do you still go to the Oriental at 10:00

One of the funniest topics I've read on TV.

Thanks... :)

Man I wish I was in BKK to see this guy! Seriously, you should get a group together, wait for his cafe 'performance' and give him a standing ovation every morning, take some photo's ask him for his autograph or something.

Ok I know he's taken the 'eccentric englishman' thing WAY too far and probably needs all kinds of help but I can't help wanting to be there and ask him 'you do realise you're famuos don't you?'

Likewise, I have still seen him in the coffee shop being a git. Interesting seeing the revival of the thread though that shook the nation, for newbies, read it first, everything was thought of and some of it was tried. In the end, the guy is a <deleted> and will always be, knowing he is one is not going to make him change his ways it seems. I believe in Karma, and he is well overdue for some.

Oz

Well, don't worry, one of these days he will get his comeuppance. They always do.

I like the fighting spirit of Carl and the other TV guys, but I think we just have to hope that he does get his comeuppance, and Thailand is probably the place for that to happen. For his sake, I hope it is another farrang that eventually 'takes matters into his own hands'.

I don't think this has anything to do with OCD. Most likely the guy is an anal retentive @rsehole, but no clinical illness.

I remember when I was a 17 year old just starting work, I was working for a guy who was completely out of his tree... never let anyone tell you that Pot is a harmless drug, because 15 years of abuse and this guy was a complete nutter...

I had to make sure I was at work 15 minutes early, or he would do his nut... one day I innocently parked in 'his spot' in the carpark (never more than 50% full). I was sitting in the lunchroom waiting for the day to start and he came it and went ferral on me...

The big boss on site and I got along pretty well, because we both drove Datsun 1600s... and he overheard the commotion… The next day, after 15 years of parking in the same (different) spot, the big boss parked in 'my bosses spot'… I almost pissed myself laughing when I saw it… not much my boss could say about that :)

Now everybody please pray to the comeuppance fairies…

Daewoo

Likewise, I have still seen him in the coffee shop being a git. Interesting seeing the revival of the thread though that shook the nation, for newbies, read it first, everything was thought of and some of it was tried. In the end, the guy is a <deleted> and will always be, knowing he is one is not going to make him change his ways it seems. I believe in Karma, and he is well overdue for some.

Oz

I read the entire thread last night and this has to be the granddaddy of all threads on TV. Almost like watching a mini series on television.

My thumbs up... :):D

Childish.

How do you all know his entire family may have been recently slaughtered and he is not in the mood to b e nice.

Because, if you read page one, it may have been too complicated for you,

this started 2008-05-27 @ 22:17:48 :) duh...