The Grumpiest Ex-pat In Bangkok

CarlBkk

Childish.

How do you all know his entire family may have been recently slaughtered and he is not in the mood to b e nice.

So basically if we encounter any abrasive, boorish, rude, obnoxious cretin of a westerner we're to ask " Excuse me. I can't help but notice your complete lack of common courtesy to your fellow man. Has your family by any chance been slaughtered recently? If so may I offer my sincerest condolences and profuse apologies for assuming you were a complete and utter w#nker. ""

Edited by mca

Childish.

How do you all know his entire family may have been recently slaughtered and he is not in the mood to b e nice.

So basically if we encounter any abrasive, boorish, rude, obnoxious cretin of a westerner we're to ask " Excuse me. I can't help but notice your complete lack of common courtesy to your fellow man. Has your family by any chance been slaughtered recently? If so may I offer my sincerest condolences and profuse apologies for assuming you were a complete and utter w#nker. ""

Great post, this thread is getting funnier by the day. I can easy imagine the expression in GOM's face when approced with this question :) .

Time for a beer at Sukhumvit...see ya.

Childish.

Perhaps slaughter was the public explanation given. However, after some time living with this fellow I would expect the likely explanation might have been driven mad and then fled. :)

Childish.

Perhaps slaughter was the public explanation given. However, after some time living with this fellow I would expect the likely explanation might have been driven mad and then fled. :)

Maybe they decided that 'suicide by chainsaw' was a less painful way to go than to live with him...

Is this fella still around?

I'm game for that seat...

I believe there have been some sightings of The GOM in and around Sukhumvit, and it appears that little has changed in the way of his attitude.

So, since Page One, the only person who has witnessed this stingy arrogant farang is the OP, Carl. After so many months, and so many thaivisa members turning up wanting to see for themselves this turbulent farang, they find for themselves that he isn't and was never ever was......... Good story Carl. Will look forward to your next - by the way Bangkok Books are alway looking for novelists.,

A fantastic OP - figure of the imagination........... :)

Edited by ThaiEye

So, since Page One, the only person who has witnessed this stingy arrogant farang is the OP, Carl. After so many months, and so many thaivisa members turning up wanting to see for themselves this turbulent farang, they find for themselves that he isn't and was never ever there.

A figure of the imagination........... :)

Not so Thai Eye. Other members went to the cafe while I wasn't there and witnessed him. I think they sat opposite to view from afar because after he realised I was beginning to nick his place he made a special effort to get there "waiting" at the top of the lifts until security let him in dead on 10am. In fact another member took a photo of him.

If you so wish you can go into Oriental Cafe any morning and sit right next to the coffee machine in the window. Make sure you're early. As a proxy CEO he doesn't show every morning as his golf often takes priority, so if that is the case any pleasant member of staff will give you the full lowdown on his antics. You'll know if you've beaten him to his place - his quiche will be perfectly warmed and his latte and Bangkok Post perfectly placed in his spot. All can be moved along a space or two of course. His secretary (doubling as his wife) calls up to confirm his attendance and to ensure his demands are met. Expect no pleasantries.

So, since Page One, the only person who has witnessed this stingy arrogant farang is the OP, Carl. After so many months, and so many thaivisa members turning up wanting to see for themselves this turbulent farang, they find for themselves that he isn't and was never ever there.

A figure of the imagination........... :)

Not so Thai Eye. Other members went to the cafe while I wasn't there and witnessed him. I think they sat opposite to view from afar because after he realised I was beginning to nick his place he made a special effort to get there "waiting" at the top of the lifts until security let him in dead on 10am. In fact another member took a photo of him.

If you so wish you can go into Oriental Cafe any morning and sit right next to the coffee machine in the window. Make sure you're early. As a proxy CEO he doesn't show every morning as his golf often takes priority, so if that is the case any pleasant member of staff will give you the full lowdown on his antics. You'll know if you've beaten him to his place - his quiche will be perfectly warmed and his latte and Bangkok Post perfectly placed in his spot. All can be moved along a space or two of course. His secretary (doubling as his wife) calls up to confirm his attendance and to ensure his demands are met. Expect no pleasantries.

Great wake up call, but kindly put some links on here for our perusal! And also that photo of 'him', we would look to see that too! Post any photos at all Carl... If this isnt a wind up please for goodness post some evidence!!

Edited by ThaiEye

I forget which member took the photo but they posted it in this thread. It got viewed a few times then deleted by the Mod. I think I can track it down after it was posted on a Facebook group, but not sure if I'll get away with posting the link..

He's not an elusive character Thai Eye...myself and a few others have seen him frequently around Sukhumvit (Foodland soi 16, Exchange Tower, Emporium). Always in golf shorts and polo shirts. He's actually a Jerry Springer lookalike.

I forget which member took the photo but they posted it in this thread. It got viewed a few times then deleted by the Mod. I think I can track it down after it was posted on a Facebook group, but not sure if I'll get away with posting the link..

He's not an elusive character Thai Eye...myself and a few others have seen him frequently around Sukhumvit (Foodland soi 16, Exchange Tower, Emporium). Always in golf shorts and polo shirts. He's actually a Jerry Springer lookalike.

Reads like you had a couple too many beers down centre, Carl. Instead of this, "always in golf shorts and polo shirts. He's actually a Jerry Springer lookalike" and "myself and a few others have seen him frequently around Sukhumvit" can you post some evidence.

I personally, have been watching this thread for months and have had breakfast at the Oriental Cafe on many occasions. However, i have yet, to meet Mr Bad Guy, his secretary or any waitress who says they have had hassle with a certain morning customer.

He's a decent customer, gets decent service... what you so jealous about, Carl? If he were a ******* he would have been banned by security months, if not years ago..

Congratulations for the thread anyway, got a lot of publicity

Edited by ThaiEye

Just send links for the photo to interested members Carl

Reads like you had a couple too many beers down centre, Carl. Instead of this, "always in golf shorts and polo shirts. He's actually a Jerry Springer lookalike" and "myself and a few others have seen him frequently around Sukhumvit" can you post some evidence.

I personally, have been watching this thread for months and have had breakfast at the Oriental Cafe on many occasions. However, i have yet, to meet Mr Bad Guy, his secretary or any waitress who says they have had hassle with a certain morning customer.

He's a decent customer, gets decent service... what you so jealous about, Carl? If he were a ******* he would have been banned by security months, if not years ago..

Give your fingers a rest, your posts are getting boorish. :)

The only reason you have probably never spotted him, is because you aren't in Thailand. This guy is fairly well known. Stop trying to be clever, plenty of post's here to back up the veracity of the OP's original story.

i think it is more than fair to post a picture of this fellow, as long as all of his ardent antagonists are willing to post pictures of themselves as well, preferably in an easily recognised regular haunt.

if there is no breach of privacy involved this really shouldn't be an issue.

I would also be interested to see what someone who dedicates his mornings to upsetting the routine of another looks like. the guy may be a prick, but i havent heard tell of him stalking others on internet forums.

how long ago was high school anyway?

im disgusted i have once again posted in this thread.

can you post some evidence.

Perhaps you were mistaken in thinking this was a court of law.

It's not. It's just a discussion forum. Carl has told a story of one of his experiences. Some, like myself, who consider Carl an interesting and valuable long-standing member of the forum, believe his story to be true. If you don't , then fine. I'm sure Carl can live with that.

If you want evidence, perhaps you should consider collecting it yourself.

i think it is more than fair to post a picture of this fellow, as long as all of his ardent antagonists are willing to post pictures of themselves as well, preferably in an easily recognised regular haunt.

I would also be interested to see what someone who dedicates his mornings to upsetting the routine of another looks like. the guy may be a prick, but i havent heard tell of him stalking others on internet forums.

Dear Tough Sh.t.....

So are we..... :)

• Like 1

Dear Tough Sh.t.....

So are we..... :)

Said with so much feeling as well GD. :D

The Grumpiest Ex-pat in Bangkok. What a title. Quite intriguing, irresitible, worth a look-see. Obviously a unique person to have struck such a chord. I can't resist commenting,maybe because I'm merely human, or just like seeing myself in print. Moot point. Either way it has been of enormous general interest. Hasn't it.

If he is indeed the grumpiest in BKK, then surely he warrants a pic. After all, such a person would have scant interest in our TV forum (that is to say scant interest in the opinions, thoughts or musings of others), so his "privacy" would hardly be likely to be violated, or even important to him. Were it to be important he would surely simply skulk away with a sotto voce grumble and seat himself elsewhere. Instead he rudely chooses to make his presence known, his importance, his precedence. In need of privacy? Hardly.

"Grumpy" is too kind. He's not merely down in the dumps. He's antisocial. He's plain boorish. He wants attention. He wears a pink t-shirt. I notice every male who wears a pink t-shirt. He wants to be loathed, perhaps feared. He's a narcissist, and cares nought about you and me.

Were I to find myself inadvertently sat next to this guy I would move, or, if necessary, stand. Or come back later. The negative vibe would affect my digestion.

Quite the conspiracy theorist Thai Eye. I certainly have no desire to give publicity to Oriental Cafe! I've been there only 5 times myself. If you want evidence I'm not going to do any detective work for you - you may believe it more if you turn up for 3 mornings in a row and sample it, or if you can't just ASK the two girls working there. No matter how badly they were/are treated they still serve him as best they can to avoid public humiliations with his outbursts. They won't deny it. He was and is a real ******** but the security guard at the cafe is a limp biscuit. The shop manager did tell me (after I was completely shocked at the way he shouted at her) that senior management at the Oriental were made aware of him and had told him that seats cannot be reserved (after he wrote to them requesting it) and that if he abuses staff he will get banned. However, if his seat happens to be taken from 10am - 12pm he still abuses them for not following his orders, although now I'm not sure how frequently this happens.

After one and a half years, Carl - just post some evidence can you. We all want to know that the 'grumpiest farang in Thailand actually exists'

Post evidence some can you, then we know he isn't the grumpy imagination of a Bkk expat who has been here too long.

I look forward to seeing the evidence (one and a half years in the waiting)

ThaiEye

Edited by ThaiEye