The Grumpiest Ex-pat In Bangkok

CarlBkk

Since I took the motorbike in this morning, I did get turned around in the B2 bike park, shunted from 2 'entrances' marked as staff only, I think I have it sorted now though. If we get enough there and early enough we can fill the whole alcove... but since I have been 'made' like CarlBkk I may be across the way pointing the video.

You could always go in disguise...... Say as.......... Superman! :o

This is becoming like a farce!

Since I took the motorbike in this morning, I did get turned around in the B2 bike park, shunted from 2 'entrances' marked as staff only, I think I have it sorted now though. If we get enough there and early enough we can fill the whole alcove... but since I have been 'made' like CarlBkk I may be across the way pointing the video.

You could always go in disguise...... Say as.......... Superman! :o

This is becoming like a farce!

Nah, if he thinks there are more people than just me involved in this he will just try and get to that area as early as possible. If confronted when he gets angry I'm really not sure if he'd just stomp off loudly muttering (whilst cursing the staff) or actually give some verbal back. It will no doubt become clear.

Ozsamurai, I don't think he's put 2 and 2 together with you yet...cos you were sitting some distance from him. If you had got there before him in his place, he might realise I have something to do with it ;-)

Perhaps yes, I will see tomm, since he had removed all the chairs between him and I before I got there I really had no choice there. All day this post has averaged 30 readers.... its addictive!! Hope the rain stops by morning, would hate to get wet on the way there! Yes my other half thinks I am nuts, in fact we all are, but she is also hangin' for the next installment.

D*mn! This is hilarious. I hardly ever venture downtown, but his would be worth going to see.
However I have obviously led a sheltered life could someone tell me what a wife beater is?

Sleeveless undershirt - associated with beer swilling slobs.

post-18167-1211983496_thumb.jpg

Thanks Bino

I am now enlightened! :D

TBWG :o

Does the Oriental coffee shop have wi-fi? If so can someone take a laptop and keep us updated in virtual time?

No it doesn't - but if you have a True Wifi or KSC account, you can get access there - when it works, that is - tonight neither system was accessible. That is what I was thinking of doing.

7 pages about a grumpy man, dont TV members delight in the demise of another.

Sounds like you're feeling sorry for him. Certainly no demise, he thinks he's a VIP in a coffee shop and verbally takes it out on any customers and staff. If anything good comes of this he'll give up and so lay off the staff. We're not going to cause the guy a breakdown...if you were there to see him he doesn't look or act like any pitiful victim.

Sounds like you're feeling sorry for him. Certainly no demise, he thinks he's a VIP in a coffee shop and verbally takes it out on any customers and staff. If anything good comes of this he'll give up and so lay off the staff. We're not going to cause the guy a breakdown...if you were there to see him he doesn't look or act like any pitiful victim.

I agree Carl. And because he is altering his schedule and routine to play the game and get there before you, he doesn't sound like an OCD case either.

No he sounds like a knob, and im sure if you slapped him he'd more then deserve it, i was more commenting on the nature of the TV poster to create 7 pages commenting on a assho7e, im guessing there wouldnt be so many pages if he was the nicest man in BKK and brought the staff flowers and had a twinkle in his eye everyday.

Edited by boiledegg

No he sounds like a knob, and im sure if you slapped him he'd more then deserve it, i was more commenting on the nature of the TV poster to create 7 pages commenting on a assho7e, im guessing there wouldnt be so many pages if he was the nicest man in BKK and brought the staff flowers and had a twinkle in his eye everyday.

I think you guessed right, there wouldnot be a reason to post 7 pages if the guy would go around handing out flowers.

Very sharp thinking :o

Thanks Bino

I am now enlightened! :D

TBWG :o

Mai pen rai.

Even though I'm posting off topic, I really don't think it will be possible to derail this thread. The definition according to the urban dictionary is (sic):

"a very tight, white tank top that is ribbed in texture. this style of shirt is usually found on overweight white guys hailing from the trailer courts. unmistakeable markings of bbq sauce or chew spit on the front and smelling of old style beer and excessive perspiration. the wearer can be found at any type of festival which involves his toothless relatives working the carnival rides."

MrIrrisistible , what does irrisistable mean ?

i know what irresistable means , but i've never come across irrisistable before.

I was born in the Irriwaddy delta in an irrigation ditch with no irrigularities by irritated parents, always spell me irri's that way, cannot get it outa me head.

I was adopted by a very handsome couple at 6 months of age, hence my good looks and exquisite charm.

Aha, you were irrigitimite! :o

If you check out Oriental Cafe at 9.50 you will see the staff have placed a plate of quiche at his place. They gladly move it if you want to sit there.

Leave it where it is, wait till he appears and then start to eat it.

:o

I wish you good luck for tomorrow!

If you can take a few pics and post it here it would be nice!

Maybe this could be the new hot meeting place for TV members?

Hope to see some of you there the next time I'm in Bkk . :o

The devil in me has been enjoying this thread a lot. You could always up the antics later by padlocking the chair to the table, or going more extreme and taking yellow and black cordon tape and sectioning off the seat and table area with "under maintenance" ...well ok, not practical or reasonable, and could get the staff in major trouble, but its 6:20am and im enjoying envisioning ridiculously silly scenarios.

Looking forward to the next installment. :o

This thread has really made me mad! I live up in Isaan and I am not there to see this. :o Otherwise, I would be there. Maybe one person should sit in "his" seat and have about 5 T.V. members que up behind the seat waiting for it. Good luck and let us know how it goes in the morning. :D

ok, I hope we can have a live report.....I'll make sure that I have no meeting around 10:00 + , just to read what's going to happen....Cheers guys, you have a mission today, and the country is proud of you. May your sacrifice be for the benefit of all TV members.... :o

This is just awesome. From the descriptions, I don't feel the slightest bit of sympathy for this spoiled brat. I do hope, however, that at some point he realizes how trivial 'his' seat is. I'm not a particularly malicious person, but when I encounter someone like this, I just can't help but push their buttons for a little while.

Bravo to the OP and other TV pranksters!

BFD!