Do Emirates/etihad Do Open Tickets?

hi guys,

seems buying a one way ticket is alot more expensive in the long run as buying a normal 2 way ticket.(eg £450 one way,£650 Return)

my question is - i always fly from manchester with emirates or etihad(my preffered airline),

due to me not knowing when i will return (could be 6 months - 1 year),is it possible to book an open ticket,

whereby i choose my return date when i wanting to come home.cannot find any info anywhere on the said airlines websites.

thanks

may I first ask why you ask this here? Would not a short fonecall to EK be far more efficient??

Its a bit hit and miss today with this, in old times the usual travel-agents knew this and also knew how to bend the system. it may after all be money well spent to get professional advice in their extra fee.

the point is: fares also depend on LENGTH of stay and how many changes you are allowed. If youre then forced to buy the full-fare yearly ticket to get that, the lower price may suddenly all disappear. But as a broad rule in todays web-bookings: open is also a thing of the past, book a likely date, AND choose the fare that allows changes and DO look at the allowable time to stay etc. and please spare us all these grumbles etc. afters if the airline wont bend the rules.

hi guys,

seems buying a one way ticket is alot more expensive in the long run as buying a normal 2 way ticket.(eg £450 one way,£650 Return)

my question is - i always fly from manchester with emirates or etihad(my preffered airline),

due to me not knowing when i will return (could be 6 months - 1 year),is it possible to book an open ticket,

whereby i choose my return date when i wanting to come home.cannot find any info anywhere on the said airlines websites.

thanks

I believe Emirates charge £75 to amend the inbound dept date.

Edited by enyaw

If you buy a 1 year ticket and you can't get open return, you can always change the date of return.

For some tickets (promotional) a fee is due for change dates. Other tickets no extra.

The fee for change dates is usually far less than 2 times one way ticket.

Ask a travel agent, or check on the websites the conditions of certain tickets.

You can do a ghost booking and then click on fare rules.

cheers

onzestan