Forum Upgrade - Please Read

george

Dear Forum Members,

We are very soon upgrading our old forum software to Invisionboard 2.0.1

Please be patient!

The switch will propably take place this weekend. We will revert with exact time later.

If you eventually end up with " This forum is temporary closed " or similar, then you know that we are upgrading our community to the best available!

Cheers from the admin team,

and thanks for your support!

Dr Pat Pong - Huski - George :o

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

George,

Have you checked the phpBB board? http://www.phpbb.com/ >

Hopefully, it isn't too late to ask. As far as I can see this is the best product in its range and it is free (open-source).

Cheers

We are a high traffic forum, and we need a commercial forum software where we can get support 24/7. We have choosen Invisionboard, as their senior support team are outstanding and can be reached via SMS, ICQ, e-mail around the clock.

We also need the Radio Bangkok integration, and they can fix that for us.

Our board software is now more than one year old, and have some security issues. We will present all new user features ASAP.

SOME NEW THINGS:

- A complete new user control panel interface for PM's is introduced.

- All users can now gag/block posts from "annoying", unwanted members.

- A new Admin interface is introduced.

- Radio Bangkok Integration

We are working together with the Invision Board Support Team to have this up an running this weekend, or latest by the beginning of next week.

The new software release also contains several new functions for mods/admins.

The new software release also contains several new functions for mods/admins.

To administer electric shock to controversial posters when hitting the keyboard? :D:D

Haven't seen either one of 'em around for some time now...
Don't worry about the gent, still posting his 'gloves off' comments now and then... :o

The conversion to the new board will take place today 26 October. I can't give an exact time as we don't know if the upgrade will be done by staff in US or UK. Different time zones is the reason.

Be prepared that the board will be a bit slow and read-only while we migrate (no new posts allowed, only read).

Don't panic if you just get a strange error message when we are working with it.

My wildest guess is that we will have a 1-3 hour downtime. I will revert asap with an exact time.

/George

Edited by george

Any chance of a "low bandwidth" version? (No graphics, text only, lightweight HTML files etc)

When browsing using Opera on my mobile it goes into a thermo-nuclear reaction cycle and melts into the earth's core owing to the weight of each page. I've now got Greenpeace on my case about it. It also gets a bit hot in my pocket.