Forum Upgrade - Please Read

george

Any chance of a "low bandwidth" version? (No graphics, text only, lightweight HTML files etc)

When browsing using Opera on my mobile it goes into a thermo-nuclear reaction cycle and melts into the earth's core owing to the weight of each page. I've now got Greenpeace on my case about it. It also gets a bit hot in my pocket.

Yes, it will be a lofi version as well.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any chance of a "low bandwidth" version? (No graphics, text only, lightweight HTML files etc)

When browsing using Opera on my mobile it goes into a thermo-nuclear reaction cycle and melts into the earth's core owing to the weight of each page. I've now got Greenpeace on my case about it. It also gets a bit hot in my pocket.

5555555555 :o:D:D

I must have told you a million times not to exagerate....!! :D:wub:

totster :D

A short delay... We are informed that the above forum upgrade will take place late this evening 26 October (Bangkok time). More details later on.

Good luck - I know what it's like upgrading a system while trying to keep it online for your customers (But, for me, that was in a different life-time! :o ).

Is the Thai Visa logo in the top left hand corner displaying ok to everyone? Using Firefox, just the basic version, and the logo is sitting right on top of the ThaiVisa url, almost cutting into it. I think it's meant to only be in the blue banded section, not overflowing into the grey section.

When I log in in general topics I get transferred back to general topics without being logged in so when I want to add a reply computer ask me again to log in which brings me here. Maybe I do something wrong I don't know.

Is the Thai Visa logo in the top left hand corner displaying ok to everyone? Using Firefox, just the basic version, and the logo is sitting right on top of the ThaiVisa url, almost cutting into it. I think it's meant to only be in the blue banded section, not overflowing into the grey section.

Yeah... it's the same for me... I'm using firefox... just checked on IE and it's ok

totster

Yeah... it's the same for me... I'm using firefox... just checked on IE and it's ok

totster

Thanks for heads up. Will check with Firefox now. Post edit shoud be fine with Firefox now though.

Yes, it took 34 minutes. Now everything should be up and running except for the sponsor banners.

Well done you guys! It seems much clearer - easier to read, even the font in the Thai Language forum.

I got a couple of SQL Database errors about 10:15, but that's to be expected.

The pages seem to load faster, people's avatars are there straight away, and scrolling is smooth and fast! What a good job.

OK, enough of this brownnose.gif. Well done!

Trying one more time:

Are the IPB Skin options meant to work now? Trying IPB Pre2.0 brings up (Firefox):

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: radio_panel() in /home/thaivcom/public_html/forum/sources/boards.php on line 213

George, you said earlier something about fixing posting for Firefox. I never had problems before but l'm getting error messages now if l try to post using a popular extension called BB Code which l use to post in colors etc. Shows up ok in preview but that's as far as l get.

Looks like you must have been moving this topic and that's what caused my posting problems. Also only one choice of skins now so no more errors there.

Slightly off topic but does the flood control apply to all members? (not including moderators).

Flood control applies to all. Do you post too fast? Are u experiencing problems with the flood control?

Very quick on a landline. Also you can read your pm's at the top of the index page without logging into it? :o  Will PM's be visible on the admins interface?

A lot better, looks great.

PM's can only be read while logged in. They will only show up on YOUR screen. PM's does not show up at admins and are not logged.