Forum Upgrade - Please Read

george

I've reported this before a couple of times but now it's getting annoying. When I click "my assistant" I get a small javascript window with "Thai forum" in it. I want my assistant which, before the changes, always came up. It's now more than irritating. Any chance of a programmer fixing this?

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've reported this before a couple of times but now it's getting annoying. When I click "my assistant" I get a small javascript window with "Thai forum" in it. I want my assistant which, before the changes, always came up. It's now more than irritating. Any chance of a programmer fixing this?

Getting annoying, isn't it Dickie? Same goes for me, but I know how long some of these things take as I was in this business for 20 odd years. Every bug needs to be defined, analysed, determined whether real or not, the code checked, error found, code corrected, tested, reviewed, software rebuilt, issued to customer, and implemented. Sometimes even the simplest bugs can take a week to get "fixed" as far as the customer is concerned. But it would be 'nice' if the list of bugs being investigated was published, along with the stage that the investigation had reached and an estimate of when the customer would see the difference. My god, it feels like I'm back at work explaining to my customers why they haven't got the 'fix' yet! :o:D:D

Anyway, here's my bug list for George and Invision:

Operating system: Win XP Pro, Browser: Firefox 1.0PR

Bugs:

1. Clickable Smiles don't work (Do with IE)('Show All' smilies do work with Firefox and IE)

2. "+Quotes" button doesn't work (does with IE)

3. "My assistant" merely sends cursor to top of page (works in IE)

4. Hover cursor over "My Assistant" - text box pops up saying "View posts since your last visit......"

I'll update this post as and when more bugs crawl out :D

re. Smilies not working with Firefox 1.0PR

On my PC, the smilies in the "Clickable Smilies" group work with IE. They don't with Firefox 1.0PR - they did before the Forum Upgrade.

The Smilies in the window that pops up after you click "Show All", do work - both IE and Firefox.

I poked around Firefox and got to "Tools / Javascript Console" and opened it.

Every time I click on a Smilie in the "Clickable Smilies" group, the Javascript console shows one more message. Each is like this:

Error: ua_vers is not defined

Source File: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/jscripts/ipb_bbcode.js        Line: 352

And if I click on the link, I get this:

//--------------------------------------------
// GENERAL INSERT FUNCTION
//--------------------------------------------
// ibTag: opening tag
// ibClsTag: closing tag, used if we have selected text
// isSingle: true if we do not close the tag right now
// return value: true if the tag needs to be closed later

//

function doInsert(ibTag, ibClsTag, isSingle)
{
var isClose = false;
var obj_ta = fombj.Post;

//----------------------------------------
// It's IE!
if ( (ua_vers >= 4) && is_ie && is_win)
{
 if (obj_ta.isTextEdit)
 {
	 obj_ta.focus();
	 var sel = document.selection;
	 var rng = sel.createRange();
	 rng.colapse;
	 if((sel.type == "Text" || sel.type == "None") && rng != null)
	 {
   if(ibClsTag != "" && rng.text.length > 0)
  	 ibTag += rng.text + ibClsTag;
   else if(isSingle)
  	 isClose = true;

rng.text = ibTag;
	 }
 }
 else
 {
	 if(isSingle)
	 {
   isClose = true;
	 }

obj_ta.value += ibTag;
 }
}
// It's MOZZY!

else if ( obj_ta.selectionEnd )
{ 
 var ss = obj_ta.selectionStart;
 var st = obj_ta.scrollTop;
 var es = obj_ta.selectionEnd;

if (es <= 2)
 {
	 es = obj_ta.textLength;
 }

var start  = (obj_ta.value).substring(0, ss);
 var middle = (obj_ta.value).substring(ss, es);
 var end    = (obj_ta.value).substring(es, obj_ta.textLength);

//-----------------------------------
 // text range?
 //-----------------------------------

if (obj_ta.selectionEnd - obj_ta.selectionStart > 0)
 {
	 middle = ibTag + middle + ibClsTag;
 }
 else
 {
	 middle = ibTag + middle;

if (isSingle)
	 {
   isClose = true;
	 }
 }

obj_ta.value = start + middle + end;

var cpos = ss + (middle.length);

obj_ta.selectionStart = cpos;
 obj_ta.selectionEnd   = cpos;
 obj_ta.scrollTop      = st;

}
// It's CRAPPY!
else
{
 if (isSingle)
 {
	 isClose = true;
 }

obj_ta.value += ibTag;
}

obj_ta.focus();

return isClose;
}

So, is it me or is it you?

Anyone else have this problem? :D

RDN - I'm using firefox and the "clickable Smilies" work fine :D:wub::D

what I do notice though is that if I try and add a smilie into the post after I finished, it will only add at the bottom after the last keystroke.. :o same if I add "size" or "italics" , i have to cut and paste it to the correct place..

totster :D

RDN - I'm using firefox and the "clickable Smilies" work fine  :D  -_-  :wub:

what I do notice though is that if I try and add a smilie into the post after I finished, it will only add at the bottom after the last keystroke..  :o  same if I add "size" or "italics" , i have to cut and paste it to the correct place..

totster  :D

Bugger! I'll have to check my Firefox configuration! :D But thanks for posting - will save george and Invision effort investigating it.

About the "smilies at end of post" problem - it was like that for me before the upgrade. I think that one is a Firefox problem, but not 100% sure. :D

I have the same with firefox 9.3. Smilies and code functions tend to appear at the bottom rather than where I want them to. Tedious cut and paste to correct this.

Anyone know how to avoid this? :o

What do you need to change in the configuration?

I have the same with firefox 9.3. Smilies and code functions tend to appear at the bottom rather than where I want them to. Tedious cut and paste to correct this.

Anyone know how to avoid this? :D

Right ... I reckon I've solved it... :o

When you've finished your post and you want to add a smilie or tag, instead of clicking to the place you want to add it using your mouse, use the cursor keys and move the cursor manually... if that makes sense :D

totster :D

Although saying that... it seems to work now (using the mouse I mean).... sods law I spose :D

The 'My assistant' problem, when the 'Thai forum' appears in the window instead, appears to happen if I click the winamp player for radio bangkok before opening the assistant. If I don't then the assistant appears correctly. :o

Anyone know how to avoid this? :D

Right ... I reckon I've solved it... :o

When you've finished your post and you want to add a smilie or tag, instead of clicking to the place you want to add it using your mouse, use the cursor keys and move the cursor manually... if that makes sense :D

totster :wub:

Although saying that... it seems to work now (using the mouse I mean).... sods law I spose :D

Nah! Still doesn't work for me :D . I have to cut and paste back to where I want the smilie to be. Also, the "Clickable Smilies" don't work for me - I have to click on "Show All" and use them.

I'm using Firefox 1.0PR, Windows XP Pro SP2.

The 'My assistant' problem, when the 'Thai forum' appears in the window instead, appears to happen if I click the winamp player for radio bangkok before opening the assistant. If I don't then the assistant appears correctly. :o

If I hover the mouse pointer pover "My Assistant", I see at the bottom of the page: 'java script:buddy_pop();'

Nothing happens when I click on it. :D

[Firefox 1.0PR Win XP Pro SP2]

If I hover the mouse pointer pover "My Assistant", I see at the bottom of the page: 'java script:buddy_pop();'

I have firefox 0.9.1 and the javascript is called buddy_pop. Just make sure to check this is on to display your assistant

Mozilla Firefox Menu

TOOLS > Options...

Web Features

click on Enable Javascript

If I hover the mouse pointer over "My Assistant", I see at the bottom of the page: 'java script:buddy_pop();'

Nothing happens when I click on it. :o

I have Firefox 0.9.1 and the javascript is called buddy_pop. Just make sure to check this is on to display your assistant

Mozilla Firefox Menu

TOOLS > Options...

Web Features

I already had that setting enabled. So just to make sure, I turned it off and restarted Firefox. Then I turned it on again and re-booted my PC. Still doesn't work. I don't know what else I can do :D

If I hover the mouse pointer over "My Assistant", I see at the bottom of the page: 'java script:buddy_pop();'

Nothing happens when I click on it. :o

I have Firefox 0.9.1 and the javascript is called buddy_pop. Just make sure to check this is on to display your assistant

Mozilla Firefox Menu

TOOLS > Options...

Web Features

I already had that setting enabled. So just to make sure, I turned it off and restarted Firefox. Then I turned it on again and re-booted my PC. Still doesn't work. I don't know what else I can do :D

RDN - I spose you could always uninstall Firefox and then reinstall it, might fix the problem...! :D I'm not having any problems using Firefox.

Totster :D

Mozilla Firefox Menu

TOOLS > Options...

Web Features

I already had that setting enabled. So just to make sure, I turned it off and restarted Firefox. Then I turned it on again and re-booted my PC. Still doesn't work. I don't know what else I can do :wub:

RDN - I spose you could always uninstall Firefox and then reinstall it, might fix the problem...! -_- I'm not having any problems using Firefox.

Totster :(

Good idea. I've nearly got to the end of my 53 'Topic Subscription Reply Notification' emails, so I'll try that next :D:o:D:D

RDN - I spose you could always uninstall Firefox and then reinstall it, might fix the problem...!  :wub:  I'm not having any problems using Firefox.

Totster  -_-

Good idea. I've nearly got to the end of my 53 'Topic Subscription Reply Notification' emails, so I'll try that next :D:o:D:D

Oh dear, didn't work. Mai bpen rai :D

In the JavaScript Console (of Firefox - "Tools/JavaScript Console") I get this error every time I click on a smilie in the "Clickable Smilies" list:

Source File: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/jscripts/ipb_bbcode.js

Line: 352

Surely someone at Invision knows what this is all about?

RDN - I spose you could always uninstall Firefox and then reinstall it, might fix the problem...!  -_-  I'm not having any problems using Firefox.

Totster  :(

Good idea. I've nearly got to the end of my 53 'Topic Subscription Reply Notification' emails, so I'll try that next :D:D:D:D

Oh dear, didn't work. Mai bpen rai :wub:

In the JavaScript Console (of Firefox - "Tools/JavaScript Console") I get this error every time I click on a smilie in the "Clickable Smilies" list:

Source File: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/jscripts/ipb_bbcode.js

Line: 352

Surely someone at Invision knows what this is all about?

what's strange is that you are getting the problem, yet I am not ...!! :o

I'm using Version 1.0 ... same same ?

totster :)