Do Not Buy Anything From Siam Tv Electronic Plaza

peterdigger

Five weeks ago my Thai wife and I purchased a new Mitsubishi air-con from Siam TV Electronic Plaza in Chiang Mai. It blew up after only a week - it had a five year guarantee ! All attempts at getting them to repair it or refund or replace it have failed. Yesterday the guys brought it back - I speak fluent Thai so I asked what they had repaired - their answer "nothing" ! We run Chiang Mai's best locksmiths and if we treated our customers like this we would go broke. The Thai idiot who brought our air-con back yesterday forgot to apply the handbrake and his new pickup rolled backwards and smashed my 4 week old 15000 baht gate - were they interested ? NO ! DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES BUY ANYTHING FROM THIS CRAP COMPANY ! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED !

I hope you were not so pissed off that you forgot to keep his new pick up as security until he made good on the gate and anything else you had coming to you. It was on your property, right?

Too bad you got diverted, the gate was his to deal with 100%. Take a lesson from the police, they always grab the keys first and if you can't do that, let the air out of a tire or two with your buck knife if necessary.

I bought a washing machine and a LCD TV from Siam TV about 2 months ago. They told me that they will send it to my house at 4.00pm that afternoon (I bought the stuff in the morning).I went home happily and anxiously waiting for my stuff to arrive. As hours go by, I kept waiting, up until 5.30pm.I got a bit frustrated then and I ask my girlfriend to give them a call asking what's wrong with their 'promised delivery time'. The operator told my girlfriend that the delivery is on its way. 7pm- still nothing.I've been waiting at home for 3 hours already and I'm losing my patience.I ask my girlfriend to call them again, and yet again, 'it's on the way'.I almost went back to the store asking for a refund.....Finally, the 'magic' truck' carrying my stuff arrives at 8.30pm.I was so pissed that I confronted them, I'm sorry but I just couldn't hold it anymore. I couldn't do anything all afternnon waiitng for them and even have to skip my dinner hour.Their excuses was, 'sorry, but we have alot of delivery and have to deliver to lamphun as well'. My answer: Then, don't fuc_in tell me that you guys will come at 4pm.

So, I'm with you.... SIAM TV...NEVER AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!

My experiences with Siam TV over the years have never been less than good - except when I purchased a Toshiba Combi oven that would not cook properly. Pure headaches, but caused by Toshiba intransigence, not Siam TV. (The oven would not keep anything close to a constant temperature. Set 200Celcius and it would go to 190, drop to 120, back to 180 etc. not reaching the set temperature during 2 hours of testing. Toshiba claimed that was normal! Beware of their products.

Siam TV eventually got Toshiba to replace the oven - but the new one is the same. Useless and a total waste of the (almost) 45K it cost us..

My experiences with Siam TV over the years have never been less than good

I have always had good experiences also.

I can't blame the OP for being angry, but I am wary of these posts that completely condemn businesses that other people swear by. :o

I am also slightly surprised. The (limited) experiences that I've had of Siam TV have always been good. If the OP had told his story without giving the name of the shop, I would have automatically said: "Oh, another Niyom Panich experience" :o

/ Priceless

I bought a washing machine and a LCD TV from Siam TV about 2 months ago. They told me that they will send it to my house at 4.00pm that afternoon (I bought the stuff in the morning).I went home happily and anxiously waiting for my stuff to arrive. As hours go by, I kept waiting, up until 5.30pm.I got a bit frustrated then and I ask my girlfriend to give them a call asking what's wrong with their 'promised delivery time'. The operator told my girlfriend that the delivery is on its way. 7pm- still nothing.I've been waiting at home for 3 hours already and I'm losing my patience.I ask my girlfriend to call them again, and yet again, 'it's on the way'.I almost went back to the store asking for a refund.....Finally, the 'magic' truck' carrying my stuff arrives at 8.30pm.I was so pissed that I confronted them, I'm sorry but I just couldn't hold it anymore. I couldn't do anything all afternnon waiitng for them and even have to skip my dinner hour.Their excuses was, 'sorry, but we have alot of delivery and have to deliver to lamphun as well'. My answer: Then, don't fuc_in tell me that you guys will come at 4pm.

So, I'm with you.... SIAM TV...NEVER AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!

Siam TV.. good or bad... at least u got ur 42 inch LCD, and i have a place to watch Euro 2008!!! :o

The delivery time issue is pretty standard in my experiences here. I simply don't plan much, and I don't get pissed off anymore because it never helps, only hurts me.

The OP sounded very pissed. People who write like that usually tend to exagerate their claims, so I feel there is a lot more to the story, based on my many years of experience with Siam TV.

I have spent 138K Bht there in the last 5 months setting up my place and only had one small problem with a microwave that had a voltage leak into the stainless cabinet

A shocking business solved by their recomendation to fit an earthed wall socket.

So far so good but their stated delivery times are never on time.

Just checked my credit card invoice.

I bought my sound system from them. Delivery a little late. They installed everything, made some mistakes but after that corrected everything without any problem.

I don't have any problem with them also bought my 2 airco's there two years ago. No problem.

wern`t you the one who imported everything??

Further to my story about smashed gates and faulty air-con. We got a call today to say that the guys from Siam TV can not fix the problem as it is too technical (whatever that means) and so Mitsubishi is sending their technician from Bangkok next Monday, which will make it exactly five weeks with no air-con in the bedroom. We live in hope ! Maybe I was a little pissed at the attitude of Siam TV, but I have lived here for over twenty years and I am used to Thai BS. I have never had a problem with Niyom Panich, apart from the same funny delivery hours. My wife tells me that both of these businesses (Siam and Niyom) are owned by wealthy chinese (similar to the ex-P.M.) who care only about $$$, not the customer. Whatever the outcome next week, I will still NEVER buy anything again from Siam TV. As I said earlier, we run a very profitable locksmith business and I believe that customer service is most important - good service means they will tell their friends - bad service means they will tell EVERYONE !

Further to my story about smashed gates and faulty air-con. We got a call today to say that the guys from Siam TV can not fix the problem as it is too technical (whatever that means) and so Mitsubishi is sending their technician from Bangkok next Monday, which will make it exactly five weeks with no air-con in the bedroom. We live in hope ! Maybe I was a little pissed at the attitude of Siam TV, but I have lived here for over twenty years and I am used to Thai BS. I have never had a problem with Niyom Panich, apart from the same funny delivery hours. My wife tells me that both of these businesses (Siam and Niyom) are owned by wealthy chinese (similar to the ex-P.M.) who care only about $, not the customer. Whatever the outcome next week, I will still NEVER buy anything again from Siam TV. As I said earlier, we run a very profitable locksmith business and I believe that customer service is most important - good service means they will tell their friends - bad service means they will tell EVERYONE !

Sorry about the gate, of course. Good grief!

As noted by others, however, I have had nothing but good experiences with Siam TV. My only complaint has been the occasional delay in delivery or repair men showing up, but that's par for the course anywhere I've ever been. A telephonic nudge has brought results. Re repairs, Siam TV has followed up on every job I've had so far, none their fault. One --- not their fault --- was particularly bothersome, and Siam TV actually followed up on getting the right part from Japan! Anytime they haven't been able to handle a job, they have promptly gotten the appropriate brand name service agency.

Otherwise, I must say I do not understand the gratuitous slams about "Thai BS, Chinese businessmen and the former PM.

Otherwise, I must say I do not understand the gratuitous slams about "Thai BS, Chinese businessmen and the former PM.

Most of the Chinese Thais that I do business with are decent human beings that don't take advantage of customers. I must concur. :o

Most of the Chinese Thais that I do business with are decent human beings that don't take advantage of customers. I must concur. :o

From my experience I would be more likely to use a business if I knew it was under Chinese ownership or management. Just my impression but Chinese are better at running things... Still this is Asia where ALL SALES ARE FINAL ;-) Buyer beware !!!

okay not every sale is final but its like pulling teeth trying to get a refund... An exchange maybe but refunds are not so common.

I agree about the Chinese also, I much prefer to deal with Thai-Chinese they are so much more switched on when it comes to business, also my wife is of Chinese ancestry "similar to the ex-P.M." So I would suggest you choose your words with a little more thought.

Edited by solent01

Maybe I've been lucky in that Siam has treated me well over the years both with sales and service. Neom Phanich, on the other hand has mostly disapointed me.

Altho, siam store is much smaller than NP, they seem to have more selection.

The OP's problem with his gate does not relate to the service of Siam. Seems like a simple accident that insurance [theirs] should take care of.

Have purchased all my appliances at either Siam TV Electronic Plaza or Nihom/Saha Panich over the past 17 years; the latter, included vehicles. I have never had a problem with pricing or service from either. I was recently recommending both to a friend newly arrived from the UK, who had already been advised to buy his new plasma TV at Siam TV: he did so and received a bonus TV as well. Most other places in CMai when you have a problem simply tell you to send it to the company outlet in Bangkok, while Siam TV and to a lesser degree Nihom will dispatch a tradesman to your abode. I am too surprised at the OP's negative outburst against 2 institutions which have generally been praised over the years. If one wants a pleasant shopping experience, wherever you are, it pays for you yourself to be pleasant too - IMHO. :o

• 1 year later...
The delivery time issue is pretty standard in my experiences here. I simply don't plan much, and I don't get pissed off anymore because it never helps, only hurts me.

The OP sounded very pissed. People who write like that usually tend to exagerate their claims, so I feel there is a lot more to the story, based on my many years of experience with Siam TV.

Totally agree about Thais being on time. My experience is if you want to meet a Thai somewhere, let's say 3PM, then tell him to be there at 2PM.... There is that 80% chance he will be there at 3PM.... Thais are never on time.,....,..period!!!!

Agree: 8.30pm for a 3pm appointment is on time!

As for preferring Chinese owned businesses. Do you know of any others. I don't know of a single business that is not owned by Chinese Thais. Also singling out Thaksin as a Chinese ex PM. that must be political: Abhisit is Chinese, Samak was Chinese, Chuan Leekpai is Chinese. To my knowledge there has never been an ethnic Thai PM!

- and my wife and son are part Chinese too before anyone has a pop!

One last thing: Pissed = drunk

Pissed off = annoyed

This thread got most confusing in places

Agree... Siam TV is a shit company don't tell me !

They sell nice import stuff but A: they know nothing about it and not able to give good advise B: the service is terrible, I don't go there anymore.

It's just the same kind of highly arrogant company as Nihom Panit who think they own the world, but in reality all staff are totally unskilled people with fake smiles.