Govt Wants To Restore Foreign Tourist Confidence

george

Crime: Murders with firearms (per capita) (Top 100 Countries)

1. South Africa.......0.74 per 1000 people

2. Colombia...........0.52 per 1000 people

3. Thailand............0.31 per 1000 people

http://www.nationmaster.com/graph-T/cri_mur_wit_fir_cap

Total crimes (per capita) (Top 100 Countries)

1. Dominica 112.79 per 1000 people ...

47. Thailand 8.79 per 1000 people

So, in Thailand, there are very few crimes, everyone is happy with their lot, with their position in life, until someone upsets them and they shoot them dead. Must be a lesson to learn here :o:D:D

Under the scheme the government and private travel companies will explain to foreign tourists that the avian flu situation in Thailand has been controlled.

Controlled? Sadly, yet another young girl just died of bird flu (12th victim)... it's spreading throughout different species, eg. tigers... eagles...

How can it be considered controlled?

:o

How can it be considered controlled? :D
http://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory?id=195479[/url] ]Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra vowed to rid Thailand of the disease by the end of October after the country announced its first probable case of human-to-human bird flu transmission last month.

But international experts say the virus appears to be entrenched in the region and is likely to take years to bring under control.

5 days to go :o

No cases of birdflu has been reported in Europe as far as I know. I don't think it's difficult to imagine how some poor sod was paid (for him) a lot of money to take a couple of infected birds from Thailand to Europe, get caught and say he got them in Europe. It would just be one of the kind of ways some people here would try to move the public eye somewhere else.

:o It's not the cold war you know :D

Cheers Mango :D

How can it be considered controlled? :D
http://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory?id=195479[/url] ]Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra vowed to rid Thailand of the disease by the end of October after the country announced its first probable case of human-to-human bird flu transmission last month.

But international experts say the virus appears to be entrenched in the region and is likely to take years to bring under control.

5 days to go :o

Thanks RDN, I wasn't sure where that "countdown" actually stood at... Hmmm... 5 days, then he said he would fire Sudarat and other ministry heads. Will he fulfill on at least this vow?

And while we're on the subject of tourism, lest we forget the South, which just had a massive expansion of trouble only yesterday:

PM Shinawatra will visit the scene after day-long siege of police station ends in bloodshed; curfew imposed in 8 districts. At least six people were killed and more than 20 others injured yesterday when government troops clashed with about 3,000 Muslim protestors in the southern province of Narathiwat.

Troops fired tear gas at demonstrators after they threw stones and other objects into Tak Bai district police station.

Witnesses said they saw troops firing at protesters while officers in charge of dispersing the mob insisted that shots were fired into the air, but not at any human targets.

The bodies of all the men killed bore gunshots wounds.

The fresh outburst of violence prompted Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra to make an emergency visit to the deep South.

More than 1,000 police and soldiers were mobilised to bring the protest under control.

This escalation is BOUND to spread soon or later from just effecting the Deep South. :D

does that mean i should close my ligitimate businesses that i have spent years building here and move because they are implementing these rash new laws...

Yes,

If you want things that are not within the laws of Thailand.

If you are unable to adapt to the changes that take place within Thailand.

I cannot see any alternative.

This is not a close minded view, it is just a realistic one.

The Thai government will not change its policies because a few Farang want to drink a few hours longer.

What time do the Pubs close in England?

There has been no case of the bird flu disease being passed from animals to human, the director of the command centre for bird flu, Dr. Charal Trinvuthipong told TNA on Friday.

The 5th fatality was confirmed today 26th Oct, a girl who died on the 19th.

4 days before his statement!!

When will these politicians remember to remove foot from mouth before

making a statement?

Govt wants to restore foreign tourist confidence 

They can start by re-opening discos later.

And now, 78 protesters died in trucks while being transported to an army camp. Suffocated it appears. What the f*** is going on in this country?

Will the last tourist please turn out the lights? :o

Do you think this is the Thai's feelings in general or just the Thai goverments feelings?

Its called manipulation. :o

e.g. using restrictive, one way information to controll people by using one`s power,influence and unfair metods to lead the people the way you want them to think. :D

i.e. it was the Thai governments feeling and are now already the General

Thai`s feelings.

:D

Why would a typical tourist ie: family or even friends wish to come to Thailand ATM.

There are far more safer places to take your family, believe me. Even though it's pretty safe here the recent press about the South will concern foreigners who Know nothing about Thailand. Phucket, Samui and krabi are all in the south. Why take a risk?

If a few mates are looking for a good time the drinking times will concern them. ###### why not party in Singapore or Aus or even Europe it means you can drink all you like, all night.

So it's cheap here for stuff and the weathers good, thats the only upside if you are unaware of the delights here and the lovely people.

Well the way it's going one small bomb in Bangkok will kill all interest overnight.