Nokia 6600 Folding Mobile Phone (new Model)

PattayaDavid

I'm looking at purchasing the new Nokia 6600 folding mobile phone.  It is a new model and I've read varying reports as to whether it is yet available in Thailand.  Has anyone seen this model?  I only found one link in Thailand that displays this model in it's catalog.  

http://www.siamphone.com/catalog/nokia/6600_fold.htm

Thanks,

Pattayadavid

Edited by PattayaDavid

I'm looking at purchasing the new Nokia 6600 folding mobile phone. It is a new model and I've read varying reports as to whether it is yet available in Thailand. Has anyone seen this model? I only found one link in Thailand that displays this model in it's catalog.

http://www.siamphone.com/catalog/nokia/6600_fold.htm

Thanks,

Pattayadavid

i have never seen or heard of a Nokia 6600 untill i saw this post, it is a nice phone reminded me of the 6131 i bought last year, well nice phone unfortunatly it couldnt do the basic things of connecting easily with a computor and the more i looked the more many was having sync or similar problems!

i just googled "Nokia 6600 problem" to see if it had a good write up and it instantley put me off, in fact i was glad when my mate spilt a bottle of chang on it!

chris

FWIW, Nokia are reusing model numbers albeit with the addition of suffixes like "Classic", "Slide", "Prism" and "Fold" ("Brick" remains unused, waiting for "Candy Bar") and, so while there was a Nokia 6600 (introduced in 2004-ish) it is discontinued. Perhaps this was the model that funfun has been put off of?

The 6600 Fold looks to be an option for 3G with DTAC (850)? Also it would roam on Vodafone's network in Japan (2100), T-Mo/AT&T's networks in the U.S.A. (1900), and of course all the GSM voice networks.

Yeah, when you Google this phone, you have to add fold or folding, slide etc. to the 6600 or you will be directed to the old model. I'm kind of inpressed with the single button push that then uses electromagnetic force to smoothly open. I am also interested in viewing the new OLED display screen. I would like to compare it with my present Sony-Eriksson TFT LCD display screen. I'm going to go searching for it today, but I suspect that it will be another month until it is available. Some sites say that it is available as of April 29th and other sites state that it will be available in Q3 2008. Thanks for everyones views and assistance.

Pattayadavid