New Nokia 6600 Folding Mobile Phone

PattayaDavid

I'm looking at purchasing the new Nokia 6600 folding mobile phone.  It is a new model and I've read varying reports as to whether it is yet available in Thailand.  Has anyone seen this model in and around Pattaya?  I only found one link in Thailand that displays this model in it's catalog.  

http://www.siamphone.com/catalog/nokia/6600_fold.htm

Thanks,

Pattayadavid

The Siamphone link indicated a price of 13,500 baht (275 Euros), but it could be more once all of the taxes and such are added. I guess I may have to go with a different model. I was planning to buy it for the misses birthday which is only a couple of days from now. I was also considering the Nokia N76, but I've read many reviews of people complaining that the chrome paint peels off rather rapidly. I think I will go down to TUKCOM and maybe the Big C Festival shopping center tomorrow and inquire as to it's availability date.

Thanks,

David

I'm looking at purchasing the new Nokia 6600 folding mobile phone. It is a new model and I've read varying reports as to whether it is yet available in Thailand. Has anyone seen this model in and around Pattaya? I only found one link in Thailand that displays this model in it's catalog.

Thanks,

Pattayadavid

http://www.jaymart.co.th/product_and_servi...Brandname=Nokia

I'm looking at purchasing the new Nokia 6600 folding mobile phone. It is a new model and I've read varying reports as to whether it is yet available in Thailand. Has anyone seen this model in and around Pattaya? I only found one link in Thailand that displays this model in it's catalog.

Thanks,

Pattayadavid

http://www.jaymart.co.th/product_and_servi...Brandname=Nokia

That Nokia is an older phone with apparently the same model number :o

The OP is looking for Nokia 6600 FOLD & SLIDE which is to be released third quarter of 2008.

-redwood

and every time its going better and better phone.

i have only 1.3 Megapix camera in my 2-years-old Nokia 8800.

How many pix camera in 6600?

Maybe 3,4 or even 5??

Well the pixels are not everything. If you want a decent cam with 5 MP and a real Xenon Flash, you have to have the N82.

That one comes rather close to a conventional digital cam (plus GPS and Image Tagging, which is a nice feature).

However: 18,000 - 20,000 Bht !

Cheers

Moo9

Ive just bought a new Nokia N81 - lovely phone but I would have preferred an N96 .. Anyone know when they are coming out in Thailand? Also, the camera on the N81 is not very good at all in low light - Anyone else with an N81 notice this? I expected it to be better..

The Nokia 6600 Folding is not yet available in Thailand; I was told maybe 2 or 3 months. I ended up buying the Motorola RAZR 2 V9, a very slim and well built phone; the wife loves it. Thanks for everybody's help.

Pattayadavid

Try China-mobile-phone.com for good spec mobiles at very cheap prices. I have a old Nokia N72 which I use for access to the internet - never had a problem with the phone or internet access with it. Anyway, my friend bought a mobile from the above site about 6 weeks ago and was pleasantly surprised at the quality and is perfectly happy with his purchase.

The Nokia 6600 Folding is not yet available in Thailand; I was told maybe 2 or 3 months. I ended up buying the Motorola RAZR 2 V9, a very slim and well built phone; the wife loves it. Thanks for everybody's help.

Pattayadavid

I normally use GSM Arena when comparing phones. The Motorola you bought has a better rating than the Nokia. How much did you pay for the phone?

Pattayadavid

I normally use GSM Arena when comparing phones. The Motorola you bought has a better rating than the Nokia. How much did you pay for the phone?

I shopped at both the Festival Big C shopping center on 2nd road and at Tukcom and found prices ranging from 13,900 to 15,900.  Most of the models are clad in black.  My wife liked the reddish color that is depicted on most websites.  When I asked about this color, most vendors told me that it wasn't available in Thailand, only the black.  At the shops in Festival Big C shopping center, they only had the black color available and the best price I received was 13,900 with no extras; it comes standard with a 512MB MicroSD card.  Initially, the prices quoted to me at Tukcom were even higher, however after really searching around, I found the red colored model for sale.   The shop initially were asking for 14,500, but I was able to get the phone for 14,000 with them throwing in a 2GB MicroSD card in addition to the 512MB that came standard with the phone.  Most of the shops will offer to substitute the 512MB for a 2GB card for a little more money.

You can get the RAZR2 V8 model in both black and in a really dark midnight blue (blue-black) color.  the main differences between the V8 and the V9 is the lack of 3G and no removable memory card.  The V8 can be purchased in the 512MB or 2GB versions of fixed internal memory.  The V8 was selling for 9,900 baht with little to no negotiation depending on what shop I visited.  I hope that this helps.

Pattayadavid

I fancy a Nokia N96 eventualy. I heard the cam is excellent and the quality of pictures superb - but for now i am gonna stick with my pocket pc, until i wear it out, that is.

Google the Nokia N98, soon to be released.  It is similar to the N96, however some of the features offered are not so much better, but different.  It just depends on what you like in a phone.  I'm looking for a 3G along with Wi-Fi phone with a large screen for internet surfing.  I'm waiting to see what the new Apple iPhone 3G model offers before I make a new purchase.

Pattayadavid