Uni Teachers, Instructors, Lecturers, Etc. --- What Is Your Work Permit Title?

This is something I've been curious about for a while now.

There seems to be no uniformity in classifying one's Work Permit title for a uni job. Some are titled lecturers while others are teachers, professors, instructors and so on.

What is your title as written on your Work Permit in Thai translated into English?

Thanks.

Edited by mopenyang

Mine translates to Foreign Professor.

Hello mopenyang

I have copied your work permit job title/description in Thai from the other thread.

อาจารย์สอนภาษาอังกฤษ(สอนภาษาอังกฤษ ให้คำแนะนำปรึกษาเกี่ยวกับการใช้ภาษาอังกฤษแก่นิสิตนักศึกษา)

Your translation is erroneous. A better translation would be "English language teacher (Teaching English language. Advising and being a consultant on the use of English for university students)

The phrase "Foreign Professor" would translate as "ศาสตราจารย์ต่างชาติ" "Satrajarn Tangchart".

I appreciate that the title "Foreign Professor" appears on your university ID but it is not a translation of your job description in your work permit.

I hope this is of assistance.

Briggsy.

Your translation is erroneous. A better translation would be "English language teacher (Teaching English language. Advising and being a consultant on the use of English for university students)

The phrase "Foreign Professor" would translate as "ศาสตราจารย์ต่างชาติ" "Satrajarn Tangchart".

I was wondering when someone was going to correct this. I was planning to but forgot about the topic. Anyway, my WP title is Foreign Expert and my university title is Senior Researcher (ID Card).

I am told that my work permit says "English Teacher". The job description says that I teach English to undergraduate students.

As posted by Briggsy mine says exactly อาจารย์สอนภาษาอังกฤษ for the position.

For the job description mine also says สอนภาษาอังกฤษ followed by some characters that are different than what Briggsy posted which I have no way of duplicating right now.

FWIW...

I would imagine that there are some number of standard position/occupation/profession and job descriptions that the MOL uses on all work permits.But, then again....