Nada Nico!

cluezo

Today I celebrate my second year of being nicotine free - after 30 years of smoking. Never felt better. Amazing thing is - it was soooooo easy! Cold turkey. The first few days, as I recall, were a little tough. Then I visited a freind in the Rayong Hospital who was dying of lung cancer - 54 years old. Smoked 2 packs a day since being a teenager. He had an oxygen mask on his face when I saw him. He managed to pull it off and with dried spittle on his lips, begged me to sneak in just one cigarette for him - he would smoke it in the wee hours. I just stared at him - a bright, charming, witty guy begging me for a cig. I refused, of course. He was dead two days later. That image remained with me for a long time time. I do not want to go out like that. If you smoke, get an attitude - stay tough. In a matter of days, that nasty habit could be gone from your life forever. Easy.

Today I celebrate my second year of being nicotine free - after 30 years of smoking. Never felt better. Amazing thing is - it was soooooo easy! Cold turkey. The first few days, as I recall, were a little tough. Then I visited a freind in the Rayong Hospital who was dying of lung cancer - 54 years old. Smoked 2 packs a day since being a teenager. He had an oxygen mask on his face when I saw him. He managed to pull it off and with dried spittle on his lips, begged me to sneak in just one cigarette for him - he would smoke it in the wee hours. I just stared at him - a bright, charming, witty guy begging me for a cig. I refused, of course. He was dead two days later. That image remained with me for a long time time. I do not want to go out like that. If you smoke, get an attitude - stay tough. In a matter of days, that nasty habit could be gone from your life forever. Easy.

Have to disagree. It's not easy. But it can be done. It will seem hard at first. But you soon get over it. Trust me i know. 5 months have passed from when i quit.