Wind Power Udon?

ray23

My gut tells me we don't have enough wind here to use this.

Anyone know how much wind a turbine would need to supply a house with Aircon, ect?

How would you determine what the average winds are here?

I did locate a solar manufactor in Korat, but unfortunately they don't have a distributor in Thailand.

There site mentioned selling power back to the electric compnay I know about this in the states but have not heard of it in Thailand.

Hybrid system using wind, solar & grid combination.

Neither solar, or wind are really viable if you are buying a "commercial" system - way too expensive - ten to fifteen years or more to recoup cost.

Solar will remain cost prohibitive for the forseeable future.

However.....

If you are very technically (with a good understanding of electronics) minded and a good handyman - building your own wind system is easily viable.

As to how much energy you can collect from the wind.

Layman observation for Udon. - If medium to large flags fly straight for more than 150 days per year you can make a (home made) grid connected wind system pay for itself in maybe two and a half years.

Something to look at for the DIY guy.

Cheers,

Soundman. :o

My gut tells me we don't have enough wind here to use this.

Anyone know how much wind a turbine would need to supply a house with Aircon, ect?

How would you determine what the average winds are here?

I did locate a solar manufactor in Korat, but unfortunately they don't have a distributor in Thailand.

There site mentioned selling power back to the electric compnay I know about this in the states but have not heard of it in Thailand.

Never seems to be windy in Udon,just the odd day, lived in Korat for a year, lots of windy days.

What about the small wind turbines people put on the stern of boats, might be available in Thailand.

Regards.

Thats what I'm seeing here I actually lived in an area in the states, where there are a lot of them Palm Springs the Pass that enters the desert always has wind and they are very effective there. Actually supply commercial power. You can actually go the different wind farms as they are called and see the progression of industry. From types you would have seen that were used to pump water on cattle ranches years back. To the modern giant devices.

I think I will check the Thai weather site an see if I can find the average wind in the area.

I checked the site certianly looks doable, beyond me but there are some very sharp Thai around that I'm sure could get it done here.