- Tourist Statistics 2004 -

bollox

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my uncle-in-law Paddy from Co. Laoise shouted 'tutsi!...you got to pull over!...I got to have me a drink in a place that has a picture of Nessie out front.' He was a water diviner and clairvoyant and Nessie was of special interest.

:o:D:D I like this line.

I never noticed this bar when i was there but i was staying in Inverness and travelling all around the highlands (lovely part of the world) i will look for it if i am ever back there in the future.

The British far outnumber their European counterparts with a staggering 365,000 Britons visiting Thailand from January to June 2004

The reason that so many Brits visit Thailand is that they don't have go-go bars in their own country. Whilst we in America have many, so don't need to travel so often. I feel sorry for the Brits because most of their girls are fat and have very bad teeth. Why do the Brits suffer with such bad teeth, is it inherited?

You obviously have'nt seen the women in your own country then :o

Surely there is no excuse. The Europeans can aslo simply go to Southern Europe for nice beaches and ski in Austria

Can you find bloody ladyboys, tuktuks, patthai, massive temples in Cancun? :D

So, I assume you are into ladyboys !

Just kidding, mate :o

On a serious note....it doesn't seem strange at all that the Brits rank first amongst the travellers to Thailand. After all, the country's got quite a huge population (ie. compared to most of the other European countries), has a healthy economy (for instance, even people considered 'low-income earner' in the U.K. can easily afford a trip to Thailand at least once a year......there are many great bargain fares from over there) and also I believe that over there, Thailand's promotion as a 'great holiday destination' is very effective.

And...to all these, add the factor of 'miserable U.K. weather' :D

Cheers,

Jem

...4.  The British far outnumber their European counterparts with a staggering 365,000 Britons visiting Thailand from January to June 2004  :o .  The Germans came second at 240,000 ...

I think the British come mainly because of the different climate; then for the good food and - last but not least - because of the beautiful Thai ladies :D

On a serious note....it doesn't seem strange at all that the Brits rank first amongst the travellers to Thailand. After all, the country's got quite a huge population (ie. compared to most of the other European countries), has a healthy economy (for instance, even people considered 'low-income earner' in the U.K. can easily afford a trip to Thailand at least once a year......there are many great bargain fares from over there) and also I believe that over there, Thailand's promotion as a 'great holiday destination' is very effective.

And...to all these, add the factor of 'miserable U.K. weather' :o

Cheers,

Jem

Good post Jem.

The British far outnumber their European counterparts with a staggering 365,000 Britons visiting Thailand from January to June 2004

The reason that so many Brits visit Thailand is that they don't have go-go bars in their own country. Whilst we in America have many, so don't need to travel so often. I feel sorry for the Brits because most of their girls are fat and have very bad teeth. Why do the Brits suffer with such bad teeth, is it inherited?

You obviously have'nt seen the women in your own country then :o

oh, please, if your going to generalize, then you have to admit that we generally have better teeth. Come on, even the majority of Brits take the mickey out of us for that one.

My new Avatar charcter that is!
I would never say to a Yank, I come from Drumnadrochit, and expect them to know where it is.

Why, isn't that near Hamptershireford? :o

Nope - I heard it was just outside Worsestershireville, where the sauce comes from. :D

You obviously have'nt seen the women in your own country then :D

oh, please, if your going to generalize, then you have to admit that we generally have better teeth. Come on, even the majority of Brits take the mickey out of us for that one.

Yeah, rows of shiney, even, pearly, grinny, ARRRRGGGGHHHHHH!!!! Even Satan can't conjure up an image THAT frightening! :o

Bograt- hmmm another educated source who watched Austin Powers too much. Try visiting UK and you'll find that you are full of sh&*e!

Kind offer but no thanks, I'm happy in my Pattaya condo overlooking the bay with the company of a different go-go girl everynight. The UK is a country of fat miserable ugly people with rotten teeth who have to wait about 18 months before they can get a hospital appointment. The weather stinks & it's a haven to illegal immigrants. ###### we saved you guys <deleted> in two world wars & now look at the state of the place. Should have let the krauts invade, they would have sorted things out overthere.

Bograt- hmmm another educated source who watched Austin Powers too much. Try visiting UK and you'll find that you are full of sh&*e!

Kind offer but no thanks, I'm happy in my Pattaya condo overlooking the bay with the company of a different go-go girl everynight. The UK is a country of fat miserable ugly people with rotten teeth who have to wait about 18 months before they can get a hospital appointment. The weather stinks & it's a haven to illegal immigrants. ###### we saved you guys <deleted> in two world wars & now look at the state of the place. Should have let the krauts invade, they would have sorted things out overthere.

Ahem! The Russians beat the krauts in WW2, the US contribution stopped Stalin from conquering Europe and the UK. Many thanks, and all that, but try to get it right. Keeping us supplied was also warmly welcomed. As for the comment about fat ugly people, I always enjoy seeing US tourists in the UK. Do please deposit your bucks in our pockets. :o

English...British...British...English.......In the grand scheme of things , it the same difference....  :o  :D

I can think of a few Scots who'll 'happily' perform 'conversion therapy' upon THAT attitude. :D

I saw "Bravehart", I 'm not afraid in the slightest... :D

English...Scottish...Welsh...Irish.......British! :wub::D

Come on now people, lets all be nice here. No reason to start insulting each other. I am an American and I like everyone from the UK whether they be British, Irish, Scottish, etc etc. We are all here because we share a common bond between the lot of us, Thailand.

Besides, you guys are going off topic.

I bet the Thai Immigration people are having a great laugh at this thread. Starts off with Tourist Statistics, and ends up with tourists squabbling about who's got the worst teeth and who's fattest! :o:D:D

Back to the original post.... these guys have got it right:

Surely the reason that the British travel abroad more than Americans is because the British live on a small island. America is pretty isolated and is also a huge country with many different landscapes and climates within it's borders. A New Yorker who wishes to vacation on a Beach resort can go to California, if he wishes to ski he can go to Aspin, if he wants naughty nightlife and gambling he can go to vegas. With such a wide variety of holiday destinations available within the US I think it's quite understandable that the majority of US citizens do not need a passport. Let's be honest, the vast majority of British citizens do not travel outside of their own continent for their vacations.

.......It's more of convience, expense, and time. Why would most Americans travel all the way to Thailand traveling a day in the air, when one can easily go to Hawaii? No need for Passports, etc.....

PLUS, it's a lot cheaper and quicker to go to Spain or Italy or even the Canaries for some "guaranteed" sunshine, than to come to Thailand. :D

QUOTE(konangrit @ Tue 2004-10-26, 04:08:08)

Surely the reason that the British travel abroad more than Americans is because the British live on a small island. America is pretty isolated and is also a huge country with many different landscapes and climates within it's borders. A New Yorker who wishes to vacation on a Beach resort can go to California, if he wishes to ski he can go to Aspin, if he wants naughty nightlife and gambling he can go to vegas. With such a wide variety of holiday destinations available within the US I think it's quite understandable that the majority of US citizens do not need a passport. Let's be honest, the vast majority of British citizens do not travel outside of their own continent for their vacations.

The British have to travel to get away from thier god dam awful country, they are a sex-starved bunch of limeys. It's as simple as that.

"America is pretty isolated", only an english tosser could write such uninformed drivel... isolated from what exactly? America is the world centre of civilisation, freedom & democracy.

bogbrush said

we saved you guys <deleted> in two world wars & now look at the state of the place. Should have let the krauts invade, they would have sorted things out overthere.

you seem to have forgotten that it was the british who invented america.

and whilst it is true that your soldiers gave us a bit of a hand in destroying fritz , your military these days is a bit of a sad joke. what with mogadishu , vietnam , cambodia,iraq , etc.etc.etc. all brawn and no brain.

whenever there is a crisis in a country that would benefit from some diplomatic and sympathetic help , you can rely on the americans to come along six months too late bomb the sh1t out of the country next door. subtle you aint.

america has given the world such worthy items as levi jeans , 1950's buick roadmasters , frank zappa and neil young , but unfortunately little else.

your pathetic slagging off of blighty merely highlights the increasing insecurity of americans these days as they realise that they are slowly becoming yesterdays people. :o

The British have to travel to get away from thier god dam awful country, they are a sex-starved bunch of limeys. It's as simple as that.

"America is pretty isolated", only an english tosser could write such uninformed drivel... isolated from what exactly? America is the world centre of civilisation, freedom & democracy.

Civilisation is all over the place, central to the US it ain't.

We still have the 'freedom' to criticise our government's handling of the Iraq situation; I gather it was made illegal over there. Very democratic.

Come on now people, lets all be nice here. ...

Besides, you guys are going off topic.

Absolutely right.

And <deleted> is not the one who is talking <deleted>. It's you lot !

How is it that <deleted> can't spell <deleted>? :o

<deleted> is <deleted> & <deleted> is <deleted>

Dickie is a dick & a dick is Dickie :D

English...British...British...English.......In the grand scheme of things , it the same difference....  :o  :D

I can think of a few Scots who'll 'happily' perform 'conversion therapy' upon THAT attitude. :D

I saw "Bravehart", I 'm not afraid in the slightest... :D

English...Scottish...Welsh...Irish.......British! :wub::D

You are partly right. Scottish, English , Welsh and Irish(northern) Are grouped as British as we come from The Britsh Isles. But you should never tell a Scotsman, Welshman or Irish that they are ENGLISH! Thats a no no.