- Tourist Statistics 2004 -

bollox

Enough with the America Bashing already.

Can't we all just get along ? :o

Narachon it won't end The US is the bully to the world according to some people!!! Maybe because those people that say this have no backbone.

I am tired of the America Bashing also Funny how much of a Bully we are and millions pour into the country legally and illegally. :D

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you looked at a map of the world recently? To the East, the Atlantic, to the West, the Pacific. Even South America is in a different hemisphere to the US.

If you feel that Americans are so great and the English are tossers then why do you use the English spelling of centre and not the US spelling of center?

Comments like yours are what inflame people to America bash, maybe that's your intention, your use of language makes me think it is unlikely that you are a US citizen. Besides, the ancient Egyptians had civilization 7 millenia ago and the Athenians were practicing democracy 2500 years ago. Neither are by any stretch of the imagination a US invention. As for freedom, I don't see why the US should be considered any more or less free than most other first world countries.

"America is pretty isolated", only an english tosser could write such uninformed drivel... isolated from what exactly? America is the world centre of civilisation, freedom & democracy.

Touche' except....different spelling, different point :D

Centre= Old French spelling, too. :D

I always had the impression that the Brits didn't care much for the French- except for their language.... And the Ticklers, I suppose :o

And, no, I'm not bashing anyone- plenty of pricks and good guys everywhere. I'm just playin' ... :D

Edited by Ajarn

English...British...British...English.......In the grand scheme of things , it the same difference....  :o  :D

I can think of a few Scots who'll 'happily' perform 'conversion therapy' upon THAT attitude. :D

I saw "Bravehart", I 'm not afraid in the slightest... -_-

English...Scottish...Welsh...Irish.......British! :(:D

You are partly right. Scottish, English , Welsh and Irish(northern) Are grouped as British as we come from The Britsh Isles. But you should never tell a Scotsman, Welshman or Irish that they are ENGLISH! Thats a no no.

And while we're at it.... make sure you make the distinction between "Northern Irish" who are british and "Irish" who are not. :D

totster :wub:

"As for freedom, I don't see why the US should be considered any more or less free than most other first world countries."

well for a start we are citizens & you are mere subjects... subjects of an in-bred dysfunctional monarchy...

"As for freedom, I don't see why the US should be considered any more or less free than most other first world countries."

well for a start we are citizens & you are mere subjects... subjects of an in-bred dysfunctional monarchy...

Most other first world countries are not monarchies either. I'm a citizen too, a British citizen who is free to smoke Cuban cigars unlike US citizens.

English...British...British...English.......In the grand scheme of things , it the same difference....  :o  :D

I can think of a few Scots who'll 'happily' perform 'conversion therapy' upon THAT attitude. :D

I saw "Bravehart", I 'm not afraid in the slightest... -_-

English...Scottish...Welsh...Irish.......British! :(:D

You are partly right. Scottish, English , Welsh and Irish(northern) Are grouped as British as we come from The Britsh Isles. But you should never tell a Scotsman, Welshman or Irish that they are ENGLISH! Thats a no no.

So is that the same as asking if someone from southern Narathiwat province is Thai? :D:wub:

I saw "Bravehart", I 'm not afraid in the slightest... :)

English...Scottish...Welsh...Irish.......British!

And while we're at it.... make sure you make the distinction between "Northern Irish" who are british and "Irish" who are not. :D

totster :(

Goodness.... It sounds like the United Kingdom is really a group of seperate kingdoms ? :wub::D-_-

Goodness.... It sounds like the United Kingdom is really a group of seperate kingdoms ? :wub::D-_-

Well you may LOL, but at least we are united under one flag with allegiance to it. Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland are part of the Union and as such the government treats us all equally as opposed to the events as seen in Thailand as seen in the last week.

Funny how the most economically disadvantaged area in Thailand also happens to be the one with the Muslim population in it, or is that just coincidence. Are some Thais more equal than others??

Well you may LOL, but at least we are united under one flag with allegiance to it. Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland are part of the Union and as such the government treats us all equally as opposed to the events as seen in Thailand as seen in the last week.

Funny how the most economically disadvantaged area in Thailand also happens to be the one with the Muslim population in it, or is that just coincidence. Are some Thais more equal than others??

It's right, y'know. Though I can get a lot of stick from the other three people in the UK I would be surprised/dismayed when, in a situation, they wouldn't stand and say "He's one of us!". I would do the same for them because we're THE Brits, regardless of our physical ancestory.

Fair comment, but you don't have to look back too many decades to see similar problems with the UK armed forces against seperatists in Northern Ireland. Even now there are many people in NI who are British citizens who would quite happily see a Brit in a bad situation and not help out.

I think there are many similarities and lessons to be learnt between the problems that the UK encountered in NI and the problems Thailand is currently encountering in the south.

I do agree with your basic point, though. Most Brits excluding Irish nationilsts will stick up for each other if there is a problem with another nationality. I'm English though, so maybe I'm being idealistic. Any Scots or Welsh agree with this? Personally I think the piss taking is just good humoured banter. When up against it we come together, just look at any time of war, WWII to present. :o

When it comes down to it yes- we will support one another. However Celtic origins Scots, Welsh, Irish are more tightly associated than with English. For the most part we wind one another up, but when the S&*te comes we are all united.

Except when in Thailand!......My experience has been generally that if you are in trouble then you fellow countryman is usually the first to leg it out the door in case he's next.

When it comes down to it yes- we will support one another. However Celtic origins Scots, Welsh, Irish are more tightly associated than with English. For the most part we wind one another up, but when the S&*te comes we are all united.

Except when in Thailand!......My experience has been generally that if you are in trouble then you fellow countryman is usually the first to leg it out the door in case he's next.

what... Really .... ? :o

totster :D

I do agree with your basic point, though. Most Brits excluding Irish nationilsts will stick up for each other if there is a problem with another nationality. I'm English though, so maybe I'm being idealistic. Any Scots or Welsh agree with this? Personally I think the piss taking is just good humoured banter. When up against it we come together, just look at any time of war, WWII to present. 

From a Scots point of view, I think most of us here in Thailand would stick up for fellow farangs, but equally for Americans, Finnish etc. than the English. There is no love for the English where I come from. The English nobs buying all their country cottages in rural Scotland - pushing the prices way above the locals budget. I guess that is what the Thais are scared of making it difficult for us "wealthy" foreigners buying land.

There is a lot of good-humoured banter between the Scots and English, but it sometimes goes deeper than that.

I can also empathise with the Isarn people with their thoughts of the Bangkok people, especially the Govt. Remember what Thatcher did to Scotland with the Poll Tax, Nuclear Dumping etc etc.

Some Thai friends also ask why I don't want England to win a football match. I think ALL Scots and possibly Welsh and Irish would be the same.

From a Scots point of view, I think most of us here in Thailand would stick up for fellow farangs, but equally for Americans, Finnish etc. than the English. There is no love for the English where I come from....

It's a pity that the Scots, Welsh and Irish have such long memories. Anyone would think that it was OUR generation of English people that treated them so badly.

I remember Archie Gemmill's goal against Holland in '78 - and was hoping they (Scotland) would win. I find it very sad that the Scots actually don't want England to win their matches. Some Scots have a big chip on their shoulders.

Look at how many Scots are in the UK Government's cabinet - 30%. Look how many Scots are MPs in English constituencies - 75? And look how many English people are MPs in Scottish constituencies (I don't know, but I think it's close to zero).

My point is, the English don't give a da.mn about where people come from. I don't, anyway. But the Scots, (and Welsh , not sure about the Northern Irish), they need to get over it and move on. :o

remember Archie Gemmill's goal against Holland in '78 - and was hoping they (Scotland) would win. I find it very sad that the Scots actually don't want England to win their matches. Some Scots have a big chip on their shoulders.

And what a goal!!

remember Archie Gemmill's goal against Holland in '78 - and was hoping they (Scotland) would win. I find it very sad that the Scots actually don't want England to win their matches. Some Scots have a big chip on their shoulders.
And what a goal!!

A slalom skier would've been proud of that movement! :o

Well you may LOL, but at least we are united under one flag with allegiance to it.  Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland are part of the Union and as such the government treats us all equally as opposed to the events as seen in Thailand as seen in the last week.

I LOL'd so hard that my head nearly fell of. The UK being united under one flag eh! Just how did that come about then? Did the people of each country vote in free and fair elections? Did they my arse. I seem to recall that Wales, Scotland and Ireland were subdued under the 'jack boots' of the English and forced to join a union that even to this day they hate to be reminded. Why is it do you think that the Welsh, Scots. & Irish hate the English so much? Get real buddy. The English have never treated the other guys fairly or equally, hence the rebellious nature of each of those countries. You Brits. kill me, you still think you have an empire and influence in the world when in fact you are fast becoming a 'banana economy'.

God bless America and George W. Bush! (4 more years)

Well you may LOL, but at least we are united under one flag with allegiance to it.  Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland are part of the Union and as such the government treats us all equally as opposed to the events as seen in Thailand as seen in the last week.

I LOL'd so hard that my head nearly fell of. The UK being united under one flag eh! Just how did that come about then? Did the people of each country vote in free and fair elections? Did they my arse. I seem to recall that Wales, Scotland and Ireland were subdued under the 'jack boots' of the English and forced to join a union that even to this day they hate to be reminded. Why is it do you think that the Welsh, Scots. & Irish hate the English so much? Get real buddy. The English have never treated the other guys fairly or equally, hence the rebellious nature of each of those countries. You Brits. kill me, you still think you have an empire and influence in the world when in fact you are fast becoming a 'banana economy'.

God bless America and George W. Bush! (4 more years)

Go to Google, enter miserable failure and click "I'm feeling lucky".

NB Credit to The Scouser

Hey, I'm not trying to bash Americans here. I don't hate Americans ... they have some good points ... like building Disneyland and being able to buy beer at the gas station. These are just some dumb remarks that happened to have been said by Americans. I'm not judging Americans as a whole ... except maybe for voting for Bush as president, I mean come on!

Why Americans should never be allowed to travel

The following are actual stories provided by travel agents:

* I had someone ask for an aisle seats so that his or her hair wouldn't get messed up by being near the window.

*A client called in inquiring about a package to Hawaii. After going over all the cost info, she asked, "Would it be cheaper to fly to California and then take the train to Hawaii?"

* I got a call from a woman who wanted to go to Capetown. I started to explain the length of the flight and the passport information when she interrupted me with "I'm not trying to make you look stupid, but Capetown is in Massachusetts. "Without trying to make her look like the stupid one, I calmly explained, "Capecod is in Massachusetts, Capetown is in Africa." Her response ... click.

* A man called, furious about a Florida package we did. I asked what was wrong with the vacation in Orlando. He said he was expecting an ocean-view room. I tried to explain that is not possible, since Orlando is in the middle of the state. He replied, "Don't lie to me. I looked on the map and Florida is a very thin state."

* I got a call from a man who asked, "Is it possible to see England from Canada?" I said, "No." He said "But they look so close on the map."

* Another man called and asked if he could rent a car in Dallas. When I pulled up the reservation, I noticed he had a 1-hour lay over in Dallas. When I asked him why he wanted to rent a car, he said, "I heard Dallas was a big airport, and I need a car to drive between the gates to save time."

* A nice lady just called. She needed to know how it was possible that her flight from Detroit left at 8:20am and got into Chicago at 8:33am. I tried to explain that Michigan was an hour ahead of llinois, but she could not understand the concept of time zones. Finally I told her the plane went very fast, and she bought that!

* A woman called and asked, "Do airlines put your physical description on your bag so they know who's luggage belongs to who?" I said, "No, why do you ask?" She replied, "Well, when I checked in with the airline, they put a tag on my luggage that said FAT, and I'm overweight, is there any connection?" After putting her on hold for a minute while I "looked into it" (I was actually laughing) I came back and explained the city code for Fresno is FAT, and that the airline was just putting a destination tag on her luggage.

* I just got off the phone with a man who asked, "How do I know which plane to get on?" I asked him what exactly he meant, which he replied, "I was told my flight number is 823, but none of these darn planes have numbers on them."

* "A woman called and said, "I need to fly to Pepsi-cola on one of those computer planes." I asked if she meant to fly to Pensacola on a commuter plane. She said, "Yeah, whatever."

* A businessman called and had a question about the documents he needed in order to fly to China. After a lengthy discussion about passports, I reminded him he needed a visa. "Oh no I don't, I've been to China many times and never had to have one of those." I double checked and sure enough, his stay required a visa. When I told him this he said, "Look, I've been to China four times and every time they have accepted my American Express."

A woman called to make reservations, "I want to go from Chicago to Hippopotamus, New York" The agent was at a loss for words. Finally, the agent: "Are you sure that's the name of the town?" "Yes, what flights do you have?" replied the customer. After some searching, the agent came back with, "I'm sorry, ma'am, I've looked up every airport code in the country and can't find a Hippopotamus anywhere." The customer retorted, "Oh don't be silly. Everyone knows where it is. Check your map!" The agent scoured a map of the state of New York and finally offered, "You don't mean Buffalo, do you?" "That's it! I knew it was a big animal!"

Hey, I'm not trying to bash the Brits. here. I don't hate the British ... they have some good points ... your wonderful accents, atrocious haircuts, soccer hooligans, porcine middle-aged women.

We americans could never have invented anything as appalling as Fergie; Streisand is the closest we get – and she's not as fat.

Upper-class "twits" who "went to either Oxford or Cambridge, a fact they never stop mentioning, even though they insist they hated every second of it. Britain, a nation that gave the world both Shakespeare and Milton, the English are surprisingly uncommunicative, think they're better than eberyone else!

It's probably the most exotic society the planet has ever known.