More Bars In Udonthani

beekay

I still visit Jomtien once in a while as well as getting to Udon Thani on occasion. I'll tell you for a fact that Udon Thani IS more expensive than Jomtien. Also, if it's ladies you're interested in, you would be well advised to stay in Pattaya.

Agreed G.A.

I,m waiting for the food vouchers to be distributed so the wife can go cap in hand to be......join the 10 mile queue to supplement our income.

Sadly, the poice keep the town in check and all the girls now live in Jomtien and Pattaya and other girl friendly towns :o

Thank god i,m at an age where i eat little and my social life is practically non existant.

marshbags :D

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guilty of spreading goodwill and making the children happy...

When are you organising your next one and if so, got any details please on when and where.

Well done for not only thinking about the kids, but more importantly, putting it into practice.

Due to personal reasons i am unable to do one personally, but i would be very pleased to support your splendid efforts in financial terms.

Perhaps others reading this thread may wish to help and also contribute to make your efforts even more meaningful with little extra,s for them.

marshbags

Unfortuanely Marshbag I'm in the same position, a back injury is really limited me. But to yuo other gusy the Orphnage is still there show up talk to the staff they even have the contacts for the ice cream already. So really a pretty simple priocess adn I asure yuo yuo will get a lot more then yuo give.

Punters come on down find out for yourself. My ony request is don't get drunk and p--sed of when you find out we told yuo the truth. Don't take it out on the locals they are our neighbors. The Thai' in this area for the most part are kind and respectful people. But you give them a load of crap or try to push them around and your going to be in for a difficult lesson. The majority of Thai' don't speak english and yelling at them and talking about how stupid they are really won't help you communicate. Remember they speak the local language just fine, so if you can't speak the language in the area, who is being stupid, for getting angry.

It's a enjoyable quiet place.

Only joking udon lads and lasses.I will come to live there in about a years time so anybody want to challenge one of the top pool players in Pattaya.Seriously is there a pool league at udon as a quiet night stops my eyes straying lol.

Unfortuanely Marshbag I'm in the same position, a back injury is really limited me. But to yuo other gusy the Orphnage is still there show up talk to the staff they even have the contacts for the ice cream already. So really a pretty simple priocess adn I asure yuo yuo will get a lot more then yuo give.

Punters come on down find out for yourself. My ony request is don't get drunk and p--sed of when you find out we told yuo the truth. Don't take it out on the locals they are our neighbors. The Thai' in this area for the most part are kind and respectful people. But you give them a load of crap or try to push them around and your going to be in for a difficult lesson. The majority of Thai' don't speak english and yelling at them and talking about how stupid they are really won't help you communicate. Remember they speak the local language just fine, so if you can't speak the language in the area, who is being stupid, for getting angry.

It's a enjoyable quiet place.

Any chance of posting the url ref for the original thread re your experience / ice cream treat at the orphanage with the possibilty of tempting members in the Udon area or near to participate.

( I can then add a comment to re open it )

I was going to do a search on your posts, but as your a regular contributor it,s difficut to find it.

Thanks Ray

marshbags :o

Hope we can diverse on the OP, I appreciate the thread is about more bars but as in all debates the dicussions tend to develop and go off sometimes into other areas.

Edited by marshbags

• 1 year later...

Hi,

Poor old Udon Thani .

<snip>

Pity last time this was changed and the back was a massage parlour.

The girl that came out put me off.

I took an even worse option.<snip>

Rip off.!!

I hope to be back again ''volcanic ash '' permitting this weekend 25th April.

I will search Udon Thani once a gain.

Atkin

Edited by toptuan
References deleted in a thread that turned to prostitution discussion

Well I stay in Udon and have done for 12 years now. I often go down to Patters and I must say that I can get beer and goods every bit as cheep and possibly cheeper in Pattaya as I can in Udon. I was in a bar last night in Udon and the owner closed the bar as soon as I left as I had been the only customer he had had all evening. I then went to another bar and there were only 2 cutomers. There are obviously too many bars in the town now, you just have to drive about and have a look at the empty bars.

Wee Jimmy.

• 2 weeks later...

im am just back form spending a few months on and off in udon , i havent noticed any of these new bar areas springing up, nutty park and soi day night are still the same, girls are more expensive in udon than pattaya , but i was with the wife :)

• 4 weeks later...

Well I love Udon and so does the girlfriend, but then again I'm not into the bar and girl scene so haven't noticed, (couldn't get away with that I guess). I do notice that the ex-pat community here is older though, (I'm early forties), so this pace of life obviously suits them to the ground.

I do notice on drive-by's that there are always bars up for sale in the ex-pat stomping grounds and also in the local classifieds. I think it would take a lot of patience and something special for this type of business to sustain itself in Udon, particularly now. Nevertheless, I find Udon a joy, have heaps of Thai friends and it has all to offer. Just wish I could source somewhere for some team sports here, i.e football (soccer), Rugby, cricket etc...seems that with the age of the expats here, (no offence), they are all into golf and I left my clubs back in the UK.

Oh well, that's really gone and buggered it now hasn't it?

Udon, the country's best kept secret has been mentioned in a similar vein as the 'more common tourist places' so now the airlines will be adding extra flights to take the ever increasing amounts of farangs to the heart of Isaan in search of something 'different'. I read that over the past couple of years, the powers that be in Udon drove out some of the less desirable farang types that had decided this sleepy backwater was a great place for their nefarious activities (whatever they were). Here's hoping that they keep to their word and don't let these developments degenerate into the same rubbish as Pattaya and Phuket. I am saying Udon is for the more genteel pursuits of the respectable, retired, dare I say it, well-off individual and perish the thought it's gonna radically change.

Udon thani is for well off individuals!!!!

I love this site............full of jokers.

Pity the op had to venture over here to the big board. It would have been better for the fair denizens of Udon Thani if he had stuck to udonmap.com

me thinks ,,

he has a bar in udon ,,

day andd night .

there , are many cynical bstds ,

on udon map ,

afraid ,, of single foriegners , coming to udon.

Pity the op had to venture over here to the big board. It would have been better for the fair denizens of Udon Thani if he had stuck to udonmap.com

me thinks ,

the op has a bar in udon,s day and night ..

udonmap , has a lot of cynical members .

who do not welcome new single farangs ,to udon .

a combination , of good old fashioned jealousy , and fear ..

Just wish I could source somewhere for some team sports here, i.e football (soccer), Rugby, cricket etc...seems that with the age of the expats here, (no offence), they are all into golf and I left my clubs back in the UK.

There is a group of guys who get together a couple of time a week at Sukasam Village to play cricket.

Sukasam Village is about 7kms from Big C on the Sakon Nakon Rd.

P.M. me and i will give you the telephone # of one of the players.

Living 80km out I only go into Udon once a month to do some grocery shopping, under sufferance. Yes getting like Pattaya more and more every year, way too many bars trying to scratch out a living from to few Farang. To the OP:- Please don't find Ban Dung, it's a prick of a place!

Living 80km out I only go into Udon once a month to do some grocery shopping, under sufferance. Yes getting like Pattaya more and more every year, way too many bars trying to scratch out a living from to few Farang. To the OP:- Please don't find Ban Dung, it's a prick of a place!

gone back to "homework"... so one may assume that patty might soon be a place to enjoy with the missus.....from bangkok...

QUOTE (Macclad @ 2008-06-09 12:07:07) When Udon Day and Night is completed the bar scene in Udon Thani will be the equivalent of about a fifth of Soi 7 in Pattaya......yes 20% of just one street.

No Walking Street, A Go-Go,s,beaches etc.

Very few pretty bar girls,as well.

The only sexual action most mongers will encounter in Udon is "jerking off".

Worth the trip ????

beekay hasnt a clue ! jerk.gif

<snip>

Edited by toptuan
Reference to prostitution removed

No tourist attractions or sights to visit in the day.

Wat Sala Kaew Koo (Wat Khaek)

Phu Phrabat Historical Park

Ban Chiang Archaeological Site

These 3 sites are very interesting, also the markets at Nong Khai, there's plenty to do if you look.

PS: I will be in Udon mid July for anyone who wants to catch up for a drink.

post-4090-012348200 1276105878_thumb.jpg

post-4090-027574800 1276105890_thumb.jpg

No tourist attractions or sights to visit in the day.

Wat Sala Kaew Koo (Wat Khaek)

Phu Phrabat Historical Park

Ban Chiang Archaeological Site

These 3 sites are very interesting, also the markets at Nong Khai, there's plenty to do if you look.

PS: I will be in Udon mid July for anyone who wants to catch up for a drink.

Been to all three places and they are quite interesting indeed! One museum (archeological digging site) had some English explanations if I remember that correctly and that place with the Usa Saga is very impressive!

My overall impression was that this was done with much more attention to details as in the main tourist destinations.

May I remind everyone that the topic is "More Bars in Udonthani" and not prostitution.

Please be aware of the following forum rule:

18) Not to discuss the specifics of prostitution.

Thailand has a visible sex industry, and acknowledgment of that fact is not forbidden. However ThaiVisa is not the place to seek or give information on this topic, regardless of your sexual habits, preferences or orientation

Just did a clean up of this thread and editing offending posts. Further postings violating the above rule will not be tolerated.

Thank you,

TT

• 2 weeks later...

in my opinion, there are already too many bars in udon without customers already, hence the very high turn over / failure, 3 closed last week and one couldn't get a pool league together, so that is cancelled for the remainder of the season.

personally, you could give me a free tuk tuk to DAY AND NIGHT, free drinks all night, and a free tuk tuk back home, and i still wouldn't bother visiting the dump. IMHO.

• 2 months later...

I think people are right about bar prices. There is a cheap side but it is exploitative and nasty.

no different than anything else on offer.

I really don't like paying high prices for anything. certainly not for girlfriends of the evening.

had the cheap side before, and enjoyed it.

personally, you could give me a free tuk tuk to DAY AND NIGHT, free drinks all night, and a free tuk tuk back home, and i still wouldn't bother visiting the dump. IMHO.

If you threw in a free room at the Top Mansion, I would jump at that offer. :D

It's the "logical" reaction concerning the failure of other destinations, nothing happening there, so we do some homework and open up business in front of our doorstep, by now plenty of Farangs moved up country, only most, if not all of them followed, their beloved one! :rolleyes:

It seems, as of what I can see, that entertainment places, say "Theme pubs, Clubs with good music and/or live music, good food, reasonable prices and nice atmosphere do much better then any of these "Bars"... where the staff often is unattentive if one comes only for a drink and the football game, often foul language...well don't want to go in to further details... my impression is that this kind of entertainment had it's fair share... and it's prime time seems to be over, simple as that.

Here on the Island, are some places, I wonder how they survive... empty day, after day, week after week, month after month...

only most, if not all of them followed, their beloved one! -- I first came to Isaan for volunteer activities and met my beloved ones after I arrived ... None speak English. I actually go many days without speaking English at all...

My main contact with farang is here on ThaiVisa and -- given that experience -- is why I don't give a flying f-ck if I never (or at least barely) have contact with farang at all ...

only most, if not all of them followed, their beloved one! -- I first came to Isaan for volunteer activities and met my beloved ones after I arrived ... None speak English. I actually go many days without speaking English at all...

My main contact with farang is here on ThaiVisa and -- given that experience -- is why I don't give a flying f-ck if I never (or at least barely) have contact with farang at all ...

Do not worry mate, your time will come when that opinion will change when you get

sick of being treated like an outsider, which as you live in Isaan is 100% true, regardless of what you say or think.

Just wondering, if you had a real problem in your life, finacial, physical or mental,

who would you turn to for help, a Thai or them ole farangs you quite obviously disregard

for some reason?

By the way, Thai visa forum posters do not represent the entire western race.

Edited by kevozman1

When -- as you say -- I get sick of being treated like an outsider, the recourse is simple: USA. I however have a well-divulged means for ingratiating myself with the community that you obviously do not... and I never said that I have zero Western friends...

Several of my Thai friends -- who have lived in USA, UK, or Australia -- and are well-established in the community, might prove far more helpful in a local emergency than some dis-enfranchised Honkie.