BANGKOK 19 April 2019 23:54
Sign in to follow this  
beekay

More Bars In Udonthani

Keeping away from the topic if Udon needs any more bars...

I took a look at the area on the internet and I could not understand why they seem to be building poxy little spaces? I would have thought they would have thought outside the box and just put up a few large bars.

Even the name is boring "Walking Area" Wonder how they thought of that? :o

TheWalkingMan

Keeping away from the topic if Udon needs any more bars...

I took a look at the area on the internet and I could not understand why they seem to be building poxy little spaces? I would have thought they would have thought outside the box and just put up a few large bars.

Even the name is boring "Walking Area" Wonder how they thought of that? :o

TheWalkingMan

You sure you did'nt have a foot involved :D

They keep opening the bars and they keep closing them.

Been based here 10 years now and the majority of bars opened in that time have long gone.

So has the money the no brainers invested in them.

I was talking to yet another newly arrrived foreigner who was visiting with his loveeeeeeeeeeeeee and says he will open a new bar with lots of things that are missing here.

I treid to tell him that all the things he was going to do no longer existed because they,d been tried and tested, resulting in failure.

His come back was, " They obviously didn,t know how to attract the punters, he was different. " :o

Next time i saw him in Tesco, the friendly banter had all but gone and conversation was a bit tense to say the least.

His loveeeee quickly locking her arm in his and walking off very abruptly.

I wonder why ???

He is due back in a couple of months and should i be around, i look forward to seeing him being one of the few to succeed and settle down with his new found loveeeee with who he intends to spend the rest of his life with.

Not a cynical post intended, by the way, it,s just to much to soon on his part and i feel he may live to regret it, unless as i suggested to him, take your time, spend at least a few months here before investing and then think about it, if your still in the same frame of mind.

He was on about buying a little house for his new loveeeeeeeee ( only 2 mil he told me ) and wasn,t bothered about having to put it into her name, that,s another thing i tried to offer advice on, regarding Thai law ect. but it went on deaf ears i,m afraid.

marshbags :D

P.S.

At the time he,d spent a total of approx. four weeks with her and this was taking two flying visits into account to see

her, after initially meeting her on a Bangkok Stop over.

I genuinely hope he proves me wrong on my gut feeling with this one.

Edited by marshbags

Marshbag sI have given up talking newbies, they never think above the belt line

When in Issan it's Khon Kaen base for me, great little city. Easy to drive to any of the fun towns, I particularly like Ubon and Roi Et but almost anywhere in Issan has a character of its' own.

Marshbag sI have given up talking newbies, they never think above the belt line

I must admit it,s difficult Ray, as i always seem to get a negative reaction and a WTFDHK response.

Conscience always gets the better of me and i still keep trying, but it isn,t one of my feel good factor moments, in most instances.

If i help only one person, it,s well worth the hastle....I thinkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk :o

It,s the time i spend trying that really discourages me sometimes, never enough hours in the day in Udon, that,s for sure.

marshbags

By the way, was it you who organises the July doo,s for the kids in N.Prajak as i may be here this time around to give you a few baht towards the ice cream.

How many ice creams can you get for 50 baht ? :D

Only joking, perhaps a little more could be put in the kitty, but don,t tell now one

Edited by marshbags

udon doesnt seem to be a very friendly place based on some posters here.

ITS MY PLACE AND YOU CANT COME IN BOOHOO BOOHOO,then throws the dummy out the pram.

Edited by bratpack

ITS MY PLACE AND YOU CANT COME IN BOOHOO BOOHOO,then throws the dummy out the pram.

Correct, please spread the word around for us unfriendly locals, pleaseeeeeeeeee

marshbags :o

Yep guilty, but all the left over proceeds were used to buy clothes. For around 600 Baht you can give them all ice cream have a great day. Go for it

Correct, please spread the word around for us unfriendly locals, pleaseeeeeeeeee

Just caught up with this thread, good to see you boys have kept all our secrets intact. :D

Not a chance,i am going to tell everybody what a wonderful place it is and some brilliant bars and the expat community are awesome.Perhaps all the bad uns will move from pattaya and come to see you lot heheheheheheheheheh.

:oWE'RE CLOSED. GO AWAY ! :D

You UM guys are a barrel of laughs I tell ya! :D

Have you ever considered that at some point it becomes counter-productive and people just might think you're trying to keep it all hush hush? :D

~WISteve

:DWE'RE CLOSED. GO AWAY ! :D

You UM guys are a barrel of laughs I tell ya! :D

Have you ever considered that at some point it becomes counter-productive and people just might think you're trying to keep it all hush hush? :D

~WISteve

I thought it was hush hush :o

Yep guilty, but all the left over proceeds were used to buy clothes. For around 600 Baht you can give them all ice cream have a great day. Go for it

Guilty of spreading goodwill and making the children happy...

When are you organising your next one and if so, got any details please on when and where.

Well done for not only thinking about the kids, but more importantly, putting it into practice.

Due to personal reasons i am unable to do one personally, but i would be very pleased to support your splendid efforts in financial terms.

Perhaps others reading this thread may wish to help and also contribute to make your efforts even more meaningful with little extra,s for them.

Edited by marshbags