More Bars In Udonthani

beekay

When -- as you say -- I get sick of being treated like an outsider, the recourse is simple: USA. I however have a well-divulged means for ingratiating myself with the community that you obviously do not... and I never said that I have zero Western friends...

Several of my Thai friends -- who have lived in USA, UK, or Australia -- and are well-established in the community, might prove far more helpful in a local emergency than some dis-enfranchised Honkie.

Honkie? Nothing racist in that word. :cheesy: :cheesy:

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

When do you run out of red cards?

BTW:

honky --

derogatory slang word for "white person," 1967, black slang, of unknown origin, perhaps from late 19c. hunky "East-Central European immigrant," a colloquial shortening of Hungarian. Honky in the sense of "factory hand" is attested from 1946.

(dictionary.com)

Not any worse than 'farang'

Edited by jazzbo

When do you run out of red cards?

BTW:

honky --

derogatory slang word for "white person," 1967, black slang, of unknown origin, perhaps from late 19c. hunky "East-Central European immigrant," a colloquial shortening of Hungarian. Honky in the sense of "factory hand" is attested from 1946.

(dictionary.com)

Not any worse than 'farang'

I'm out of red cards today, but don't despair. There is always tomorrow. :D

Do you feel insulted if somebody calls you a "farang"? What do you think your many well connected Thai friends, that you so humbly aid and assist in their daily lives, really think of you? Would you be insulted if one of them called you a "farang"?

I'm just curious about your mindset.

Simple: I am not humble... I am an opinionated arrogant SOB ... and if they really are my friends, why should I have to care what they think of me? Some would generally come to my assistance if in need because, at least as of to-date, I have helped them out more than they have helped me.

I routinely refer to myself as 'honkie' which I like better than 'farang' (short for French) who I generally (as I did with Schumberger, CGG, TOTAL, etc.) refer to as 'frogs'.

When -- as you say -- I get sick of being treated like an outsider, the recourse is simple: USA. I however have a well-divulged means for ingratiating myself with the community that you obviously do not... and I never said that I have zero Western friends...

Several of my Thai friends -- who have lived in USA, UK, or Australia -- and are well-established in the community, might prove far more helpful in a local emergency than some dis-enfranchised Honkie.

Sorry i do not live in Isaan :whistling: but I know the place.