BANGKOK 26 April 2019 15:09
Sign in to follow this  
beekay

More Bars In Udonthani

Living 80km out I only go into Udon once a month to do some grocery shopping, under sufferance. Yes getting like Pattaya more and more every year, way too many bars trying to scratch out a living from to few Farang. To the OP:- Please don't find Ban Dung, it's a prick of a place!

Living 80km out I only go into Udon once a month to do some grocery shopping, under sufferance. Yes getting like Pattaya more and more every year, way too many bars trying to scratch out a living from to few Farang. To the OP:- Please don't find Ban Dung, it's a prick of a place!

gone back to "homework"... so one may assume that patty might soon be a place to enjoy with the missus.....from bangkok...

QUOTE (Macclad @ 2008-06-09 12:07:07) When Udon Day and Night is completed the bar scene in Udon Thani will be the equivalent of about a fifth of Soi 7 in Pattaya......yes 20% of just one street.

No Walking Street, A Go-Go,s,beaches etc.

Very few pretty bar girls,as well.

The only sexual action most mongers will encounter in Udon is "jerking off".

Worth the trip ????

beekay hasnt a clue ! jerk.gif

<snip>

Edited by toptuan
Reference to prostitution removed

Problems finding what you want in Udon bars, simple buy one there is always one or more for sale. Two at the moment I believe

No tourist attractions or sights to visit in the day.

Wat Sala Kaew Koo (Wat Khaek)

Phu Phrabat Historical Park

Ban Chiang Archaeological Site

These 3 sites are very interesting, also the markets at Nong Khai, there's plenty to do if you look.

PS: I will be in Udon mid July for anyone who wants to catch up for a drink.

post-4090-012348200 1276105878_thumb.jpg

post-4090-027574800 1276105890_thumb.jpg

No tourist attractions or sights to visit in the day.

Wat Sala Kaew Koo (Wat Khaek)

Phu Phrabat Historical Park

Ban Chiang Archaeological Site

These 3 sites are very interesting, also the markets at Nong Khai, there's plenty to do if you look.

PS: I will be in Udon mid July for anyone who wants to catch up for a drink.

Been to all three places and they are quite interesting indeed! One museum (archeological digging site) had some English explanations if I remember that correctly and that place with the Usa Saga is very impressive!

My overall impression was that this was done with much more attention to details as in the main tourist destinations.

May I remind everyone that the topic is "More Bars in Udonthani" and not prostitution.

Please be aware of the following forum rule:

18) Not to discuss the specifics of prostitution.

Thailand has a visible sex industry, and acknowledgment of that fact is not forbidden. However ThaiVisa is not the place to seek or give information on this topic, regardless of your sexual habits, preferences or orientation

Just did a clean up of this thread and editing offending posts. Further postings violating the above rule will not be tolerated.

Thank you,

TT

in my opinion, there are already too many bars in udon without customers already, hence the very high turn over / failure, 3 closed last week and one couldn't get a pool league together, so that is cancelled for the remainder of the season.

personally, you could give me a free tuk tuk to DAY AND NIGHT, free drinks all night, and a free tuk tuk back home, and i still wouldn't bother visiting the dump. IMHO.

I think people are right about bar prices. There is a cheap side but it is exploitative and nasty.

no different than anything else on offer.

I really don't like paying high prices for anything. certainly not for girlfriends of the evening.

had the cheap side before, and enjoyed it.

personally, you could give me a free tuk tuk to DAY AND NIGHT, free drinks all night, and a free tuk tuk back home, and i still wouldn't bother visiting the dump. IMHO.

If you threw in a free room at the Top Mansion, I would jump at that offer. :D

It's the "logical" reaction concerning the failure of other destinations, nothing happening there, so we do some homework and open up business in front of our doorstep, by now plenty of Farangs moved up country, only most, if not all of them followed, their beloved one! :rolleyes:

It seems, as of what I can see, that entertainment places, say "Theme pubs, Clubs with good music and/or live music, good food, reasonable prices and nice atmosphere do much better then any of these "Bars"... where the staff often is unattentive if one comes only for a drink and the football game, often foul language...well don't want to go in to further details... my impression is that this kind of entertainment had it's fair share... and it's prime time seems to be over, simple as that.

Here on the Island, are some places, I wonder how they survive... empty day, after day, week after week, month after month...

only most, if not all of them followed, their beloved one! -- I first came to Isaan for volunteer activities and met my beloved ones after I arrived ... None speak English. I actually go many days without speaking English at all...

My main contact with farang is here on ThaiVisa and -- given that experience -- is why I don't give a flying f-ck if I never (or at least barely) have contact with farang at all ...

only most, if not all of them followed, their beloved one! -- I first came to Isaan for volunteer activities and met my beloved ones after I arrived ... None speak English. I actually go many days without speaking English at all...

My main contact with farang is here on ThaiVisa and -- given that experience -- is why I don't give a flying f-ck if I never (or at least barely) have contact with farang at all ...

Do not worry mate, your time will come when that opinion will change when you get

sick of being treated like an outsider, which as you live in Isaan is 100% true, regardless of what you say or think.

Just wondering, if you had a real problem in your life, finacial, physical or mental,

who would you turn to for help, a Thai or them ole farangs you quite obviously disregard

for some reason?

By the way, Thai visa forum posters do not represent the entire western race.

Edited by kevozman1

When -- as you say -- I get sick of being treated like an outsider, the recourse is simple: USA. I however have a well-divulged means for ingratiating myself with the community that you obviously do not... and I never said that I have zero Western friends...

Several of my Thai friends -- who have lived in USA, UK, or Australia -- and are well-established in the community, might prove far more helpful in a local emergency than some dis-enfranchised Honkie.