Sheep

Nabeel1961

In the 12 years I lived in Thailand I cannot ever recall seeing a sheep (lamb) so the concept of "local" is questionable.

And I've never seen an "etc" anywhere in the world.

And I can't help you in your quest except to wish you luck.

btw the only reason we Welsh, and I guess the Kiwis, shag sheep is to spoil the taste for the bluddy english. :o

I live midway between Kanchanaburi and Ratchaburi. About 4k from me a Thai farmer has a flock of sheep. He sells me a whole lamb whenever I want it. I've seen a few sheep flocks in Thailand, but they are not common. Try asking some of the local Thais near you they should be able to put you in touch. I'ts amazing how the Thai grapevine works.

Few (Buddhist) Thais differentiate between goat and sheep. And very few eat either. Where I live in Bangkok's Eastern suburbs, there are many Moslem communities. Virtually all graze goat. They sell mutton at their markets. I cannot recall seeing sheep in Thailand. But focus on the Mmmmoslems to help you solve this problem.

Anyone info on where to buy local lamb etc?

Around NS or P'Lok would be handy.

I know that in NS at Makro it is easy to buy frozen Australian lamb but that it the only place I have seen it.

I also cannot remember any sheep farms around the central region.

Sorry

I live midway between Kanchanaburi and Ratchaburi. About 4k from me a Thai farmer has a flock of sheep. He sells me a whole lamb whenever I want it. I've seen a few sheep flocks in Thailand, but they are not common. Try asking some of the local Thais near you they should be able to put you in touch. I'ts amazing how the Thai grapevine works.

Kanchanaburi Province must be the Wales of Thailand!

I live 25k's north of Kanchanaburi and have seen a few flocks being husbanded along the road here.

Not the nice fat cuddly things you see in the UK though, more like a hairy rather dirty looking goat.

Not many Thais I have met confess to liking lamb, maybe thats the reason for their apparent rarity.

• 3 weeks later...
In the 12 years I lived in Thailand I cannot ever recall seeing a sheep (lamb) so the concept of "local" is questionable.

And I've never seen an "etc" anywhere in the world.

And I can't help you in your quest except to wish you luck.

btw the only reason we Welsh, and I guess the Kiwis, shag sheep is to spoil the taste for the bluddy english. :o

Is that where the taste comes from???

Keep shagging those sheep and leave the women to us English :D

• 2 weeks later...

A guy i knew several years ago used to import sheep for sale to local markets. However, he later opened a short time bar in Soi 6 as he found there was more money in doing short times for the welsh market.

Good news is when the sheep are retired from active service they are sold on for slaughter - and that special taste is more enhanced!