World Economy Headache

I am not a gloom and doomer. I believe in cycles, ups and downs and patience. But lately the world economic news is just depressing the s#i t out of me.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20080607/ts_af...hinaindiaskorea

Yeah, the G8 will be hurt by high fuel prices. But those already poor in the developing world are just SOL. Those government subsidies of fuel in Malaysia, Indonesia and India can't continue. Quite a shock for them when they woke up Friday to 40% increases in Malaysia. Consumer debt in the US at all time highs :D The US consumer accounting for about 18% of global GDP and 70% of the US GDP. Foreclosures everywhere, jobless claims up. Thailand is occupied with government issues while international investors pull out . SET goes from 880 to 815 in short time. The Baht is falling, which is the only help for me as we just flew past 33.10 to the dollar. Food shortages :o World population at 6.5 billion. (when I was born, 2.8 billion) Somebody tell me something positive quick or I'm going to become one of those gloomy drama queens. This is my cry for help.

I'll be waiting for the good news down by the beach. Ahh, a bit of perspective. :D

I am not a gloom and doomer. I believe in cycles, ups and downs and patience. But lately the world economic news is just depressing the s#i t out of me.

There is no crisis.

There is no crisis.

Repeat it, ad nauseam.

And peruse some famous threads here on TV... You'll find plenty of good news provided by some members of the rozy brigade (we have quite a few, and really motivated).

Day after day, as you said, the bad news are pilling... but they don't see it. They don't want to see it. They won't see it.

It's just too hard for them.

Anyway : I've joined their ranks. Now I repeat too : "there is no crisis".

:o

I am glad we did a currency exchange rate around 32.6 because with oil prices jumping as they are, it often means the dollar's value is going down. The latest spike in spot oil prices or futures was astronomical. Countries will no longer be able to support their poor people through fuel subsidies.

I am glad we did a currency exchange rate around 32.6 because with oil prices jumping as they are, it often means the dollar's value is going down. The latest spike in spot oil prices or futures was astronomical. Countries will no longer be able to support their poor people through fuel subsidies.

Oil is in the stage of a blow off top with wild gyrations and immense volatility. A continued upmove is not likely as it is pricing itself out of business. I expect it to come down sharply after this current hype is ridden out.

Oil is in the stage of a blow off top with wild gyrations and immense volatility. A continued upmove is not likely as it is pricing itself out of business. I expect it to come down sharply after this current hype is ridden out.

please tell me when this will happen.

please tell me when this will happen.

next week :o

Gee what little rays of sunshine!! Did I mention theft was up all over Phuket? Including my own home :o Just seems until the world re-tools to run on something other than oil, we are in trouble. Not a bad thing in the long run but pain in the meantime. Thanks for the suggestions. Yes it's all a delusion, but a persistent one.