Seting Up New Surfboards Manufacturing

Cuper

In Thailand, as I know there are 3 surfboards companies. One of them is Cobra that's the biggest company in the world. Others are FIREWIRE and SUNOVA. They have new technology, composite and new rail's design. I've set up surfboards' manufacturing, production line and staff's training for one of them.

So any investors who interest to make this business. You can get some advise from me.

In Thailand, as I know there are 3 surfboards companies. One of them is Cobra that's the biggest company in the world. Others are FIREWIRE and SUNOVA. They have new technology, composite and new rail's design. I've set up surfboards' manufacturing, production line and staff's training for one of them.

So any investors who interest to make this business. You can get some advise from me.

This must have been a very intereseting job. I know Cobra is located in Chon Buri, where are the others factories?

Do they sell direct to the public?

Also, with so many businesses locating in China, why did they all come here?

Exactly! RARO, Thailand has very good staffs who can use tools and handsand. They can make perfect surfboards. Last surfboards manufacturing I've employed the persons who have skill like that, nice shaping, nice sanding.

About Cobra they use old surfboards' design style(including molded) same other manufacturing in the world. They also have volume for producing. But if talk about quality. FIREWIRE and SUNOVA are better than Cobra. They use new technic and new boards' design. You can see easily at the surfboards. If you see the vertical line in the middle of surfboard that is normal design. But new boards design you imagine it has stucture rail around surfboard. It's stronger, more flexible when surfing.

This must have been a very intereseting job. I know Cobra is located in Chon Buri, where are the others factories?

Do they sell direct to the public?

Also, with so many businesses locating in China, why did they all come here?

FIREWIRE is in Pathumthani and SUNOVA is in BKK. They are 100% exporter so they cannot sell in Thailand but if you have contact person, they may can sell it.

• 9 months later...

Cuper

I have a question for you regarding making surfboards. Ive been told they use a material very similar to epoxy that uses a ultra violet light to harden. They said the end results is it cures within seconds when the light is shined on it and does not yellow over time as epoxy does.

Question being is that true and is it expensive?

I use a lot of epoxy in making fishing flies and lures and dislike the yellowing that occurs.

Thanks BT

• 2 months later...