Trat !

Kerryd

It seems all the topics here are about Koh Chang and Rayong !

I was one who (kinda) helped push for a seperate forum for this area, in part because I am interested in that area (pretty much anywhere from south of Rayong to Trat, but not the islands).

I'm hoping to take a trip down there on the moto this summer. Spend a few leisurely days touring around seeing what there is to see, what services are available and so on. That's still 2 months down the road (maybe 2 1/2), but it doesn't hurt to learn the lay of the land beforehand.

The attractions of Trat are similar to thoese of Korat or some other desolate out of the way contry town - ie nothing of interest unless you have family there. As very few bargirls come from Trat, there are very few expats living there.

Trat has some nice beach's and is a place to visit for the folks that are not worried about trying new areas without a large farang population, we have found some nice place's for around 700bt per nite. Also you may want to look at the beach's around Chanthaburi, the wife and I love it around the taimai area (Chao Loa) great beach's, cheap food and on and on. All the rooms we have stayed in had air, western style bathrooms/hotwater,tv(500-800bt) .......If you need a phone# or two give me a pm and let me know what type of place you are looking for.

• 9 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Dear Forum,

I live in Trat, and what Onlooker says is why I like it.

There are a few guest houses in a small tourist area of the town when Trat was more of a stopover for Koh Chang. And they have built Golden House hotel, 10 minutes from the bus station, near the lake. Think the bungalows are below a 1000. I live here I don't stay in hotels!!

If you want some more info I can maybe find out.

Hope you are keeping well,

All the Best,

Bill Z