Eastern Thailand Forum--where Do You Live?

sbk

Which Province do you live in?   

348 members have voted

1. 1. Which eastern Thailand province do you live in?

• Rayong
    • Koh Chang
    • Chachoengsao
    • Chanthaburi
    • Prachinburi
    • Sa Kaeo
    • Trat
    • Chonburi--not Pattaya

This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just as I suspected no-one lives here except me! - or have I jumped the gun???

There are several around Chanthaburi area but they tend to keep a low profile. Most have moved from other area's and are here to enjoy the beach's, air, and just general great living standards.

Guess I'd better hurry up and find a place to live in Trat, as it seems no one else is there !

Do they have baht buses I wonder ?

(looks like doing border runs would be closer and quicker too)

• 2 months later...

i think you could give better choices than this

eg. Sattahip, Ban Chang, Maptaput, Rayong, Ban Phe, Kho Samet, Klaeng, Chantaburi, Trat, Kho Chang, etc.

ask for those further east to also give ideas on how to set it up

It would be revealing to see more.... than simply by province

Anyway, well done on at last adding an eastern sea board local forum-- about time

in the past everybodyover here simply reads and posts in the Pattaya forum as that is where thai visa thought was the edge of the Thailand.

More of us here than you expect!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Just curious how many expats we have in eastern Thailand where you all live!

How come the added percentages are correct and come to 100% but the votes say 47 votes but added reach just 30 ? :o

Strange.

LaoPo

Just curious how many expats we have in eastern Thailand where you all live!

How come the added percentages are correct and come to 100% but the votes say 47 votes but added reach just 30 ? :o

Strange.

LaoPo

It must be including NULL votes, people who want to see the results but not participate in the poll. What I find strange is that you noticed there was a difference. :D

I am in Sattahip

Now anyone interested in setting up occasional social get together. I tend to go to Pattaya to meet frinds but cost of petrol makes this a rare event - local makes sense

John

Ban Chang, and don't know another ferang here. I really must get out more. :o

Banchang too. Lived here for a long time (12+ years now). I know a lot of people, mainly through working here; golf; and drinking heavily in a few of the non-naughty bars here. :D I really must get out less.

Being a part time resident of Mabprachan ( which in no way is part of Pattaya !!! ) I spend more time in Rayong and beyond than I do near home. I just have my fingers crossed that in years to come I can sell up by the lake and move full time to the " Far East ", we all love it there.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Good to see we have a local Forum - about time. I am (or was) in Tapong (midway Rayong City to Ban Phe). There's a few other Farang's around here, but many have moved on or away.

Time to catch up on the other Local topics...

Possible move to Prachinburi from CM soon.

Soundman, any advice?

Depends where exactly in the jungwat, Prachinburi city is not much of a regional centre, especially in comparison to CM. The rest is either factory zones or agricultural activities.

Make sure you are a workaholic or have a hobby! :o

Not many foreigners in Prachinburi, and there really isn't much to do. :D

Possible move to Prachinburi from CM soon.

Soundman, any advice?

Depends where exactly in the jungwat, Prachinburi city is not much of a regional centre, especially in comparison to CM. The rest is either factory zones or agricultural activities.

Make sure you are a workaholic or have a hobby! :o

Not many foreigners in Prachinburi, and there really isn't much to do. :D

Just spent a week there ( my wifes family live there ) looking at what internet provider I could get, hung out at the Big C ( saw 1 other farang ) and enjoyed the quiet, ate pizza at the Moon River and really enjoyed the quiet...

I'm actually looking forward to it..

Archived