Eastern Thailand Forum--where Do You Live?

sbk

Which Province do you live in?   

348 members have voted

1. 1. Which eastern Thailand province do you live in?

• Rayong
    • Koh Chang
    • Chachoengsao
    • Chanthaburi
    • Prachinburi
    • Sa Kaeo
    • Trat
    • Chonburi--not Pattaya

This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Klong Hat, Sa Kaeo. No beach, just a lake, many Khmer, and about five other Farangs here whereas none of them ever posted on a message board before :). I see 4 votes for Sa Kaeo - guys, speak up!

welo

• 2 weeks later...
klaeng here. have moved here a few months ago, but know theres another fellow been here for several years and another for bout a year

Hello,

I have been in Klaeng for 20 years and know several other farangs in the area.

I had ten years in Bangkok but never go there now

Pete

• 1 month later...

Hi

I'm in Pong Nam Ron not far from Ban Laem, I see a farang every now and then, sometimes at the market,

usually of course when we go to the beach I saw Mae Pim mentioned I thought that was nice, more so than Laem Sing

The 2IC at the Amphur office told me that I was the first Australian to be married there but there were 7 Germans ahead of me, that accords with what I run into they seem to be Germans, may be they dont post much.

As I get around a bit more, I'm still new I'll keep in touch/

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
...Not many foreigners in Prachinburi, and there really isn't much to do. :)

well guys, there is a new trend in the air and western style coffee shop are sprouting up everywhere like mushrooms, it's a nice improvement from the classic noodle carts establishments, people are building up lots of new buildings around but i can see there are already so many new buildings left empty already in the area just after have been builded up and lots of the old ones on the same situation, doesn't seems to be any proper western style restaurants around, i visited once a lady with a would be italian restaurant, apart from the badly spelled names the quality of the food was sooooo poor, she closed down everything a month later.

I am sure it must be more than 1 falang living around here, i saw myself a guy in his 40's on a bycicle wearing a big mexican sombrero and then i met an american lady teaching in a big school near an industrial area

• 3 weeks later...

we'll be there . . . soon.

Leaving Phuket behind - have been alternating between here and the farm near 'sub soom bun' (excuse sp?) 30min south of Kaew Chakan. Takes 22hrs each way by bus/bus/bus/tuk-tuk from Phuket, have decided to move closer . . .

Anyway, we'll be there (farm) for April while we sort out accomm in Chanthaburi/Trat area. Will be looking for a small place - bungalow style is preference, furnished ideally, for minimum six-months rental. Any recommendations/suggestions welcomed, thanks.

cheers

G & N

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Been looking for land to go farming/gardening and it will be a choice between Chaing mai/Chaing rai and Chanthaburi and i think Chanthaburi will win out. Just hope i can afford something towards the mountians there.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

we'll be there . . . soon.

Leaving Phuket behind - have been alternating between here and the farm near 'sub soom bun' (excuse sp?) 30min south of Kaew Chakan. Takes 22hrs each way by bus/bus/bus/tuk-tuk from Phuket, have decided to move closer . . .

Anyway, we'll be there (farm) for April while we sort out accomm in Chanthaburi/Trat area. .....

ha ha is this sad or what, quoting my own post from 13 months ago.

"These things take time" and after an enjoyable 11 mths on the farm in Sa Kaeo, and numerous trips abroad and exploring this part of the country we finally made the move to Chanthaburi province 3 weeks ago.

Still an easy enough trip back to the farm 180km if required.

• 2 weeks later...

I just noticed this thread again.

I live in Ta Phraya, 50km north of Aranya Phratet, 3km from the Cambodia border. I've been here 2 years - is it that long already - time flies! (though had a few months back in the UK last year). Since being here I've met at least 25 farang who live within a 15km radius and know of at least a dozen or so more who I haven't met. Mixture of mainly English, Swedish, Australian, German, Kiwi, Italian - mainly retired and a couple with their own business. It just shows that 9 votes on this Thai Visa poll for the whole of Sa Kaew province does not necessarily represent reality - saying that there's only really 4 'towns' in the whole of the province, but the numbers would suggest there's at least a couple of hundred in total.

Songkran tomorrow, was looking forward to the parade but I've come down with an ear infection - so not sure if I'll be joining in the water fights. Have fun!

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Just moved to Klaeng. At the moment renting a house in Hinsuay Namsai resort Mae Phim. Building a house 300 meter off Sukhumvit a few km north of town Song Saleung. Have met more than a handfull of Farang Here. All have been super friendly and extreamly helpfull.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I would like to see this topic continued. My wife and I are talking about returning to Thailand after living in Bangkok 2008/2009 and then returning to Australia. Mrs. Checker is keen to look around the eastern seaboard so I am during the research. She insists however that it must be as far away from Pattaya as possible. Have also been looking at Krabi down south however the lack of golf courses causes some concern. Ban Chang seems to be popular with many people although I am sure that everyone has their reasons for living where they do.

Just as I suspected no-one lives here except me! - or have I jumped the gun???

Have you heard anything about flooding in Ban Chang ?

or down by the beach area Phayun ?

thanks!

I am in Ban Chang, Phayun, right now and no flooding.

Hi,

Living in Ban Chang now,

Moved the family here from Maprachan Lake area, after one year of settling in,

as the kids went to school here and still love it, we decided to move closer to their school.

We have been living in Thailand now for 18 months and looks like it is going to be a lasting thing ;)

CU around !

Archived