Eastern Thailand Forum--where Do You Live?

sbk

Which Province do you live in?   

348 members have voted

1. 1. Which eastern Thailand province do you live in?

• Rayong
    • Koh Chang
    • Chachoengsao
    • Chanthaburi
    • Prachinburi
    • Sa Kaeo
    • Trat
    • Chonburi--not Pattaya

This poll is closed to new votes

Live in Rayong City....well, actually....Hat Saeng Chan (the beach area of Rayong City.....near PMY). Been here 5 years. In the beginning I could go to Tesco, Big C, Makro, Lamtong and never see another farang (although even back then I knew of 10 other farang's living here.....and probably more that I didn't know, obviously) ...BUT now, see tons of farangs ...most who live here permanently but now the tourists are coming and the snowbirds from Europe (Dec.-Mar). Love it here....Best weather all year round, no flooding, not too hot (get the breeze on the beach year round), and not to much rain during the rainy season.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tha Mai, Chanthaburi since 2006. Married. Do any members ever have a "Get Together" to meet? I know that times have changed since the budget cuts in the US,and other countries, and people losing their jobs. I think it's time for us to start networking. I really don't know how many expats are here in the East where I'm at, but I sure would like to meet just to get out of the house, and having an excuse that I don't know anyone out here, or the famous "No one speaks English for me to be out there." That drives me nuts. blink.png

Sent a PM.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I am in Klaeng, it is ok but not a lot to do . Near to Laem Mae phim though , so that is ok. Would rather be in Rayong though.

Understand there was a big fire that took a few restaurants out in Laem Mae Phim over the last Loy Krathong celebration. Have not been able to get down that way since Loy Krathong. Any knowledge what the area is like now? Rebuilding?

Yeah it took out the first 10 or so restaurants as you come around the corner onto the beach road. hasn't affected anything elsr too much though.

Sorry took so long to reply to this but yes more than 1 year ago, there was a fire that took out 5-6 retaurants that will not be replaced . part of the beach redevelopment , no more new caffs or restaurants on beach side of the coast road.

I now live in Maptaphut, since november last year. Anyone else on here nearby ???

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Central coming to Rayong. English speaking cinema and Tops. It's the little things.

Yes Great News. Any idea of expected completion date ??

• 3 weeks later...

Trat city, 200 meters from the market and hospital. Live there since 2009. It's a nice little city, as thai cities go. We have a Tesco lotus and a Macro, plus about 4/5 foreign restaurants. Very few foreigners living in Trat, although I do spot a few every time I go to the supermarket.

The main plus (apart from the excellent (fish)market, and absence of crime),provided you have a car, is the vicinity of truly wonderful, prestine empty beaches on the road to Cambodia.

• 2 months later...

Just curious how many expats we have in eastern Thailand where you all live!

Moved from Phuket to Bangsaen April 2014.

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Presuming the best of intentions, but Rule 19) You will not post missing or looking for person or information about any person, except with the explicit approval of admin by contacting support

Plenty of good reasons for this.

By coincidence, my 'good deed' in this respect took place in Sa Kaeo when we lived there 2010-11. Responding to a request on a forum for a missing Englishman, made great efforts to locate, half a day's travel and we found the 'missing' man

In this case he'd made a decision to cut himself off from family and friends. Changed cellphone sims, chosen to ignore emails. A polite glass of water and a request to simply say he was alive and nothing more. "on your way''

But could just have easily been a fraudulent claim for a 'lost friend'. A bad debt, someone chasing an ex spouse etc. And re the suggestion above, joking i think, who would appreciate having their name and details published on a public forum like this ?

Presuming the best of intentions, but Rule 19) You will not post missing or looking for person or information about any person, except with the explicit approval of admin by contacting support

Plenty of good reasons for this.

By coincidence, my 'good deed' in this respect took place in Sa Kaeo when we lived there 2010-11. Responding to a request on a forum for a missing Englishman, made great efforts to locate, half a day's travel and we found the 'missing' man

In this case he'd made a decision to cut himself off from family and friends. Changed cellphone sims, chosen to ignore emails. A polite glass of water and a request to simply say he was alive and nothing more. "on your way''

But could just have easily been a fraudulent claim for a 'lost friend'. A bad debt, someone chasing an ex spouse etc. And re the suggestion above, joking i think, who would appreciate having their name and details published on a public forum like this ?

I do understand what you are saying the guy is in his 80s his daughters contacted me as they were very concerned as they had not heard from him for a few weeks . Turns out he had lost his phone so he has been found thank you anyway

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I built a house in Payoon Greenvill about 8 years ago with the idea of retiring there...I spend 1 month a year living there...I've been visiting Thailand for 20 years...I use to love it...but I do have to say the last 8 years has really enlightened me on the working of Thai society...It is the Land of Smiles to your face...but a farlang will always be a farlang...

I guess for me its time for another port of call...

• 6 months later...

A couple of off topic posts have been removed, this topic is asking where you live that is all.

To ask about accommodation in Chanthaburi please start a new topic in this the Eastern forum.

Likewise for recommendations for cheap hotels and good restaurants.

Thank you

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived