BANGKOK
Sign in to follow this  
sbk

Eastern Thailand Forum--where Do You Live?

Which Province do you live in?   

348 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Well, I'm the only one who has registered for Prachinburi. laugh.gif

Topic pinned.

That's because the rest of us peed in your pool, dude.

Thinking of moving to Ban Chang from the north.

As far as I remember there was no flooding there last year was there.?

Currently living in Phanom Sarakham, has about 20-30 foreigners here, mixture of English, Australian, American, German and Norwegian.

Old thread... but hey!... it's ongoing news.

Live in the small fishing village BanPhe. BanPhe is best known for being the water gateway to Koh Samet island. Has several piers where there are water taxi's and ferry's to make the short trip. Not a bad place once you get over the drying fish smell from the sellers stands that line the main Soi catering to tourists.

Primary local income derived from fishing, catering to along with transporting tourists.Good to above average restaurants in the area, Tesco-Lotus, local shops, along with a seaside Aquarium that is worth taking the time to view. Nice beaches that are clean and uncrowded just past the southeastern end of the city. Good local markets which open up several times a week. Many foreigners live here full time from several different country's with most having Thai wife/gf. Two prices for most things. tourist and local. Not surprising really as this is a high volume tourist area with most tourists going over to Koh Samet for only 3-4 days. Transportation is great as you can quickly get transportation in and out BanPhe from/to most anyplace in Thailand. Rayong.. larger city.. (hospital, malls, etc;) is 15-20 minutes away by songthaew.

All in all, happy here!

• Like 1

Ban Phe and Ban Chang are areas we are looking at moving to. Preferably buying land (about 1 rai) and building a house about a km away from the sea. Have only found a couple of agents so any contacts will be useful.

• Like 1

Ban Phe and Ban Chang are areas we are looking at moving to. Preferably buying land (about 1 rai) and building a house about a km away from the sea. Have only found a couple of agents so any contacts will be useful.

Many 1 Rai land parcels being sold for building sites all around BanPhe/Rayong area, 1km or less from the sea. Average price seems to be 1M bht although I have seen several selling for less in the past year as sales have slowed. Many agent's here but my suggestion would be to make the trip, talk to several agent's, look around on your own, rather than lock into an agent's listed property's. Plenty available to see by word of mouth and of course better "deals" can be had.

• Like 1

hi folks,

wanmanyen here, well talungnai, pig farming, nearly 2 years now, wouldnt live anywere else i love itsmile.png

Hi,I don't know where to post this but its in Eastern Thailand (Sakhon Nakhon). There's been a lot of rain lately .my GF didn't call the other day because she said she couldn't because of the "big rains". I don't know if I believe her. Is this a common occurrence in Sakhon Nakhon Issan,that the cell phone service go's out?

Rick

looking for condo in ban chang, need to get to the beach every now and again, so we might as well have a place there,

jake

sorry about the small print,

thats better can take my glasses off,,lol

Live in Na yai am, is closer to Klaeng but is in Chanthaburi province.

We have a Thailand housing authority house (she has) made some additions and is comfortable.

The area is good, close to beaches, markets are abundant and Chanthaburi isnt far.

A Big C has opened recently in Chanthaburi and a Thai Whatsedoo has opened on shukhumvit near the lights at the first Chanthaburi turn off from Klaeng

I am always up for a drink or chat so you can PM me

I'm looking at renting a condo in Bang Chang, Can any of you give me an idea of pricing etc. Good places to stay and also the places to stay away from.

Many thanks.