BANGKOK
Sign in to follow this  
sbk

Eastern Thailand Forum--where Do You Live?

Which Province do you live in?   

348 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Live in Rayong City....well, actually....Hat Saeng Chan (the beach area of Rayong City.....near PMY). Been here 5 years. In the beginning I could go to Tesco, Big C, Makro, Lamtong and never see another farang (although even back then I knew of 10 other farang's living here.....and probably more that I didn't know, obviously) ...BUT now, see tons of farangs ...most who live here permanently but now the tourists are coming and the snowbirds from Europe (Dec.-Mar). Love it here....Best weather all year round, no flooding, not too hot (get the breeze on the beach year round), and not to much rain during the rainy season.

Tha Mai, Chanthaburi since 2006. Married. Do any members ever have a "Get Together" to meet? I know that times have changed since the budget cuts in the US,and other countries, and people losing their jobs. I think it's time for us to start networking. I really don't know how many expats are here in the East where I'm at, but I sure would like to meet just to get out of the house, and having an excuse that I don't know anyone out here, or the famous "No one speaks English for me to be out there." That drives me nuts. blink.png

Sent a PM.

Koh Chang here. Considering a move to Chantaburi for work, as KC is beautiful but I prefer the comforts, culture, and relative sanity of a city.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

In the sticks about 9k from Phanat Nikhom.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Amphur khaeng hang meo ,tambon Sam phinong. In three years from now.

Sent from my LG-D802 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Central coming to Rayong. English speaking cinema and Tops. It's the little things.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I am in Klaeng, it is ok but not a lot to do . Near to Laem Mae phim though , so that is ok. Would rather be in Rayong though.

Understand there was a big fire that took a few restaurants out in Laem Mae Phim over the last Loy Krathong celebration. Have not been able to get down that way since Loy Krathong. Any knowledge what the area is like now? Rebuilding?

Yeah it took out the first 10 or so restaurants as you come around the corner onto the beach road. hasn't affected anything elsr too much though.

Sorry took so long to reply to this but yes more than 1 year ago, there was a fire that took out 5-6 retaurants that will not be replaced . part of the beach redevelopment , no more new caffs or restaurants on beach side of the coast road.

I now live in Maptaphut, since november last year. Anyone else on here nearby ???

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Central coming to Rayong. English speaking cinema and Tops. It's the little things.

Yes Great News. Any idea of expected completion date ??

Edited by daiwill60

Apparently December 2014. Maybe add 6 months. They are out of the ground at least. Near Makro!

Trat city, 200 meters from the market and hospital. Live there since 2009. It's a nice little city, as thai cities go. We have a Tesco lotus and a Macro, plus about 4/5 foreign restaurants. Very few foreigners living in Trat, although I do spot a few every time I go to the supermarket.

The main plus (apart from the excellent (fish)market, and absence of crime),provided you have a car, is the vicinity of truly wonderful, prestine empty beaches on the road to Cambodia.

• Like 2

Just curious how many expats we have in eastern Thailand where you all live!

Moved from Phuket to Bangsaen April 2014.

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I live in Rayong City. Not far from Laemthong. Been here over three years. I like it. Decent couple of ex pat bars. Pattaya is 40 mins from my house with no traffic