BANGKOK
Sign in to follow this  
sbk

Eastern Thailand Forum--where Do You Live?

Which Province do you live in?   

348 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Presuming the best of intentions, but Rule 19) You will not post missing or looking for person or information about any person, except with the explicit approval of admin by contacting support

Plenty of good reasons for this.

By coincidence, my 'good deed' in this respect took place in Sa Kaeo when we lived there 2010-11. Responding to a request on a forum for a missing Englishman, made great efforts to locate, half a day's travel and we found the 'missing' man

In this case he'd made a decision to cut himself off from family and friends. Changed cellphone sims, chosen to ignore emails. A polite glass of water and a request to simply say he was alive and nothing more. "on your way''

But could just have easily been a fraudulent claim for a 'lost friend'. A bad debt, someone chasing an ex spouse etc. And re the suggestion above, joking i think, who would appreciate having their name and details published on a public forum like this ?

Edited by gomangosteen

A post and a reply has been removed:

19) You will not post missing or looking for person or information about any person, except with the explicit approval of admin by contacting support http://www.thaivisa.com/contact

• Like 1

Presuming the best of intentions, but Rule 19) You will not post missing or looking for person or information about any person, except with the explicit approval of admin by contacting support

Plenty of good reasons for this.

By coincidence, my 'good deed' in this respect took place in Sa Kaeo when we lived there 2010-11. Responding to a request on a forum for a missing Englishman, made great efforts to locate, half a day's travel and we found the 'missing' man

In this case he'd made a decision to cut himself off from family and friends. Changed cellphone sims, chosen to ignore emails. A polite glass of water and a request to simply say he was alive and nothing more. "on your way''

But could just have easily been a fraudulent claim for a 'lost friend'. A bad debt, someone chasing an ex spouse etc. And re the suggestion above, joking i think, who would appreciate having their name and details published on a public forum like this ?

I do understand what you are saying the guy is in his 80s his daughters contacted me as they were very concerned as they had not heard from him for a few weeks . Turns out he had lost his phone so he has been found thank you anyway

I built a house in Payoon Greenvill about 8 years ago with the idea of retiring there...I spend 1 month a year living there...I've been visiting Thailand for 20 years...I use to love it...but I do have to say the last 8 years has really enlightened me on the working of Thai society...It is the Land of Smiles to your face...but a farlang will always be a farlang...

I guess for me its time for another port of call...

A couple of off topic posts have been removed, this topic is asking where you live that is all.

To ask about accommodation in Chanthaburi please start a new topic in this the Eastern forum.

Likewise for recommendations for cheap hotels and good restaurants.

Thank you

• Like 1

I would be interested to hear your reason for not including Pattaya? 

They have their own forum....

On 03/12/2016 at 5:15 PM, dazk said:

i live in Bowin anyone else out this way

As in about 7km north of Prok Fa?