Rayong Beach Houses?

dude123

I too am considering moving to the Eastern Seabord and the two places I would be looking at first are Bang Sare and Ban Chang. I have not been to these places lately and would appreciate comments about them from those of you who live there, pros and cons please.

I have just retired and I am also married to a Thai and I know the Pattaya area quite well since I have been doing business with the Royal Thai Navy for well over twenty years and for most of the times I camped out at the Dusit, we had a very good corporate rate there, since the navy hotel in Sattahip is not to my liking.

To you dude123 I would like to apologise for borrowing your thread by posting my own questions here. From your posting I assume you are unfamiliar with way businesses are conducted in Thailand and buying a house, or a piece of land for that matter, is indeed a very serious business, and if it is done incorrectly it could cost you. What I specifically like you to pay attention to is the legal aspects and before committing yourself hire a good and independent lawyer.

There are many of my Swedish countrymen who have signed very poor contracts, the "you buy we sell you have all obligations we have all rights" kind of contracts, for their resort homes in Thailand. When they later discovered that the builder wasn't delivering they found themselves in a rather poor situation and many have hence lost a considerable amount of money.

No need to apologize at all. Look forward to any and all comments. Yes, I am unfamiliar to Thai business practices but am learning as we speak from this forum and other sources. I agree with a good lawyer and when I get near to buying will get a good laywer to help me make the deal. Thanks for that info. I have had a few emails from people here who got ripped off in a big way, but so far mostly from builders that never finisehd their projects.

belongs to the thai navy. If you own access to that area of beach you can build something there as most people do, but the navy can reposses it if they want. They never have ,but it's still dodgy.

Along Hat MaeRamPheung it is the same. The beach area is owned by the Navy but allows the Beach Businesses access to temporary structures, but as yet nothing permanent is allowed.

They keep threatening to move them on, but haven't actually gone through with it yet, like you say sounds a little dodgy to me.

Moss

Well that is a little discouraging! Thanks all for that info as it may sway me to look at other parts of Thailand if that is the case. According to Murphy's law, chances are I will buy a property there and lose it to the Navy soon after!

Actually I do not see the problem here. If the land is in fact own by the Thai Navy you wouldn't get a chanote title for the land anyway and it is not advisable to buy land without the proper title. A chanote is also referred to as "Nor Sor 4". Whatever you do, do not purchase land without a chanote title unless you are absolutely sure of the risks involved.

Göran

I can't think of any secured housing communities near the beach in Rayong. You might want to look in Ban Phe and Ban Chang, which definitely have gated communities near the beach. Rayong is great, but it's an old fishing village that has grown tremendously, and most of the new developments are on the other side of Sukhumvit.

#

Hows about Baan Sabai on Maelampung?

belongs to the thai navy. If you own access to that area of beach you can build something there as most people do, but the navy can reposses it if they want. They never have ,but it's still dodgy.

Along Hat MaeRamPheung it is the same. The beach area is owned by the Navy but allows the Beach Businesses access to temporary structures, but as yet nothing permanent is allowed.

They keep threatening to move them on, but haven't actually gone through with it yet, like you say sounds a little dodgy to me.

Moss

Isnt some of the land for sale on Kon Ao Chaote land?