I Need A Thai Girls Name For My Baby Daughter

BIG SPUDS

Angsamarine and Wassana are beautiful Thai girl's names, and easy to pronounce for westerners. But probably your wife (assuming she is Thai) will give your daughter a nickname like Lek, Nit or Noi anyway.

Edited by keestha

Please does any one know any thai name ideas that i could call my new baby girl due august 16th.

Me the wife havent a clue? any ideas appreciated

My missus wanted to call the baby Emily so she is called Emily. No Thai equivalent but shortened to various forms of "Emmy", "Em" etc.

Only translation is on her birth certificate and presumably her passport (Thai one).

• 2 weeks later...
Please does any one know any thai name ideas that i could call my new baby girl due august 16th.

Arisa is a nice name, but as you are farang what about "lil spuds" or chippa?

Best of luck to the pair of you with the new baby,

roy gsd

Arisa is a nice name, but as you are farang what about "lil spuds" or chippa?

Best of luck to the pair of you with the new baby,

roy gsd

P.S. My wife has said if she has a daughter she likes the sound of Maggie, personally I think she is just missing Thai food too much ( Maggi?).

roy gsd

fern... a serprise to me is that it means, roughly, the same in all the languages ive checked on. a plant , albeit in english a specific plant. know two fern,s in thailand. a truely international name with the same meaning.

We were going to name our little girl "Irissa" (Goddess of the rainbow) and use the short form "Iris" for her nickname. But, we decided on Carissa. A sweet smelling flower (like jasmine) with a beautiful pink tasty plum when ripe. So, her nickname is "plum". We are into nature, flowers, and fruit so it is a fitting name for our little bundle of joy.

All the best of luck to you and your wife.

meandwi

My eldest daughter has the name, Sarisaa, nickname, Noy Naa (sugar apple). She always uses the latter name.

My second daughter has the name Jiraphrapha, the name of a Queen in the old Chiang Mai kingdom of Lanna.

Nisamanee, Manee for short, is another nice name that is easy to pronounce if she is going to live in the west at all.

• 7 months later...

Arissara

Anussara

Marissa

Arisa

Yada

Rada

Kanya

Sirikarnda

Suchada

Vanisa

Vanida