Buy Tea Bags Where?

meowchawpnom

Does anyone know where I can get empty tea bags in CM? I want to fill them with ground coffee and make fresh-brewed coffee in a cup by adding hot water. Getting sick of all this instant!

The teabags I have seen in CM are far too small to make a decent cup of coffee. I have used them to make herbal teas and, very occasionally, green tea; but they are really too small for that. Besides, ground coffee oxidises very quickly if not kept sealed and/or refrigerated. (I always keep in in the freezer.)

Far better to get one of these cup-sized filters. Put your coffee in, pour on the boiling water and it will drip through to the cup below. I have seen them in Lotus and Rimping supermarkets.

Teabags can be found at Chiangmai Plastic in Warorot Market among other places, or you could ask Imboon.

I have found a lot of success with a coffee press. They are available at Robinson, Rimping Market and the coffee shop across from Thai Immigration. There's no paper filter so you don't get any cross flavors. You must use a course ground coffee however.

Thanks, both of you. Well, I too have seen those plastic things you put above the cup. But I have a few problems with them. First, coffee aficianados say that paper absorbs the oils that give coffee better flavor, so it's better to use a metal or plastic filter. Secondly, I haven't been able to find any natural brown, unbleached filters here, just the white ones. I don't want bleach in my coffee. And they're also rather pricey.

Maybe a coffee press is the way to go. But since I prize portability, and the only presses I've seen here have glass parts which could break when packed in luggage, I'm also thinking of just putting coarse ground coffee in a cup of hot water, letting it brew, and then just filtering the grounds out with either a mesh screen spoon or a plastic coffee filter of the sort you see in tiny one cup coffee makers (I just found a place where they can order one for me as a replacement part).

I'm wondering just how hard it is to get the grounds out of coffee. Plan to do some experimenting.