Professional Office And School

camster

I need some start-up business info, there used to be some good information on this forum, on getting set-up legally but I cant find it now. I would really appreciate it if some one can give me some basic info and/or point me in the right direction to get more info. In a nutshell this is what I'm wanting to do.

I dont want to be specific about what profession here so I'll just call it a professional service.

1.) I would like to set up an office that offers a specific professional service(s) but also conducts short workshops that will hopefully grow into other more comprehensive training. I have been a professional at this service for 20 years and have taught at the College level for six years (not sure if that would help or not).

2.) My wife is Thai and I can trust her but she will remain in Canada for now. Can she be majority shareholder even if she is living out of Thailand?

3.) I will have about 1.8 million baht liquid available before purchase of equipment, office lease, other start-up expenses. Is this enough?

4.) Do I need to physically employ any Thais to start with or can it be on paper?

4.) I will have a non-imm. B visa

5.) Do I need a special permit for Training to conduct workshops (mostly to foriegners)?

Any help on this would be great. Thanks in advance.

Camster

I need some start-up business info, there used to be some good information on this forum, on getting set-up legally but I cant find it now. I would really appreciate it if some one can give me some basic info and/or point me in the right direction to get more info. In a nutshell this is what I'm wanting to do.

I dont want to be specific about what profession here so I'll just call it a professional service. Most professions are on the list of jobs not permitted to be done by foreigners. Get legal advice.

1.) I would like to set up an office that offers a specific professional service(s) but also conducts short workshops that will hopefully grow into other more comprehensive training. I have been a professional at this service for 20 years and have taught at the College level for six years (not sure if that would help or not).Sunbelt Asia can help here, they are a forum sponsor with lots of experience. They can also advise on the grey area of workshops or semiars.

2.) My wife is Thai and I can trust her but she will remain in Canada for now. Can she be majority shareholder even if she is living out of Thailand? Yes but she has be here when the setup is happening to sign things infront of witnesses. Make sure she has an up to date ID card.

3.) I will have about 1.8 million baht liquid available before purchase of equipment, office lease, other start-up expenses. Is this enough?Depending on your needs for equipment, a serviced office may be easier. Use the meeting room for seminars.

4.) Do I need to physically employ any Thais to start with or can it be on paper?Grey area, for a work permit you may need employees, but a good advisor will help. Initially you will not need anyone, but this may change.

4.) I will have a non-imm. B visa

5.) Do I need a special permit for Training to conduct workshops (mostly to foriegners)?Get advise you may find it better if they are called seminars rather than training. :o

Any help on this would be great. Thanks in advance.

Camster