Restaurants In Ban Chang / Rayong

PattayaParent

Hey does anyone know of the new place on the Phala round about? The wood house that has been under construction there for some time now has a sign showing "Burger Bus" burgers, coffee and tea.

Now open. They have a mini-bus parked outside where your burger is cooked. No beef burgers, only chicken and maybe pork, tea and coffee inside, if you want to sit down. No alcohol. UTY. I'm not quite sure what they are trying to do.

Went to the "Burger Bus" for lunch today. For what it is and the money they spent on the place they definitely could do better. Very typically Thai managed and operated. I attach a few photos of the sparse menu. Its a coffee /tea place with a few quick foods.

I would not recommend the place for more than a iced tea or coffee. I had a chicken burger set (frozen chicken patty deep fried and fries with a iced coffee) Wife ordered a fish "burger?" with a strawberry drink. She got the pork burger with fries.

The pleasant view of the sea and the breeze today off the sea was nice.

When you are in the area stop by for a coffee or tea. No alcohol.

I would not make a special trip to come here. As I already live in Phala easy when out and about.

Hours advertised as 0630-2200 daily not sure about weekends

post-20917-0-44903200-1363245117_thumb.jpost-20917-0-82591900-1363245218_thumb.jpost-20917-0-90060600-1363245294_thumb.j

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Any one know where I can get a GOOD Pizza in Bang Chang?

The pizza's at the restaurant in Sintawee garden - Payoon Beach Road are not bad.

Agree, not too bad, but I like a real pizza base that's thin and crispy, I really can't handle the usual half inch thick base, that's just like eating a sandwich made from two great slabs of Co-op white bread that just turns back into dough in your mouth. We need to get away from the American idea of pizza, (cheese filled edges, tomato ketchep instead of of real tomato sauce, real basil leaves from the garden and not dried crap that's probably 10 years old, could go on but it's late and I have to feed the dogs,) because I really don't want all those calories.

Where on Payoon Beach Rd is Sintawee Garden? Please.

If you are on the main road in Ban Chang and facing the Maptaphut direction you will be on the opposite side to Tesco. Drive down the hill untill you reach the cross roads, just past the mini Tesco, on your left, turn right at the lights and you will get to the big dual carraige way that joins BC and MAP, go straight through, when the light is green, unless you're Thai, and and after half a kilometre or two you will see it on your right. Has a big stone pebble dashed thingy at the gate.smile.png

Yep the pizza's are not very authentic, but a hell of a lot better than Donjai's. I was given a pizza with pork FAT topping there once. It's a nice restaurant but the food there is a joke. Sintawee restaurant has just re-opened under a new name (can't remember what) and the food is quite good, they still do Thai food too so ya can bring the missus!

There are a few places that do decent thin-crusted pizza in BC. Offshore is okay, Camel not too bad. (The "Mexican" is nice). The place behind the strip of bars that used to be "Lasse's Pizza" place still in business, but been in for a while.

If you want really thin-crust pizza without any calories, try Italy. Or a salad. tongue.png

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

"Burgers Bus: Coffee, Tea and Burgers", Phala roundabout. Agree with the views of longball53098 (post #212). Visited there with wifey, BiL and 6 yr old nephew at about noon on Monday 29 April. A farang couple were just leaving as we arrived and another couple arrived as we were leaving - apart from us there were no other customers during our hour+ in the open-fronted restaurant. The actual Burgers Bus (minivan) was parked nearby in the blazing sun and was not open. Maybe they plan to drive the bus around selling food in the future as per the original Burger Bus service in Santa Barbara, California. The website burgersbus[dot]com seems to exist in name only at the moment. There is also an open-air top floor with fine sea views which has a yet-to-be-erected large canopy lying on the floor - would eventually be a great place for sundowner beers in theory, but they don't sell alcohol :(

Strange concept with an 'unfinished' feel - but no sign of further work going on. In addition to the larger open-air dining area, there is a glassed-in aircon area where they have the food counter and a few tables and chairs plus a huge Doberman lying panting on the floor to discourage any customers from entering! There were 8 uniformed serving staff as well as kitchen staff - one served us - the rest just giggled, joked around together and "played Facebook" in the Doberman-guarded aircon zone the whole time we were there. TIT in a nutshell!

I had the chicken burger and fries - it was OK. Nephew had a hot dog - just a boring processed pink sausage in a bread roll - no salad, dressing or sauces. The iced fruit drinks were good.

Best part for kids (young and old) are the hanging chair and swing right between the tables. It's just down the road from us, so may well visit again for a snack, but not a place to go out of your way for, imo.

• 2 weeks later...

Went to the Bella Vista restaurant (Payoon Beach Rd, Banchang) recently. Not been for a while, and was very happy with the food we ordered. The steaks were superb (new supplier from Bangkok, apparently). Same prices as I recall from last time. Also Beer Lao (dark) now available on the drinks menu. Good evening out, all round.

I was last Bella Vista in their old location and was not very impressed. Good to hear it's improved and prices still the same. I don't eat beef, what's the rest of the menu like?

We are desperately short of quality western restaurants in Ban Chang. The usual suspects seem to think that poor quality can be made up by large quantities.

Sent from my GT-I9300

^The new place has been up and running for a good while now. I imagine it takes a while to find good reliable food suppliers and staff, so I'll always give a new-ish place a 2nd chance. Has been worth the wait, imo.

I usually go there for a steak, but the pork, salmon, and schnitzel dishes are good as well. Dunno about the lamb, I tend to steer clear of lamb in Thailand unless I'm preparing and cooking it myself. Agree with you about the lack of good Western eateries in BC, although I have been disappointed with recent visits to places like Odile's; Bistro #43; and other places in Rayong (and Pattaya), that previously offered a good standard of food and service. Seems there is a general shortage of good staff available..

Thanks for that info. For lamb it is hard to go past the New Orleans in Pattaya. Three perfectly char-grilled lamb fillets/loins, pink in the middle and served with potato any style, home made mushroom gravy and steamed baby asparagus in butter. All for 550 Baht.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have been to Waan's with my wife. For me nothing special about the menu, food or services received. Just another Thai place to eat. She enjoyed the food and said they have some food she has not seen in other places in Ban Chang. I can't name what though. She is from Lamphun and says they had some things she enjoys

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone have any information on Waan's Restaurant. Its reviewed on trip advisor with four people raving about the place but I

cant place it. only info is "its 80 meters past Tesco" and has great seafood.

is it the same place as post 204

Edited by soundman
Fixed quotes.

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone have any information on Waan's Restaurant. Its reviewed on trip advisor with four people raving about the place but I

cant place it. only info is "its 80 meters past Tesco" and has great seafood.

is it the same place as post 204

Thanks, I suspect 204 was the same person that did the Trip advisor review.

If you are looking for good Thai food in a clean restaurant, Kraew Khaow (sp?) On sukhumvit opposite that disgusting seed kitchen, East End of Ban Chang, big menu.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

There's a new Mexican Restaurant on Payoon Beach Road, just past Sintavee on the other side of the road. Can't remember the name of it but the food is fantastic, and the price is reasonable too. Well worth a visit.

Its called Hontong Grill

Kon Tong

I tried this place the other night. No Thai food, No Pork, No Chicken, over priced rubbish, I will never go back.

This Kon Tong has now closed its doors, no loss really.

Im sure Blue is not impressed about the idea of a burger bus parked outside his shop 24/7. By the look of it they spent some serious money fitting Steve deli out, the shop always looks nice and clean and fresh and well stocked. Then out of nowhere some plonker parks his FFF burger bus outside, can you do anything about Blue?