Restaurants In Ban Chang / Rayong

PattayaParent

valley view restaurant is next door to green valley golf course rayong to find us come out of the golf course onto the mail road turn right and go 70 yards turn right again we are 200 yards down the road on the left hand side

Description

The owners are very Friendly English&Thai guy feel free to call for directions or info.

Location: Right next to Green Valley Golf Course, 12km from Ban Chang,

valley view is located next door to green valley and st andrews golf click the link to see more

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yb1K-_-PrM&feature=autoshare

If you have Sat nav:

12°48'43.41N

101° 3'42.02 E

Directions from green valley golf course:

From Green Valley Golf Course Turn right onto main road, go 100yards Turn right at the stone wall building, we are 200yards on left hand side.

Directions form Pattaya:

Get on Highway 36 out of Pattaya towards Rayong, Past Bira race circuit,

Past 331 junction on r/h side, About 8km Until a set of traffic lights

Turn right at traffic lights, go about 8km, Turn left 50yards before green valley golf course (There is a stone wall building on the corner as you turn left)

Directions from Ban Chang "The Strip"

From the strip of Bars, travel north (past the bars on your left)

Stay on that road for about 12 km) until you see signs for Green Valley & St Andrews Golf Course, go past the golf course entrance 100yards Turn right, at the stone wall building, we are 200yards on left hand side.

Being an OLDAUSSIE, I enjoy a good meat pie. The meat pies they are making at Vally View must be very close to the best pies I have eaten and being an OLDAUSSIE pie muncher I know a good pie when I eat one.

WARNING: Do not try and eat these pies while driving the car as the meat just burst out every where.

It must have been an Aussie that taught this lady "Malli" how to make meat pies, they are great. What ever you do, dont get talking to her Husband, he can talk the legs off a table.

valley view restaurant is next door to green valley golf course rayong to find us come out of the golf course onto the mail road turn right and go 70 yards turn right again we are 200 yards down the road on the left hand side

Description

The owners are very Friendly English&Thai guy feel free to call for directions or info.

valley view is located next door to green valley and st andrews golf click the link to see more

If you have Sat nav:

12°48'43.41N

101° 3'42.02 E

From Green Valley Golf Course Turn right onto main road, go 100yards Turn right at the stone wall building, we are 200yards on left hand side.

Directions form Pattaya:

Turn right at traffic lights, go about 8km, Turn left 50yards before green valley golf course (There is a stone wall building on the corner as you turn left)

Stay on that road for about 12 km) until you see signs for Green Valley & St Andrews Golf Course, go past the golf course entrance 100yards Turn right, at the stone wall building, we are 200yards on left hand side.

Being an OLDAUSSIE, I enjoy a good meat pie. The meat pies they are making at Vally View must be very close to the best pies I have eaten and being an OLDAUSSIE pie muncher I know a good pie when I eat one.

WARNING: Do not try and eat these pies while driving the car as the meat just burst out every where.

It must have been an Aussie that taught this lady "Malli" how to make meat pies, they are great. What ever you do, dont get talking to her Husband, he can talk the legs off a table.

Their Sunday Roast is good to but I just wish they would put on some roast pumpkin with it.

Description

If you have Sat nav:

12°48'43.41N

101° 3'42.02 E

Directions form Pattaya:

+1 for that, great pies and all round good food!

• Like 1

Description

If you have Sat nav:

12°48'43.41N

101° 3'42.02 E

Directions form Pattaya:

Do They only make your basic meat pie (beef I guess) or do they have other varieties? I go past there regularly and didn't even know it was there. I'm also a sucker for a good Aussie pie. It's one of the first things I have whenever I am back there, especially if it's winter... Ah, a hot pie on a cold and rainy day with a proper flat white coffee.

Description

If you have Sat nav:

12°48'43.41N

101° 3'42.02 E

Directions form Pattaya:

Do They only make your basic meat pie (beef I guess) or do they have other varieties? I go past there regularly and didn't even know it was there. I'm also a sucker for a good Aussie pie. It's one of the first things I have whenever I am back there, especially if it's winter... Ah, a hot pie on a cold and rainy day with a proper flat white coffee.

Loads of different pies, the chicken and stuffing ones are good, his home made curries are good too!

• Like 2

The Valley View also do a great Sunday Lunch. 2 X lamb; pork; beef; chicken, all on 1 plate, w/ 3 or 4 good Yorkshire pudds. Terrific food and value, imo.

Steve the owner has done a really good job up there. He doesn't advertize the place much, as word of mouth has got out already.

The Valley View also do a great Sunday Lunch. 2 X lamb; pork; beef; chicken, all on 1 plate, w/ 3 or 4 good Yorkshire pudds. Terrific food and value, imo.

Steve the owner has done a really good job up there. He doesn't advertize the place much, as word of mouth has got out already.

The place is absolutely spotless clean too, very well done.

You obviously don't frequent Facebook if you think Steve never advertises!!!! he never stops posting pics of the food, sending invitations etc!cheesy.gif

• 3 weeks later...

The new cake and coffee place on the strip is quite good. It's called esc and it's at the bottom of the soi opposite the camel. The cake is pretty good and the decoration is nice. I bought a couple of tubs of ice-cream and will comment on those later.

• 2 weeks later...

Steve & Mallee have done it again, this time they have started to make Cornish Pasties. I think once they fine tune the taste a little, bit more salt for me. w00t.gif

So if there are any old coal miners out there feeling homesick pop into Valley View and pick up a Pastie or two.

This has to stop I am putting on too much weight with all the great food he is serving up.biggrin.png

• Like 1

Dean the baker makes jumbo sausage rolls, chicken pasties and pork and vegetable pasties. He also does bread, bread buns, nan bread and pitta bread. You can buy most of his stuff at the Jungle Bar (used to be pound and penny) near Pala beach.

Phala beach is a huge beach, could you give me more directions or a google map link, cheers!

Dean the baker makes jumbo sausage rolls, chicken pasties and pork and vegetable pasties. He also does bread, bread buns, nan bread and pitta bread. You can buy most of his stuff at the Jungle Bar (used to be pound and penny) near Pala beach.

Phala beach is a huge beach, could you give me more directions or a google map link, cheers!

The directions to Aussie Al's Jungle bar are as follows;

When driving to Phala beach from Garden International school take the last left turn before the roundabout (about 2-300m before the roundabout), follow the road round and the jungle bar is on the left. If Dean's pies, pasties, sausage rolls, bread and muffins aren't there ask for Dean's number from Aussie Al. Dean will deliver to customer's houses.

When driving to Phala beach from Garden International school take the last left turn before the roundabout (about 2-300m before the roundabout), follow the road round and the jungle bar is on the left. If Dean's pies, pasties, sausage rolls, bread and muffins aren't there ask for Dean's number from Aussie Al. Dean will deliver to customer's houses.

Thanks Big Guns, I actually landed in the Jungle Bar by accident on Monday afternoon and Dean the baker came in so all sorted. Very nice bread and buns.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Is that Tony's old bar?

• 1 month later...

I have tried Valley View a few times now and have to agree that their pies are very good. I bought a couple of frozen curry chicken pies and they were very good. Also tried the chicken stuffing pie. Well made but it's not to my taste as a little bland. The fried breakfast is also okay but I think the Camel does a better job using much leaner bacon. Also I am not a fan of deep fried sausages. The fried potatoes though are very good.

• 2 weeks later...

Romson used to be a favourite, nice beach for the kids to play on while enjoying dinner, but last week we went, and the prices had doubled, and the portions had halved! spent 2400 bt for 4 adults and some kids, and walked away hungry. Bland taste, and same crappy service as usual. I guess they need to support all the villa construction.

PS so it seems I just joined the debate, (I had skipped ahead to the last page ), I am now reading all the posts about it. I stand by my comments as an occaisional customer and former fan over 15 yrs ; Thumbs Down!

Edited by Deelectro

Romson used to be a favourite, nice beach for the kids to play on while enjoying dinner, but last week we went, and the prices had doubled, and the portions had halved! spent 2400 bt for 4 adults and some kids, and walked away hungry. Bland taste, and same crappy service as usual. I guess they need to support all the villa construction.

PS so it seems I just joined the debate, (I had skipped ahead to the last page ), I am now reading all the posts about it. I stand by my comments as an occaisional customer and former fan over 15 yrs ; Thumbs Down!

I agree with you, it seems to be going down hill. I have heard that they are trying to sell it, I am very disappointed in the sea food Restaurants in Bang Chang area.

• 3 weeks later...

I went to Romson last night it was very good, as it always has been for my 8 years in the Chang. If you eat in the restaurant rather than the beach the service is great.

They have raised the prices though. Not too bad I think but definitely higher than the last few years. I agree the service upstairs is good and the food for me remains good

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

"Burgers Bus: Coffee, Tea and Burgers", Phala roundabout. Agree with the views of longball53098 (post #212). Visited there with wifey, BiL and 6 yr old nephew at about noon on Monday 29 April. A farang couple were just leaving as we arrived and another couple arrived as we were leaving - apart from us there were no other customers during our hour+ in the open-fronted restaurant. The actual Burgers Bus (minivan) was parked nearby in the blazing sun and was not open. Maybe they plan to drive the bus around selling food in the future as per the original Burger Bus service in Santa Barbara, California. The website burgersbus[dot]com seems to exist in name only at the moment. There is also an open-air top floor with fine sea views which has a yet-to-be-erected large canopy lying on the floor - would eventually be a great place for sundowner beers in theory, but they don't sell alcohol sad.png

Strange concept with an 'unfinished' feel - but no sign of further work going on. In addition to the larger open-air dining area, there is a glassed-in aircon area where they have the food counter and a few tables and chairs plus a huge Doberman lying panting on the floor to discourage any customers from entering! There were 8 uniformed serving staff as well as kitchen staff - one served us - the rest just giggled, joked around together and "played Facebook" in the Doberman-guarded aircon zone the whole time we were there. TIT in a nutshell!

I had the chicken burger and fries - it was OK. Nephew had a hot dog - just a boring processed pink sausage in a bread roll - no salad, dressing or sauces. The iced fruit drinks were good.

Best part for kids (young and old) are the hanging chair and swing right between the tables. It's just down the road from us, so may well visit again for a snack, but not a place to go out of your way for, imo.

Went there at the weekend. The Doberman has been replaced with this month's more fashionable Siberian Husky breed already.

This place just appears to be someone's "vanity project"; nice setting, parking, view, restaurant style etc. Just a pity they couldn't be arsed with the food or service.

Asked for a cheeseburger. "No hab cheese". Okay, went for pork steak and the missus had a "rib eye". It's pretty hard in Thailand to mess up a pork dish, but kudos to the Burgers Bus for accomplishing this. A piece of processed gristle in a sickly-sweet "sauce". The accompanying salad would have been nice, if it wasn't for the dayglo, ubiquitousely-sweet 'salad cream' dressing splurged all over it. The missus' steak was conversely pretty good for the price. But same again, slathered with sweet sauce.

There was a few Thai people there, mostly drinking teas / coffees at the time. Strange place, really. Could be really good, but opts for 7/11-quality food minus the attentive service. Won't bother going back again, but I doubt that the owner really cares much anyway. thumbsup.gif

^Thanks, that reminds me. There is a new Indian restaurant on the main Sukumvit Rd between Banchang and Maptaphut. At about 6km if you're heading out of Banchang towards MTP, the Sukumvit curves sharply to the right, directly on your right is the restaurant named "Spices" with a large red chili pepper logo above the door. You will have to go to the next lights (next to Esso station) to U-turn back.

I'm not a huge fan of Indian food myself, but a few people I know have given positive reports of the food and service at "Spices". Seems quite a few Indian people working in the area are frequent visitors also. Worth a try if you like Indian food.thumbsup.gif

A friend went there on the weekend and is a fan of Indian food. He also said it was very good. It's now on my must try list.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

do anyone have the contact no for Spices ????

Went to "Donchai's Italian" last night and was pleasantly surprised at the good food and service received. This place is in Banchang on the Payoon Rd to the beach, almost opposite the Sintawee Park housing estate entrance.

The chef / owner is the former chef of the "Four Season's" hotel in Bangkok, and has carried over the menu from there. Had a selection of (large, very thin-crust) pizza, steak, and pasta (Lasagne) between three of us. All of which was spot-on, and with a few drinks, came to just under 900 Baht.

I drive past this place on an almost daily basis, but never ventured in before yesterday. The place has a good ambience and setting, with pleasant and attentive staff combined with the excellent (imo) authentic Italian fayre. We will be going back sometime soon. Recommended. smile.png

Edited by huangnon

Went to "Donchai's Italian" last night and was pleasantly surprised at the good food and service received. This place is in Banchang on the Payoon Rd to the beach, almost opposite the Sintawee Park housing estate entrance.

The chef / owner is the former chef of the "Four Season's" hotel in Bangkok, and has carried over the menu from there. Had a selection of (large, very thin-crust) pizza, steak, and pasta (Lasagne) between three of us. All of which was spot-on, and with a few drinks, came to just under 900 Baht.

I drive past this place on an almost daily basis, but never ventured in before yesterday. The place has a good ambience and setting, with pleasant and attentive staff combined with the excellent (imo) authentic Italian fayre. We will be going back sometime soon. Recommended. smile.png

This place used to be good yes but recently they raised their prices on all dishes and also started using cheaper ingrediants for the pizza (cheese and bread/crust). If you think it's good now then you should have tried it a year ago.