Restaurants In Ban Chang / Rayong

PattayaParent

Try papa sing for pizza. Just opened so spot on. Plus base is not that thin. Located in the soi Behind the ferrang bars. Give it a go.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Somebody else was praising this place to me last night, will have to have a try!

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Well well , tried Papa Sings pizza last night - very good indeed. It was their official opening last nite as well and they were giving away free draft Asahi beer in copious amounts, and i had a lot!!!

I had the 12" supreme at the top price on their price list of 520 Baht and wow it was really loaded with fresh ingredients, lots of meat, lots of really tasty cheese and the base was just right.

I saw some people having the burgers and they looked good too, very big and loaded.

Very good set up. See their menu below, pizzas and burgers! !
Oh, and by the way the remaining pizza that I took home has passed the next morning test as well.:-)

I will be returning for sure!!, a place like this is just heaven for a big eater like me.

post-62606-14021916977225_thumb.jpg

post-62606-14021917164896_thumb.jpg

Edited by LennyW

The test will be if it's still good in six months.

It's a couple of American guys that own / run it and they seem to have the right approach and attitude, but for sure time will tell.

The test will be if it's still good in six months.

Papa Sing's goal is make a Delicious Pizza that is affordable to everyone. Prices range from 135 to 525 baht. You can order any combination of toppings the suite your desire. If they don't have the toppings you want, you can request it and it will be available for you the next time you return. Papa Sing's has a dedicated van and motorbike for delivery throughout Ban Chang.

post-211936-0-98081700-1402306424_thumb.post-211936-0-39094300-1402306446_thumb.

• Like 1

Tried their pizzas the other day. Nothing to write home about. A crust that tasted like a slice of bread and about the same thickness. No real taste to the sauce, so pretty much like all the others. My quest continues.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

New restaurant, inside the very front part of Sintavee Gardens, on Sukhumvit, called Villa Villa. Have eaten there about 10 times now, excellent, fresh Thai food, and the same for western foods. Owned/run by two Thai sisters, one married to a gringo and speaks English very very well, (a plus for me when eating out). Have had American breakfast a few times, ham sandwiches, chicken wings, pastas. They make the best Tam Thai (som tam without the stinky foul tasting boo and bala) that I have ever tasted. I always stop there to get my iced cappuccinos now, delicious, strong coffee. Prices are way too cheap, I think American breakfast was b80, for example. Ample parking too, this place is a gem: cheap, delicious, fresh foods, extra clean kitchen, English speaking Thai woman owner, nice spacious covered alcove to eat in, they even have cushioned seats at their tables, a very comfortable plus for those of us with skinny white bums. Man, it doesn't get any better than this!

Edited by thaimat

Agree . Did a make your own the other night. Ended up in the bin. Sauce too sweet . Base not up to the standard of the first one i had.

I tried Papa Sing's pizza today and was so surprised I took two 12" supreme's home with me for lunch tomorrow and to share with my friends. We certainly will be ordering them for our lunch. (Big orders). I don't know where you come from mate but I am from the country that makes the best Pizza's in the world and their Pizza's rank right up with some of the best Pizza's I have ever eaten. So the next time you want to throw one in the trash Please Please contact me and I will come over and take it home with me. Even though their Pizza's are so reasonably priced, I'll still take a free one any day. I think maybe you should go try the Camel's pizza or maybe you already have and your just trying to put the Camel's competition down like a <deleted>. Every one has the right to try to make a good product and i think that these guy's have done just that. So you just go suck on the camel's hind tit. I don't think these guy's will miss you. they have already sold from what I hear over 500 pizzas and they haven't even been open for over two weeks!!!!! wow. I think that says something. How many pizza's has the Camel sold? or anyone else for that matter?

They will certainly be getting my business when I get back to Banchang.

Cheers.

New restaurant in Rayong City on bar road with good pizzas and foreigner food. It is describing itself as a fine dining place so prices are comparable to Kantary Bay/Kameo.

The Bizarre -Near BankOk opposite old Loft Bar.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Agree . Did a make your own the other night. Ended up in the bin. Sauce too sweet . Base not up to the standard of the first one i had.

I tried Papa Sing's pizza today and was so surprised I took two 12" supreme's home with me for lunch tomorrow and to share with my friends. We certainly will be ordering them for our lunch. (Big orders). I don't know where you come from mate but I am from the country that makes the best Pizza's in the world and their Pizza's rank right up with some of the best Pizza's I have ever eaten. So the next time you want to throw one in the trash Please Please contact me and I will come over and take it home with me. Even though their Pizza's are so reasonably priced, I'll still take a free one any day. I think maybe you should go try the Camel's pizza or maybe you already have and your just trying to put the Camel's competition down like a . Every one has the right to try to make a good product and i think that these guy's have done just that. So you just go suck on the camel's hind tit. I don't think these guy's will miss you. they have already sold from what I hear over 500 pizzas and they haven't even been open for over two weeks!!!!! wow. I think that says something. How many pizza's has the Camel sold? or anyone else for that matter?

Cheers.

You must be Italian then

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Tried Papa's on SUnday night. 3 adults and one small kid.

I had a 10 inch supreme and wife had 10 inch cheese. I was more than happy with the supreme. Ate half and the other half re-heated at home yesterday. Fresh it was very good and re-heat was also good.

They were very busy around 6 Sun night. Staff moving around well and taking care of all.

Only down side was we ordered french fries for the little girl. Took quite a bit to get the fries out of the kitchen and then when arrived they were "seasoned" fries and the girl refused to eat them. Her mother talked to staff and they replaced with plain fries but took another 10 minutes and the 5 year old was being 5.

So my comment here is be aware the fries have added seasoning and they don't tell you.

I will definitely order from them again. Nice change from home made

I tried Papa Sing's pizza today and was so surprised I took two 12" supreme's home with me for lunch tomorrow and to share with my friends. We certainly will be ordering them for our lunch. (Big orders). I don't know where you come from mate but I am from the country that makes the best Pizza's in the world and their Pizza's rank right up with some of the best Pizza's I have ever eaten. So the next time you want to throw one in the trash Please Please contact me and I will come over and take it home with me. Even though their Pizza's are so reasonably priced, I'll still take a free one any day. I think maybe you should go try the Camel's pizza or maybe you already have and your just trying to put the Camel's competition down like a <deleted>. Every one has the right to try to make a good product and i think that these guy's have done just that. So you just go suck on the camel's hind tit. I don't think these guy's will miss you. they have already sold from what I hear over 500 pizzas and they haven't even been open for over two weeks!!!!! wow. I think that says something. How many pizza's has the Camel sold? or anyone else for that matter?

Cheers.

Please declare an interest.. Are you the owner of Papa Sing's?

Edited by huangnon
  • Like 1

I tried Papa Sing's pizza today and was so surprised I took two 12" supreme's home with me for lunch tomorrow and to share with my friends. We certainly will be ordering them for our lunch. (Big orders). I don't know where you come from mate but I am from the country that makes the best Pizza's in the world and their Pizza's rank right up with some of the best Pizza's I have ever eaten. So the next time you want to throw one in the trash Please Please contact me and I will come over and take it home with me. Even though their Pizza's are so reasonably priced, I'll still take a free one any day. I think maybe you should go try the Camel's pizza or maybe you already have and your just trying to put the Camel's competition down like a . Every one has the right to try to make a good product and i think that these guy's have done just that. So you just go suck on the camel's hind tit. I don't think these guy's will miss you. they have already sold from what I hear over 500 pizzas and they haven't even been open for over two weeks!!!!! wow. I think that says something. How many pizza's has the Camel sold? or anyone else for that matter?

Cheers.

&lt;deleted&gt;. If you knew me at all you would know I'm no Camel fan.

I had good pizzas from Papa Sing. Probably had more than you. The make your own was not good. The base had changed . The sauce was too sweet. Not half as good as their first week.

Cheers

Cheers.

<deleted>. If you knew me at all you would know I'm no Camel fan.

I had good pizzas from Papa Sing. Probably had more than you. The make your own was not good. The base had changed . The sauce was too sweet. Not half as good as their first week.

Cheers

Cheers.

<deleted>. If you knew me at all you would know I'm no Camel fan.

Cheers

Edited by Jimbo1469

Thankyou

Great customer relations and very gracious. You never lost my custom. I've had 4 pizzas since. Still rate you best in Banchang. The make your own was mushroom bacon and ham. Normally I have the meat or sausage. So in hindsight maybe I got the full force of the sweetness of the sauce as the two I normally have are quite spicey toppings. Happy to buy you a drink too. Was just annoyed some one thought I was a Camel fan. I've just checked the sauces I don't use and I have had 14 pizzas from you guys.

I will stand on the base comment though. They seem to change .

Anyway still love the food. A garlic supreme pizza would be out of this world. Just an idea.

Thanks

Sparkey

Thank you for the kind reply, as far as a garlic supreme, I would be happy to make you one, at no charge, however I would want your feedback on the taste.

Thanks for Base comment, the bases are made fresh daily using the same recipe. I keep finding that the cooks are not keeping the upper and lower burners consistent and this will change the texture. Just one of the issues we have to work on. I have been thinking of taping the temperature adjustments in the proper setting.

I will always be happy to hear your comments and suggestions.

Best regards

Sent from my D5503 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I tried Papa Sings last night and I must say its the best Pizza I have ever had in Thailand and i have been in & out of Thailand for 23 years, 3 Military coup etc,

The base was perfect for me I had the Meat eaters Pizza good taste and plenty of filling on it.

1 Medium Pizza + 1 Hot dog + 2 Coke and the bill came out at 490B + plus the tip for excellent service, plus the owner gave me a free drink at the end this was a nice touch as it doesn't happen too often in Thailand

Even the Mrs enjoyed the Pizza saying it was the best she ever had, she is a tough critic as she is a chef.

I will be going back and that is for sure, I want to try some his pasta dishes, very large menu which he is adding to all the time now doing Breakfast.

He also has a web site now with the full menu on it.

I would like to wish the owners and staff good luck for a successful business, there are many Restaurants in Bang Chang but good ones are hard to find.

coffee1.gif

Coming back to Ban Chang soon

Beach Barbeque owners are opening a new place further along and round the back someplace. Always enjoyed the food when they ran the original. Follow up owners let it go a bit.

Will post again when I get more details on time and location.

Edited by overherebc

• 3 months later...

Chill Bar/Restaurant opened now at Phala pier.

Clean, comfortable, menu getting bigger everyday nice to relax in.

Drive down the road from Tesco until you reach the mini roundabout, turn right go about 200/250 metres and there is a road branch to the left, if you reach the Wat you've gone 50 metres too far, After you branch left follow the narrow road to the left of the small shrine and it's another 50/60 metres.

post-98036-0-71351000-1413352248_thumb.j

post-98036-0-37157800-1413352355_thumb.j

post-98036-0-59849000-1413352400_thumb.j

Romson used to be a favourite, nice beach for the kids to play on while enjoying dinner, but last week we went, and the prices had doubled, and the portions had halved! spent 2400 bt for 4 adults and some kids, and walked away hungry. Bland taste, and same crappy service as usual. I guess they need to support all the villa construction.

PS so it seems I just joined the debate, (I had skipped ahead to the last page ), I am now reading all the posts about it. I stand by my comments as an occaisional customer and former fan over 15 yrs ; Thumbs Down!

Just went there at the weekend, and unfortunately you are spot on. I have defended Romson's quite a bit in this thread already, but sadly the food / service and prices really have changed for the worse.sad.png

Ah, well. Always lots of new places to try.

Edited by huangnon

Any parking along there? looks worth a visit.

Drove in there on the moto just an hour ago. I live in the area so easy for me. Parking is very, very limited as soi only parking in the general vicinity of the pier entry.

I Google'd the place on Street view maps and the street view is old before the place was built but gives a good look to the street and how to get in there. Here are the GPS numbers: 12.665746, 101.044797

I took a couple of photos too. The entry of the place and the turn in to the soi to get there. You can see a sign hung on a wall to show an arrow pointing to the left.

post-20917-0-61569900-1413445298_thumb.j

post-20917-0-59907800-1413445320_thumb.j

Romson used to be a favourite, nice beach for the kids to play on while enjoying dinner, but last week we went, and the prices had doubled, and the portions had halved! spent 2400 bt for 4 adults and some kids, and walked away hungry. Bland taste, and same crappy service as usual. I guess they need to support all the villa construction.

PS so it seems I just joined the debate, (I had skipped ahead to the last page ), I am now reading all the posts about it. I stand by my comments as an occaisional customer and former fan over 15 yrs ; Thumbs Down!

Just went there at the weekend, and unfortunately you are spot on. I have defended Romson's quite a bit in this thread already, but sadly the food / service and prices really have changed for the worse.sad.png

Ah, well. Always lots of new places to try.

Just went there for lunch today with clients and my team, a total of 12 people, huge feed, 3340 baht in total, so far from expensive and very good quality food.... However, i know from past experience it can be very hit or miss with both the service and the quality of the food, but today - spot on!